Woman Puts Up 'Whites Only' Rental Sign

The only good thing about a racist asshole like this woman is that you know immediately that she is a racist asshole.

Who, in this century, even thinks like that anymore? It's putrid and definately racist and I hate it that she is even on this earth. :disbelief:

Would you call her a sexest asshole if she had put up a sign saying she wanted to rent to females only? She is an older woman and is alone. I might think that she should rent to any race but if it makes her feel more comfortable then it isn't the place of any of us to tell her otherwise. She isn't picketing to have her neighbors believe the same way she does, she isn't spewing hate and isn't shouting racial slurs at anyone so I say ignore her. Anyone who feels strongly about racial equality wouldn't rent from her anyways. -Shrugs-

This does remind me of our president's grandmother though. She was walking to the bus stop when a large black man came up and started making her uncomfortable by standing close and being rude if I remember right. From then on if she was alone she said she would cross the street to avoid a large black man. A single bad experience is enough to startle an older woman who is by herself.

Another question.... would this have even made the papers if she was black and advertising to only black renters? Or is this just popular because she is white. Chew on that question for a few...

The only good thing about a racist asshole like this woman is that you know immediately that she is a racist asshole.

Who, in this century, even thinks like that anymore? It's putrid and definately racist and I hate it that she is even on this earth. :disbelief:

Would you call her a sexest asshole if she had put up a sign saying she wanted to rent to females only? She is an older woman and is alone. I might think that she should rent to any race but if it makes her feel more comfortable then it isn't the place of any of us to tell her otherwise. She isn't picketing to have her neighbors believe the same way she does, she isn't spewing hate and isn't shouting racial slurs at anyone so I say ignore her. Anyone who feels strongly about racial equality wouldn't rent from her anyways. -Shrugs-

This does remind me of our president's grandmother though. She was walking to the bus stop when a large black man came up and started making her uncomfortable by standing close and being rude if I remember right. From then on if she was alone she said she would cross the street to avoid a large black man. A single bad experience is enough to startle an older woman who is by herself.

Another question.... would this have even made the papers if she was black and advertising to only black renters? Or is this just popular because she is white. Chew on that question for a few...

It would be important to recall if somone was actually being rude and how so. It wasn't just like "hey that guy is rude.....cause he's black....I hate rude black people". I mean.....do you think you could be sure of these things before you give us your testimony ? The rude part is really, really important. If you're not sure, then the story kinda falls apart into a simple matter that the lady is just scared of black people because they are black.

So.....was this person rude or not ? Can you remember ? It's important to the story.

It should be her right to discriminate against who she rents to on any basis she wants. I don’t care if it’s skin color, hair color, eye color, religion, gender, or what. If you were not White why the fuck would you want to have a racist bitch as your landlord anyway? Nasty landlords are the worst. I and a friend once rented a place from these people who encouraged "organic gardeners" to apply. If only we had known this was code talk for nasty hippies only. It seems like every week they'd bug us about not recycling every possible thing, not planting a garden, or disrespecting the local senior population by having our car bumpers encroach upon the sidewalk. You had to not breathe when they came over because they smelled so bad and you'd say anything to get them to go away. Damned hippies.

All a "whites only" sign does in this context is save everybody time. She can always just choose not to rent to a Mexican or Black and make up an excuse even if she doesn’t advertise it. If she doesn't discriminate as she sees fit there may be conflicts later. Now they'll know to stay away and problems are avoided.

Really???

Why?

Personal/private property rights.:cool:

I suppose the same could be said about water fountains.

Not unless they're privately owned. Then they can put "smurfs only" for all I care.

Last edited:
One more time...I don't remember anything in her sign about renting to "whites ONLY". As I recall, she said "I rent 3 rooms to whites". It was her reaction to a man trying to break into her house and when she stopped him he said "This is America, I can do what I want". IMO she was trying to make a point, though I don't know, the story is incomplete. It also said she had 7 more signs she was going to put up, but didn't say what they said.

Now she may be a racist if that was a "for rent" sign, but the way I took it is that she was already renting rooms to whites.

There was no "whites ONLY" in the sign, only in the title of the article. Yet another media bias that is trying to cause controversy.

It would be important to recall if somone was actually being rude and how so. It wasn't just like "hey that guy is rude.....cause he's black....I hate rude black people". I mean.....do you think you could be sure of these things before you give us your testimony ? The rude part is really, really important. If you're not sure, then the story kinda falls apart into a simple matter that the lady is just scared of black people because they are black.

So.....was this person rude or not ? Can you remember ? It's important to the story.

I cannot remember. That wasn't the true focal point of the story. More that you don't know what this woman has dealt with or gone through in her life and she is single and older.

The story I was reffering to was all over the news. People started reporting what had happened to Obama's grandmother I think in her defense. He had kinda made her sound like a racist during the campaign, but I am unable to find any of the articles at this point. I apologize for that.

One more time...I don't remember anything in her sign about renting to "whites ONLY". As I recall, she said "I rent 3 rooms to whites". It was her reaction to a man trying to break into her house and when she stopped him he said "This is America, I can do what I want". IMO she was trying to make a point, though I don't know, the story is incomplete. It also said she had 7 more signs she was going to put up, but didn't say what they said.

Now she may be a racist if that was a "for rent" sign, but the way I took it is that she was already renting rooms to whites.

There was no "whites ONLY" in the sign, only in the title of the article. Yet another media bias that is trying to cause controversy.

Stop trying to be sensible. :tongue:

“I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

Implies she wouldn't rent to blacks. Why bother saying the race if it wasn't a political statement?

“I rent three bedrooms [at her address to] white people Niagara Falls.”

Implies she wouldn't rent to blacks. Why bother saying the race if it wasn't a political statement?

I agree it was a political statement.....that doesn't mean she is a racist or that she would rent to whites ONLY.

I would like to know what the 7 other political signs said.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year: If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed - Josephine Hearn - Politico.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yep racism is alive and well in America..

And if he turned around and tried to start a Congressional White Caucus, what do you think would happen?

As a white liberal running in a majority African American district, Tennessee Democrat Stephen I. Cohen made a novel pledge on the campaign trail last year: If elected, he would seek to become the first white member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Now that he's a freshman in Congress, Cohen has changed his plans. He said he has dropped his bid after several current and former caucus members made it clear to him that whites need not apply.

And if he turned around and tried to start a Congressional White Caucus, what do you think would happen?

Oh, oh, oh, I know the answer to that question. Pick me, pick me.

OK...let's see...Hmmmm.....

Yes..you..MountainMan.

lol the branding iron is in the fire!

I lived both with many different - white and black roommates - and there wasn't much of a difference all in all. Actually, the black homosexual man I lived with when I was 19 was the tidiest and best educated out of all my other roommates I've ever had... he was a writer. On the other hand, I lived with a 28-year old fat southern white girl and she could not clean worth of shit - she liked to bake bread, but obviously never gave a thought to cleaning up afterwards... Fuck stereotypes say I. Judge everyone individually and don't put up stupid illegal and contrary signs. The woman still had a choice to rent to whomever she wanted to - just don't put up the idiotic sign. Some people just like to stir things up like that - I have no respect for it whatsoever because their behavior is not respectful of others.

I lived both with many different - white and black roommates - and there wasn't much of a difference all in all. Actually, the black homosexual man I lived with when I was 19 was the tidiest and best educated out of all my other roommates I've ever had... he was a writer. On the other hand, I lived with a 28-year old fat southern white girl and she could not clean worth of shit - she liked to bake bread, but obviously never gave a thought to cleaning up afterwards... Fuck stereotypes say I. Judge everyone individually and don't put up stupid illegal and contrary signs. The woman still had a choice to rent to whomever she wanted to - just don't put up the idiotic sign. Some people just like to stir things up like that - I have no respect for it whatsoever because their behavior is not respectful of others.

Again, the woman put up the sign in response to a man trying to break into her home and telling her "This is America, I can do what I want." I think she made her point.

Again, the woman put up the sign in response to a man trying to break into her home and telling her "This is America, I can do what I want." I think she made her point.

Ehm, no, you misread the article. She said she put it up after somebody broke into her house and she said - while she talked to the police - that "This is America, I can do what I want." Read it again, the article is written rather poorly, that's true.

Also, why would she respond to the house-break-in by putting up the sign? That doesn't make an ounce of sense. Unless it were a black person that broke into her house, in which case it would be at least understandable.

My question is, if a Mexican landlord says no to Blacks or Muslims, is that racist, or is that considered ok? Or if a Japanese landlord refused to rent to No Koreans or Himalayans, is that considered racist, or is that ok?

Its fascinating when you get into other than white on (fill in the race) racism, how its almost...tolerated or accepted as ok.

My question is, if a Mexican landlord says no to Blacks or Muslims, is that racist, or is that considered ok? Or if a Japanese landlord refused to rent to No Koreans or Himalayans, is that considered racist, or is that ok?

Its fascinating when you get into other than white on (fill in the race) racism, how its almost...tolerated or accepted as ok.

No, of course it's not ok and I personally don't know anybody that would claim otherwise. Not sure where you're going with this question...

Forum List

Back