Woman Puts Up 'Whites Only' Rental Sign

I don't think the State should dictate weather I can smoke in my personal car or if I can allow or ban it from my restaurant or personal/private property. Public fountains,public buildings and facilities are different, they are paid for and managed by all.

Are we talking about smoking or serving food to blacks?

I'm discussing private property rights, you seem to be discussing serving food to blacks,lol.

Okay...what about zoning laws? Do they violate private property rights?

I'm discussing private property rights, you seem to be discussing serving food to blacks,lol.

yes and you know what, I got burned by the area where I live NOT having zoning when a Section 8 apartment complex built across the street from me, forever deminishing my property values. Now certain things need the rule of law, such as, you can't dump raw sewerage in a ditch or stream that pollutes other people's property, you can't pollute my air,water or food simply because you can claim private property rights, your hurting others property.

yes and you know what, I got burned by the area where I live NOT having zoning when a Section 8 apartment complex built across the street from me, forever deminishing my property values. Now certain things need the rule of law, such as, you can't dump raw sewerage in a ditch or stream that pollutes other people's property, you can't pollute my air,water or food simply because you can claim private property rights, your hurting others property.

Excellent point...however, besides the diminishment of your property values, how does the Section 8 housing pollute your air, water or food?

Excellent point...however, besides the diminishment of your property values, how does the Section 8 housing pollute your air, water or food?

It doesn't, they have the right to be there and I'll defend that right....as long as they and everyone else stays off my property.(I loathe trespassers:evil:)

There were some very nice and new apartments down the street from me.

Then started accepting Section 8

Within 2 years the place had become the Hood.

The police were there 2 or 3 times per night and the whole place became like a trash dump.

What I meant was safety zoning laws, like allowing 300 people into your club that can only safely hold 100. Are those appropriate, or would they be violating the private property owner?

The police were there 2 or 3 times per night and the whole place became like a trash dump.

So, when combined with your house, the police were called to your neighborhood every night of the week.

What I meant was safety zoning laws, like allowing 300 people into your club that can only safely hold 100. Are those appropriate, or would they be violating the private property owner?

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you need a law that tells you there are too many in your establishment or do you need a rule that says a place is too over crowed for your safety or tastes? I know I don't so no I don't think they are needed although insurance companies have then the right to say how many can be in your building or they won't insure or pay on the claim, that gives me the incentive not to over crown right there.:cool:

Crime has gone up in this area too, it just proves that the government even fucks neighborhoods up. No government intervention, no section 8, no high crime problem here and higher property values.

That always seems to be the case. Good intentions sometime lead to undesirable results. This is yet another case in point.

as a former real estate agent...there are reasons that people are blocked from things like this...you allow this to start and you will be amazed who they opt not to rent too...for example ...a lot of landlords do not like to rent to people with kids...they would take pets over kids...i think the current laws address the situation well...if she wants whites only then she cannot advertise it to the public...she will have to find herself white renters off the public market

See, I hate renting to people with kids or pets, they tear up shit and then I got to deal with the headache of repairing it.

so take your shit off the market and find a renter without advertising....no one can prevent you from doing that

as a former real estate agent...there are reasons that people are blocked from things like this...you allow this to start and you will be amazed who they opt not to rent too...for example ...a lot of landlords do not like to rent to people with kids...they would take pets over kids...i think the current laws address the situation well...if she wants whites only then she cannot advertise it to the public...she will have to find herself white renters off the public market

See, I hate renting to people with kids or pets, they tear up shit and then I got to deal with the headache of repairing it.

so take your shit off the market and find a renter without advertising....no one can prevent you from doing that

That basically is what happens, I just don't see the logic is having to go "underground" or stealth like that in a society that was founded on the basis of freedom.

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you need a law that tells you there are too many in your establishment or do you need a rule that says a place is too over crowed for your safety or tastes? I know I don't so no I don't think they are needed although insurance companies have then the right to say how many can be in your building or they won't insure or pay on the claim, that gives me the incentive not to over crown right there.:cool:

lets retract all public safety laws...personally i think i should be able to pass school buses...its private property only washes so far....i mean can i operate my meth lab....i got 10 acres and it is my property?

lets retract all public safety laws...personally i think i should be able to pass school buses...its private property only washes so far....i mean can i operate my meth lab....i got 10 acres and it is my property?

Passing a school bus, are you doing that on private property? If that bus is on your property then sure why not but they are normally on public roads,right? Personally, I think all drugs should be legal, meth labs are a by product of government intervention although I suppose that's for another thread.:cool:

Forum List

Back