Woman Charged With Attempted Murder In Failed Coat Hanger Abortion

566e6c5a1900002400789c22.jpg

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman is charged with attempted first-degree murder for what investigators say was a failed abortion attempt.

The Daily News Journal reports Anna Yocca, of Murfreesboro, about 33 miles southeast of Nashville, was arrested on Wednesday. She is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

According to a Murfreesboro Police Department report, in September Yocca, 31, filled a bathtub with water and attempted to self-abort with a coat hanger. She began bleeding and became worried about her safety.

Her boyfriend took her to the hospital where doctors delivered a 24-week-old baby weighing just 1.5 pounds. Doctors told investigators the child will need medical support for the rest of his life because of the injuries he sustained.

Yocca is due in court Dec. 21. Jail officials did not know whether she has an attorney.

Is this really what anti-abortion zealots want - to drive pregnant women seeking abortion back into the dark days of desperation? If not, I suggest they lighten up on women's reproductive healthcare facilities like Planned Parenthood and allow women to safely exercise their legal rights without being subjected to unnecessary fear.

So you are saying women should be able to abort "because they feel like it" after viability?

Nope, that's not at all what I'm saying. The woman is an idiot. If she was going to have an abortion - she should of had it done right at a women's reproductive healthcare facility. I have no pity for her stupid act - only pity for her future which she brought upon herself. My heart goes out to the injured child. How could anyone not have compassion for such a mess.

She was in the 3rd trimester, so I don't think she could have had a legal one anyway unless there was a medical need. So again, by pointing this out and blaming abortion "zelots" who push for laws regulating abortion in the 3rd trimester, are you saying this woman should have been able to go to a clinic and aborted a 24 week old fetus?

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman is charged with attempted first-degree murder for what investigators say was a failed abortion attempt.

The Daily News Journal reports Anna Yocca, of Murfreesboro, about 33 miles southeast of Nashville, was arrested on Wednesday. She is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

According to a Murfreesboro Police Department report, in September Yocca, 31, filled a bathtub with water and attempted to self-abort with a coat hanger. She began bleeding and became worried about her safety.

Her boyfriend took her to the hospital where doctors delivered a 24-week-old baby weighing just 1.5 pounds. Doctors told investigators the child will need medical support for the rest of his life because of the injuries he sustained.

Yocca is due in court Dec. 21. Jail officials did not know whether she has an attorney.

Is this really what anti-abortion zealots want - to drive pregnant women seeking abortion back into the dark days of desperation? If not, I suggest they lighten up on women's reproductive healthcare facilities like Planned Parenthood and allow women to safely exercise their legal rights without being subjected to unnecessary fear.

So you are saying women should be able to abort "because they feel like it" after viability?

Nope, that's not at all what I'm saying. The woman is an idiot. If she was going to have an abortion - she should of had it done right at a women's reproductive healthcare facility. I have no pity for her stupid act - only pity for her future which she brought upon herself. My heart goes out to the injured child. How could anyone not have compassion for such a mess.

I don't agree with what that woman did.

However I just did a search on the number of abortion clinics in Tenn.

There are 3. Two of them are in Nashville. The other one is in Bristol.

That's it. If that woman didn't live close to a clinic and didn't have the money or ability to get to a clinic, this is what happens.

When you wage war on the clinics and take access away from women, this is what happens.

When you keep wages low and don't offer affordable insurance to people, this is what happens.

I understand why she was charged. She was 24 weeks along and the fetus was born alive. The cut off for an elective abortion is 20 weeks unless there was a serious problem with the fetus or it put the life or health of the woman in jeopardy.

She probably didn't have the money or transportation to a clinic to have the abortion before the 20 week cut off.

Women need options. Not regulations. Women need to be treated fairly and have proper medical treatment available to them where they don't have to travel hundreds of miles, spend the money to stay in a hotel and lose time off work just for health care.

There is so much wrong with this situation I just shake my head in disgust with all the anti abortion people who have forced such conditions on women in our nation.

That's it. If that woman didn't live close to a clinic and didn't have the money or ability to get to a clinic, this is what happens.

When you wage war on the clinics and take access away from women, this is what happens.

When you keep wages low and don't offer affordable insurance to people, this is what happens.

I understand why she was charged. She was 24 weeks along and the fetus was born alive. The cut off for an elective abortion is 20 weeks unless there was a serious problem with the fetus or it put the life or health of the woman in jeopardy.

She probably didn't have the money or transportation to a clinic to have the abortion before the 20 week cut off.

Women need options. Not regulations. Women need to be treated fairly and have proper medical treatment available to them where they don't have to travel hundreds of miles, spend the money to stay in a hotel and lose time off work just for health care.

There is so much wrong with this situation I just shake my head in disgust with all the anti abortion people who have forced such conditions on women in our nation.

So would you force the State to open abortion clinics? or force every gynecologist to do elective abortions?

Really??? This was happening before abortion was legalized!!! No need now for this kind of back alley thing to be happening. What do you expect from rednecks in Tennessee, but the do have good health care there if you're simply smart enough to seek it out.
Yeah those Tennessee rednecks like All Gore.

Plastic surgery is legal everywhere but women continue pumping concrete and super glue into their butts. There's no explaining why women do what they do.

They said if I voted for Romney things like this would happen.
And they were right!

Plastic surgery is legal everywhere but women continue pumping concrete and super glue into their butts. There's no explaining why women do what they do.

That's a new one to me! What's the point? To stop pooping? Imodium would seem like a much safer alternative.

So would you force the State to open abortion clinics? or force every gynecologist to do elective abortions?

How about abortions be stopped all together, and abortion clinics nor gynecologist be party to them? How many thousands of years did we go without the dreadful practice? With modern means of prevention, women should take complete responsibility for their own fertility, plain and simple. Oh, and grow up and not think if they engineer a pregnancy they'll have the guy in their grips for life, or at less until the resulting kid grows up and moves on. And, I'm feed up with the excuse of them being forced or raped. Bullshit! 99% of those wouldn't happen if they simply used discretion and didn't put themselves in potentially compromising situations. Stupid, stupid women. Think, women, think, but that's asking entirely too much, I realize.

Shouldn't you be on the anal sex thread?

So if a woman self-aborts then it's murder? But if she aborts at a clinic then no problem?

What happen to the liberal feminist cry of, "My body...my decision....my rights"? ..... :cool:

It still applies - so we must ask the Tennessee legal system why they are charging her with attempted first-degree murder!
She tried to kill a human being,what part of that don't you get?

Forum List

Back