Woman Charged With Attempted Murder In Failed Coat Hanger Abortion

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
566e6c5a1900002400789c22.jpg

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman is charged with attempted first-degree murder for what investigators say was a failed abortion attempt.

The Daily News Journal reports Anna Yocca, of Murfreesboro, about 33 miles southeast of Nashville, was arrested on Wednesday. She is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

According to a Murfreesboro Police Department report, in September Yocca, 31, filled a bathtub with water and attempted to self-abort with a coat hanger. She began bleeding and became worried about her safety.

Her boyfriend took her to the hospital where doctors delivered a 24-week-old baby weighing just 1.5 pounds. Doctors told investigators the child will need medical support for the rest of his life because of the injuries he sustained.

Yocca is due in court Dec. 21. Jail officials did not know whether she has an attorney.

Is this really what anti-abortion zealots want - to drive pregnant women seeking abortion back into the dark days of desperation? If not, I suggest they lighten up on women's reproductive healthcare facilities like Planned Parenthood and allow women to safely exercise their legal rights without being subjected to unnecessary fear.

So if a woman self-aborts then it's murder? But if she aborts at a clinic then no problem?

What happen to the liberal feminist cry of, "My body...my decision....my rights"? ..... :cool:

It still applies - so we must ask the Tennessee legal system why they are charging her with attempted first-degree murder!

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee woman is charged with attempted first-degree murder for what investigators say was a failed abortion attempt.

The Daily News Journal reports Anna Yocca, of Murfreesboro, about 33 miles southeast of Nashville, was arrested on Wednesday. She is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

According to a Murfreesboro Police Department report, in September Yocca, 31, filled a bathtub with water and attempted to self-abort with a coat hanger. She began bleeding and became worried about her safety.

Her boyfriend took her to the hospital where doctors delivered a 24-week-old baby weighing just 1.5 pounds. Doctors told investigators the child will need medical support for the rest of his life because of the injuries he sustained.

Yocca is due in court Dec. 21. Jail officials did not know whether she has an attorney.

Is this really what anti-abortion zealots want - to drive pregnant women seeking abortion back into the dark days of desperation? If not, I suggest they lighten up on women's reproductive healthcare facilities like Planned Parenthood and allow women to safely exercise their legal rights without being subjected to unnecessary fear.

So you are saying women should be able to abort "because they feel like it" after viability?

So if a woman self-aborts then it's murder? But if she aborts at a clinic then no problem?

What happen to the liberal feminist cry of, "My body...my decision....my rights"? ..... :cool:

If the baby is deemed alive or viable first outside the womb, before life is terminated, then it can be ruled as murder.
I wish the couple the best in organizing help to pay those medical bills and extensive
legal and personal counseling also needed here.

If the bf is the father, what business do either of them have with sex and even the RISK of conception
if she clearly wasn't prepared to have this baby? with choice of sex comes responsibility.
if he is the one who coerced her to have sex then he is more responsible.
if she consented equally then they are both responsible for paying for the consequences of not being ready.

Regardless if these consequences are blamed as abortion, abuse or attempted murder,
the people responsible for the choice to have sex before she was ready should be held for the costs.

if coercion was involved, that may explain why this woman would have sex if she wasn't ready for
the responsibility of childbirth and why she tried to do this at 24 weeks. I pray they all get help!

Really??? This was happening before abortion was legalized!!! No need now for this kind of back alley thing to be happening. What do you expect from rednecks in Tennessee, but the do have good health care there if you're simply smart enough to seek it out.

So you are saying women should be able to abort "because they feel like it" after viability?

Nope, that's not at all what I'm saying. The woman is an idiot. If she was going to have an abortion - she should of had it done right at a women's reproductive healthcare facility. I have no pity for her stupid act - only pity for her future which she brought upon herself. My heart goes out to the injured child. How could anyone not have compassion for such a mess.

What an idiot.
Why couldn't she have just got professional help? If she couldn't afford it, the dumb bitch shouldn't have been having sex.

So what you are saying is the woman who attempted to self abort is being charged with a crime but if she had gone to your favorite 'birth control' center AKA Planned Parenthood location she would not have been charged.
Your brain is fucked up Pocahontas. Deep guilt from murdering live human beings can do this.

So what you are saying is the woman who attempted to self abort is being charged with a crime but if she had gone to your favorite 'birth control' center AKA Planned Parenthood location she would not have been charged.
Your brain is fucked up Pocahontas. Deep guilt from murdering live human beings can do this.

Contrary to what ignorant NaziCons may believe - abortions are LEGAL.

If she couldn't afford it, the dumb bitch shouldn't have been having sex.
Amen to this. And if she can't abstain from certain things, there are things such as condoms and birth control medicine.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Ya tell the fucking father to put on a condom! Works everytime.
Do they? I've heard it said that sometimes even a condom is not enough to prevent pregnancy.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Although this woman is an idiot and deserves whatever punishment Tennessee deems appropriate - the OP is a prime example of what will happen (again) if abortions become illegal (totally outlawed) and women are forced once again into the heinous butchery of back-alley abortion providers.

Forum List

Back