Woman arrested for removing Obama-Hitler sign.

So you'd like to do away with the first amendment?

I am okay with free speech, but I think it crosses a line here.

Understood that you think you or your representative ilk should be able to define 'free speech.'

Hitler had millions of people murdered. Why is it okay to compare Obama to someone like that?

I can't stand Romney or Ryan, but I would never want to see either of them compared to some sick fuck like Hitler.

The person who put the signs up should be arrested, first for being total dipshits, and then for being dumb fucks.

You Repubs might hate Obama, but that is no reason to compare him to Hitler.

So you'd like to do away with the first amendment?

How so? What "line" does it cross?

Understood that you think you or your representative ilk should be able to define 'free speech.'

Hitler had millions of people murdered. Why is it okay to compare Obama to someone like that?

I can't stand Romney or Ryan, but I would never want to see either of them compared to some sick fuck like Hitler.

It's foolish and idiotic to compare Obama to Hitler. But I don't see why it should be illegal.

In fact, I'm certain that many people in this country would think that my opinions are foolish and idiotic.

Comparing a political candidate to a mass murderer like Hitler should never be accepted.

I guess that is the difference between you and I.

So you wish to make that illegal? Curtailing the right of free speech?

It is fee speech to compare Obama to a pedophile?

There is free speech, and there is free speech that is so outrageous and offensive that yes, it should be banned.

Thank god I live in Australia.

Woman, 80, arrested for removing Obama-Hitler sign - Yahoo! News

Damn violent Obama supporters...:badgrin:

If the shoe fits I don't see why she is so upset over it...Hitler had Enabling Act Obama has NDAA....
I agree with this, and the article. Both parties are leaning more and more toward fascism. I often find that one of the most reliable sources for independent and scholarly journalism that tends to reach past the "Left/Right-Gate Keepers" of information are those of the Mises Institute, the John Birch Society and Lyndon LaRouche. It's a motley mix of far Right libertarians and far left progressives, but one thing they all have in common? Is a love for facts with a lot less spin than commercial media. The corporate media isn't so reliable. Their organization would have been a less disingenuous if they had been posting signs of Romney with Hitler mustaches as well. :tongue:

Yes, thank god you do live in Australia, you would never ever understand our first Amendment. What the hell are you even doing on a US Message Board, if real freedom of speech bothers you?

Perhaps you should lobby for Australia to withdraw from the UN, Elenore's ideas were apparently to progressive for you guys. :tongue:

udhr_19.jpg

Comparing a political candidate to a mass murderer like Hitler should never be accepted.

There is free speech, and there is free speech that is so outrageous and offensive that yes, it should be banned.

Heh, well you see to myself and a lot of other Americans this is really not much of a thing, it's really a story about nothing. The women was 80 years old and I don't blame her a bit for what she did. If they would have been my signs I would have watched her leave with them and said "Well, bless her heart" and went back about my business. Which probably would have been putting up more signs. There would be no need for the police, she's 80 and has earned her right to a few ...em..liberties.

I am also glad that I do not live in England or I guess now Australia where they have stupid laws instead of freedom of speech. Oh well, bless her heart.

Yes.

Why should it be banned?

What if someone else thinks your opinions are "outrageous and offensive"?

Why not just ignore it, rather than getting "outraged" about it?

That's nice. I've heard nothing but great things about Australia, and I can't wait until I have an opportunity to visit.

I'd guess that the argument of Obama and pedophile would fail. Other arguments might prevail regarding fascism. That is the beauty of free speech, one can hammer home their points.

That was outrageous and offensive to me, can we ban people from saying that speech should be banned?

Obama is not just a political candidate, he is also a leader of a state that is at war for it's corporations, just like Hitler was. A state that is plundering and murdering for resources, just like Hitler was. So if you hold Hitler to account for the slavery and murder he committed, what the hell makes Obama so damn special?

Now bear in mind, this is just casualties from his robots, the most egregious and random of his war crimes.
All-Totals-Dash12.jpg

Woman, 80, arrested for removing Obama-Hitler sign - Yahoo! News

Damn violent Obama supporters...:badgrin:

If the shoe fits I don't see why she is so upset over it...Hitler had Enabling Act Obama has NDAA....

The person who put the signs up should be arrested, first for being total dipshits, and then for being dumb fucks.

You Repubs might hate Obama, but that is no reason to compare him to Hitler.

Are you that appalled when Demorats compare Bush to Hitler?

Who determines what is so outrageous and offensive, that it should be banned?

you're not the only one glad that you are in Australia.

Forum List

Back