Woke Terror-Supporters Losing Jobs

They’re getting a lesson that there’s ramifications for one’s actions. Enjoy the unemployment lines. I think watching them trying to backpedal and not stand up for their ‘beliefs’ is most entertaining.

The law firm Davis Polk has rescinded offers to three students at Columbia and Harvard.

Davis Polk, one of the country's most prestigious law firms, recently rescinded employment offers made to three students who the firm believed led organizations at Harvard and Columbia that issued statements blaming Israel for the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas that left more than 1,400 Israelis dead.

NYC doctor fired over pro-Hamas post cheering Israelis getting a ‘taste of their own medicine’​

She should have her medical license revoked. I’m sure that’s being pursued.

This dentist was caught tearing down posters of some of the Jewish children murdered. Good luck with your patients showing up now. The Dentist office has fired him.

Their game.

Their rules.

They are hating it.

The first article is about offers being taken back, not contracts

The second is about a doctor who posted messages rejoicing and celebrating the rape and murder of Israelites

That doctor is also likely to lose their NY medical license and is being investigated for violating her professional rules of responsibly. NY doesn’t allow their doctors to be racist. A NY hospital doesn’t allow people to practice without a license.

Dembot pro-Hamas supporters apparently Mt are offended by that
Those offers are contracts. Companies cannot make more offers than they have available openings, likewise those who accept said offers cannot simply renege without penalty.

As to the doctor, is there evidence they discrimated against Jewish patients or otherwise allowed their opinions to impact their performance? If not, looks like a 1st Amendment issue and abuse of power by the state.

I don't care about Palestinians or Israelis, I do care about the Constitution and rule of law. Too often we see a willingness to abandon our Founding principles to the emotion of the moment. It's like emotionally stunted child are now running things. Pathetic.

Those offers are contracts. Companies cannot make more offers than they have available openings, likewise those who accept said offers cannot simply renege without penalty.

As to the doctor, is there evidence they discrimated against Jewish patients or otherwise allowed their opinions to impact their performance? If not, looks like a 1st Amendment issue and abuse of power by the state.

I don't care about Palestinians or Israelis, I do care about the Constitution and rule of law. Too often we see a willingness to abandon our Founding principles to the emotion of the moment. It's like emotionally stunted child are now running things. Pathetic.
And offer is not a contract, it’s a requirement for a contract, but not a contract

Yes there is evidence of bigotry against Jews, she posted it on her social media

And offer is not a contract, it’s a requirement for a contract, but not a contract

Yes there is evidence of bigotry against Jews, she posted it on her social media
The offer is a legally binding agreement, thus a contract.

That's thought policing on opinions expressed towards foreigners halfway around the world.

The offer is a legally binding agreement, thus a contract.

That's thought policing on opinions expressed towards foreigners halfway around the world.
Haha no a offer isn’t agreement…it’s an offer…there has to be an acceptance to be an agreement

Yes, an employer has no obligation to employee someone, let alone for expressing support for people that rape, and murder

Geez

Haha no a offer isn’t agreement…it’s an offer…there has to be an acceptance to be an agreement

Yes, an employer has no obligation to employee someone, let alone for expressing support for people that rape, and murder

Geez
Moving the goal posts already? The obligation stems from the existing agreements which opens up the potential for civil suits. None of which relates to the state infringing on the rights of citizens due to their opinions on foreign matters.

Moving the goal posts already? The obligation stems from the existing agreements which opens up the potential for civil suits. None of which relates to the state infringing on the rights of citizens due to their opinions on foreign matters.
What existing agreement? The article says they are receding the offer. An offer is not at agreement.

Someone has a right to recede their offer, until it’s accepted. If the offer is accepted then receded, the acceptor might have a case.

I am not moving anything, you are simply still stuck on this mistaken and illogical belief that an offer is an agreement.

Free speech must prevail. People who think criticizing Israel shd result in someone getting fired are enemies of free speech

I cannot believe that I am seeing fellow Trump supporters act like BLM supporters, ie suppressing free speech calling people antisemites, with no evidence to back it up. Calling people antisemites simply for criticizing Israel. It is very annoying behavior,

Supporters of Israel Celebrating the enemies of free speech. But I believe that most Trump supporters standby common sense. It’s only a small portion of them that do this whole “I Stand by Israel” thing.

In Israel Palestine there’s good and bad on both sides ….most know this
What they are doing is being repulsed by the heinous nature of the Hamas attack on 10-7, and the venom of those that support the attackers on that day as somehow justified, and don't want that in their workplace...And you being one of those should remember to keep that trap shut while at work...

Your reasoning contradicts itself. There is no god to believe in. There is no freedom of religion without freedom from religion.
The problem with that argument is that no religious person is trying to force you to accept their religion. Meanwhile YOU are trying to take theirs away.

What existing agreement? The article says they are receding the offer. An offer is not at agreement.

Someone has a right to recede their offer, until it’s accepted. If the offer is accepted then receded, the acceptor might have a case.

I am not moving anything, you are simply still stuck on this mistaken and illogical belief that an offer is an agreement.
They wouldn't publicly recind the offer if it wasn't accepted.

You moved the goalposts on the doctor. The issue between the doctor and employer is a matter of the contracts and clauses, completely irrelevant to the matter of the state taking punitive action for exercising free speech, regardless of if it's repugnant.

You moved the goalposts on the doctor. The issue between the doctor and employer is a matter of the contracts and clauses, completely irrelevant to the matter of the state taking punitive action for exercising free speech, regardless of if it's repugnant.
Why not? Now you are assuming something…

Talk about moving goal post

1697895230526.png

~S~

They’re getting a lesson that there’s ramifications for one’s actions. Enjoy the unemployment lines. I think watching them trying to backpedal and not stand up for their ‘beliefs’ is most entertaining.

The law firm Davis Polk has rescinded offers to three students at Columbia and Harvard.

Davis Polk, one of the country's most prestigious law firms, recently rescinded employment offers made to three students who the firm believed led organizations at Harvard and Columbia that issued statements blaming Israel for the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas that left more than 1,400 Israelis dead.

NYC doctor fired over pro-Hamas post cheering Israelis getting a ‘taste of their own medicine’​

She should have her medical license revoked. I’m sure that’s being pursued.

This dentist was caught tearing down posters of some of the Jewish children murdered. Good luck with your patients showing up now. The Dentist office has fired him.

It's about time we started waking up.

What they are doing is being repulsed by the heinous nature of the Hamas attack on 10-7, and the venom of those that support the attackers on that day as somehow justified, and don't want that in their workplace...And you being one of those should remember to keep that trap shut while at work...
I work for myself brother …. I can’t be fired by the enemies of free speech.

I work for myself brother …. I can’t be fired by the enemies of free speech.
Why do you think an employer firing someone over something they said makes the employer an enemy of free speech?

The employer is not saying the person can’t say or feel what they feel…but why should they be forced to employ them?

What happened to freedom of association? Doesn’t that employer have a right to associate with whom they want?

The courts will sort it out. :)

So you think employers should be allowed to fire people because they support Israeli terrorism?

Interesting.
Why not??

Should they be able to fire people for not getting vaxxed?

Some good points.

But keep in mind that you're arguing with a deranged individual.

No disrespect to deranged individuals of course. :)

Forum List

Back