WNBA - Women's Basketball!

WNBA is like watching H.S. Basketball, only a few players can dunk.

When I was working in D.C I see WNBA schedule for D.C. team. Was 10 days between some games. Is this same now?

Apparently the WNBA has a big Lesbian following? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but is that true?

WNBA is like watching H.S. Basketball, only a few players can dunk.

When I was working in D.C I see WNBA schedule for D.C. team. Was 10 days between some games. Is this same now?

Apparently the WNBA has a big Lesbian following? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but is that true?

Learn the game!
Basketball is much more than dunks. Yeah dunks are cool and can change the momentum of a game but so can an great assist or tough defense or a great offensive scheme that creates mismatches.
I'm a basketball junkie, so I indeed watch the WBNA and yes,,I'm a male lesbian. :party:

Last edited:
Watching women's basketball to me is like watching Pure basketball, more the way it was meant to be played. Dunking is little to nothing to do with basketball in women's sport. Yeah, it is fun to watch but i really enjoy watching the offense and defense and fast break. Pick and roll and posting up and great rebounding and switching from zone to man to man and so forth. There is SOOOOO much to learn about basketball. I used to play in HS and i absolutely LOVE the game and always will and am still learning. I think Rebecca Lobo is a fantastic announcer and does great game analysis. I hope it continues to grow. Basketball is a great game for girls and women.

If Basketball is more than Dunk, they why NBA have Dunk Competition at All-Star game? :confused:

Maybe they can lower hoop to 8 or 9 feet for increase number of Dunks?

Lower hoop. More dunks. TV Ratings go up. Everybody happy!

NFL and MLB mess with rules all the time. Why not WNBA?

Basketball is my favorite sport and I'm not a sexist, but I'd rather watch grass grow than watch the WNBA. There are some things women don't do as well as men. Basketball is one of those things. Sports are only worth watching when you're witnessing a high level of play. Women cannot reach a high enough level of play where I'm the slightest bit interested when it comes to basketball. It's not just dunking. The women aren't athletic and their skill level is much lower than men's. Sorry.

I obviously disagree. I think Women's Basketball is a beautiful sport. I think women play the game differently and as i said i think it is a more "pure" form as it was intended. Much of men's basketball is a lot of run and gun, palming the ball, traveling and slamming into each other. They play in ways that would not have been permitted years ago so i disagree they have achieved a "higher level".
As for men being "better" athletes, yes, men are physically dominant. But, that doesn't mean one can't enjoy the skills of all kinds of athletes. I think the quality of their play is at a very high level. And, i just enjoy watching. I also enjoy watching Boys Little Leagues or Girls softball or other sports. For me, watching it is about love of the game and watching people playing it who also love the game. I have been more enthralled watching a Little League Game where the passions are high and the game is on the line for nothing more than the pride of winning. I will take that ANY day over only Pro games. And, I don't think the WNBA gals are making huge bucks either and those women love to play. If you don't want to watch it don't.

So can you only enjoy something if it is the best of the best? I just love the game.

Forum List

Back