others

College Basketball- 1 B
UFC - 1 B
Pro wrestling- 1.3 B
Golf - 2 B
Pro soccer - 600 Million

Men’s Tennis - 200 Million

WNBA- 190 Million
Opinion or is that for real? You should have posted a link.

I had to search each one separately
Sports is almost as serious as politics. I would be surprised if somebody does not report it.
BTW. I'm more a baseball fan than those other sports, but I actually thought basketball had beaten it out, moneywise.

NFL - 18.6 B

College football- 15.8 B

MLB - 11.6 B

NBA - 10.6 B

NHL- 6 B

others

College Basketball- 1 B
UFC - 1 B
Pro wrestling- 1.3 B
Golf - 2 B
Pro soccer - 600 Million

Men’s Tennis - 190 Million

WNBA- 190 Million
What's your point?

Sports is almost as serious as politics. I would be surprised if somebody does not report it.
BTW. I'm more a baseball fan than those other sports, but I actually thought basketball had beaten it out, moneywise.
I been a big tennis and ufc fan

I even have top 25 list for both I made

NFL - 18.6 B

College football- 15.8 B

MLB - 11.6 B

NBA - 10.6 B

NHL- 6 B

others

College Basketball- 1 B
UFC - 1 B
Pro wrestling- 1.3 B
Golf - 2 B
Pro soccer - 600 Million

WNBA- 190 Million
Can you provide a link to the WNBA number? They’ve never turned a profit. The NBA gives them money every year to keep them afloat.

NFL - 18.6 B

College football- 15.8 B

MLB - 11.6 B

NBA - 10.6 B

NHL- 6 B

others

College Basketball- 1 B
UFC - 1 B
Pro wrestling- 1.3 B
Golf - 2 B
Pro soccer - 600 Million

WNBA- 190 Million
The WNBA actually loses money. It is subsidized by the men’s NBA, otherwise it would be long gone.

The WNBA actually loses money. It is subsidized by the men’s NBA, otherwise it would be long gone.
Which is subsidized from TV revenues and cable TV subscribers. In a few years, the cycle may end, and reality hit sports.

Hey now, you Sexist Bigot! (LOL). If you weren’t sexist and didn’t hate women, you’d be watching the WNBA! WE don’t watch it.. but YOU as a sports fan SHOULD

The sad thing is, that’s pretty much the message the left, third wave radical feminists, and sports media give.

Hey now, you Sexist Bigot! (LOL). If you weren’t sexist and didn’t hate women, you’d be watching the WNBA! WE don’t watch it.. but YOU as a sports fan SHOULD

The sad thing is, that’s pretty much the message the left, third wave radical feminists, and sports media give.
I don’t even watch the regular NBA.

You think that the NBA wont get a new TV deal? Why do you say that?
They will. Subscribers are forced to purchase sport packages as part of bundles. Many people are not into sports and pay for it. The money is a lubricant for leagues. TV has so many options to watch sports. And the thing is a lot of sports the ratings are not that great. Teh NFL seems to be the only one that stays above the fray. ESPN is 8 or 9 dollars a month forced on people. Remove it and it is 25 dollars a month minimum premium channel. There are other sports networks like FOX and regional ones that cost the subscriber. A few decades ago, in Philadelphia they had a station called PRISM. At the time no more than several dollars a month or so at the time. It had newer theatrical movies, the 76ers, the Flyers, the Phillies, Sports talk programs, WWF wrestling and more. Those days are gone. Those sports teams were also on free over the air TV channels also as Prism and they had packages to show so many games.

They will. Subscribers are forced to purchase sport packages as part of bundles. Many people are not into sports and pay for it. The money is a lubricant for leagues. TV has so many options to watch sports. And the thing is a lot of sports the ratings are not that great. Teh NFL seems to be the only one that stays above the fray. ESPN is 8 or 9 dollars a month forced on people. Remove it and it is 25 dollars a month minimum premium channel. There are other sports networks like FOX and regional ones that cost the subscriber. A few decades ago, in Philadelphia they had a station called PRISM. At the time no more than several dollars a month or so at the time. It had newer theatrical movies, the 76ers, the Flyers, the Phillies, Sports talk programs, WWF wrestling and more. Those days are gone. Those sports teams were also on free over the air TV channels also as Prism and they had packages to show so many games.
Soooooooooooo. The NBA will get a new TV deal in 2025 which some are saying triple what they are currently getting and that will lead them to stop subsidizing the WNBA because why?

Soooooooooooo. The NBA will get a new TV deal in 2025 which some are saying triple what they are currently getting and that will lead them to stop subsidizing the WNBA because why?
I have no idea that will happen. All I am saying that subscribers are supporting sports contracts. Eventually it will end. Give me a choice a few days at the beach at a motel or going to a sports game and spending around the same, I am going to the beach. People love sports. Some have not figured out they are overpriced now. There are people who are saying Cable is slowly dying. It is a major way of watching games. Make ESPN and FOX Sports premium channels. Let people who want it pay for it and lower the ills for those who do not. End that subsidizing. That will eventually have an effect on it, and they will cut corners. 25-year-old stadiums are obsolete now. It's a question of how long it can continue.

I have no idea that will happen. All I am saying that subscribers are supporting sports contracts. Eventually it will end. Give me a choice a few days at the beach at a motel or going to a sports game and spending around the same, I am going to the beach. People love sports. Some have not figured out they are overpriced now. There are people who are saying Cable is slowly dying. It is a major way of watching games. Make ESPN and FOX Sports premium channels. Let people who want it pay for it and lower the ills for those who do not. End that subsidizing. That will eventually have an effect on it, and they will cut corners. 25-year-old stadiums are obsolete now. It's a question of how long it can continue.
There’s going to be a new sports streaming service it seems:

I don’t know what impact this will have on the various sports league media contracts

Pro sports don't make their money at the gate. They make it from TV deals. People choosing not to attend a pro football game in person doesnt hurt NFL teams bottom lines. There is always someone willing to fill the seat and in reality the team doesnt care anyway.

Forum List

Back