Witness says driver who hit church bus and killed 13 ADMITTED HE WAS TEXTING

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All electronic toys should be banned from cars and that includes radios. The auto industry has brainwashed the idiot american into thinking highway homicide is cool. Car crashes mean car sales and the industry knows it.

Witness: Driver who hit church bus said he was texting

march 31 2017 Here's what we know about the tragic crash that killed 13 people near Garner State Park.

1. A truck driven by a Jack D. Young, 20, collided with a van carrying a church group on March 29, 2017 on U.S. 83 outside ... more
The driver of the pickup that hit a church bus Wednesday in Uvalde County told the first person who reached him in the wreckage, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I was texting on my phone.”

Jack D. Young, 20, was trapped in his truck. In the bus, 13 people were dying.
Jody Kuchler, 55, a welder from Leakey, had followed Young’s pickup for miles on U.S. 83, exclaiming as he watched it jerk in and out of its lane and trying to warn authorities as his girlfriend recorded the scene on her phone.

Young’s truck had hit the small bus as it rounded a curve, carrying 14 members of the First Baptist Church of New Braunfels home from a retreat in Leakey.
“The guy drifted over across the yellow line,” Kuchler said Friday. “The driver of the bus moved over to try to avoid him, but there was nowhere to go with the guardrail there and the truck hit him head on.”

All electronic toys should be banned from cars and that includes radios. The auto industry has brainwashed the idiot american into thinking highway homicide is cool. Car crashes mean car sales and the industry knows it.

march 31 2017 Here's what we know about the tragic crash that killed 13 people near Garner State Park.

1. A truck driven by a Jack D. Young, 20, collided with a van carrying a church group on March 29, 2017 on U.S. 83 outside ... more
The driver of the pickup that hit a church bus Wednesday in Uvalde County told the first person who reached him in the wreckage, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I was texting on my phone.”

Jody Kuchler, 55, a welder from Leakey, had followed Young’s pickup for miles on U.S. 83, exclaiming as he watched it jerk in and out of its lane and trying to warn authorities as his girlfriend recorded the scene on her phone.

Young’s truck had hit the small bus as it rounded a curve, carrying 14 members of the First Baptist Church of New Braunfels home from a retreat in Leakey.
“The guy drifted over across the yellow line,” Kuchler said Friday. “The driver of the bus moved over to try to avoid him, but there was nowhere to go with the guardrail there and the truck hit him head on.”
including radios?....so i now suppose you are going to say you never have one on while in the car,right?.....

bunny_egg_red_zps0ihfz0qo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

including radios?....so i now suppose you are going to say you never have one on while in the car,right?.....

Yeah that's insane. Heluva lotta drivers stay awake using the radio, and a heluva lot more use it to relax so they're not road raging. Apparently the OP wants even more accidents.

Plus, you don't watch the radio. I've seen idiots on the road watching TV. In the front.

I have been there, A texter ran over my dog, and then they pretend it was my fault. I don't own a gun, but I think it should be legal to harm smug ass texters-and drivers

I know you'll open a can of hate on me for saying this, but texting or no texting, your dog shouldn't be loose to get in the road. That IS on you. If my dog was run down in the road because I didn't keep her on leash and off the roadway, I'd blame myself and feel sorry for the driver.

That said, I believe smartphones should be made smart enough to auto-disable while in a moving vehicle. If they can't make technology good enough to discern whether the operator is a driver or passenger, then passengers will have to suffer without their phones. Bring back the old GPS gizmos, that's one function of smartphones that is necessary and useful in a vehicle.

Texting and even talking on the cell phone creates impairment equal to or greater than intoxication - numerous NHTSA studies have borne that out. We need to do something about the idiots who use their phones while driving or the carnage will continue.

I know you'll open a can of hate on me for saying this, but texting or no texting, your dog shouldn't be loose to get in the road. That IS on you. If my dog was run down in the road because I didn't keep her on leash and off the roadway, I'd blame myself and feel sorry for the driver.

That said, I believe smartphones should be made smart enough to auto-disable while in a moving vehicle. If they can't make technology good enough to discern whether the operator is a driver or passenger, then passengers will have to suffer without their phones. Bring back the old GPS gizmos, that's one function of smartphones that is necessary and useful in a vehicle.

Texting and even talking on the cell phone creates impairment equal to or greater than intoxication - numerous NHTSA studies have borne that out. We need to do something about the idiots who use their phones while driving or the carnage will continue.
WELL, My Dixie girl was run over by a idiot in a car, THE ASSHOLE never stopped Goddamn him! i wish I could run over HIM instead.

I can't speak for any other state, but my state has a state wide leash law that simply states "No dog shall run free on any public land nor any unenclosed land of another."

That means not only can your dog not be off-leash when you walk it, it can't be off leash in your own yard if you don't have a fence to keep it in. So by all means, if I hit someone's dog in the road, not only is it their fault, I'll go after them for money to repair my car. And boy they better look out if I hit that dog on my motorcycle....I'll own their house....

I have been there, A texter ran over my dog, and then they pretend it was my fault. I don't own a gun, but I think it should be legal to harm smug ass texters-and drivers

It was your fault. The car has a right to be in the road, your dog doesn't. You could have been sued for any damage your dog did to their car, and if they swerve to avoid hitting your dog and wreck their car, you could be sued for that as well. Be glad the guy wasn't an asshole out for money or you'd have been fucked.

Last edited:

Yeah that's insane. Heluva lotta drivers stay awake using the radio, and a heluva lot more use it to relax so they're not road raging. Apparently the OP wants even more accidents.

Plus, you don't watch the radio. I've seen idiots on the road watching TV. In the front.
to be fair Pogo,speedos is kind of an idiot....just sayin.....

I can't speak for any other state, but my state has a state wide leash law that simply states "No dog shall run free on any public land nor any unenclosed land of another."

That means not only can your dog not be off-leash when you walk it, it can't be off leash in your own yard if you don't have a fence to keep it in. So by all means, if I hit someone's dog in the road, not only is it their fault, I'll go after them for money to repair my car. And boy they better look out if I hit that dog on my motorcycle....I'll own their house....

It was your fault. The car has a right to be in the road, your dog doesn't. You could have been sued for any damage your dog did to their car, and if they swerve to avoid hitting your dog and wreck their car, you could be sued for that as well. Be glad the guy wasn't an asshole out for money or you'd have been fucked.

Oh bullshit. Cars do not own the earth. Period. Take some fucking responsibility. You know better.

If you drive into a tree because you can't be bothered to pay attention to what you're doing, is that the tree's fault?? Moron.

Oh bullshit. Cars do not own the earth. Period. Take some fucking responsibility. You know better.

If you drive into a tree because you can't be bothered to pay attention to what you're doing, is that the tree's fault?? Moron.

Not a good comparison. No tree will be in the middle of a road. A dog can run into the road. Cars don't rule the Earth, they do rule the road. The road exists for cars, not dogs. I need not accept any responsibility driving a car where I'm legally allowed to drive and I hit a dog that is illegally in the road. A dog has no right to the street. If I hit your dog in the street and it damages my car, believe me, I'm coming after you and I will win. I know this because my uncle did it with a dog about a half mile from my house. Big ass dog busted his bumper, the dog walked away with about 500 in vet bills. Car got about 800 dollars in damages. Dog was in the street, automatic loss for the defendant. Car repairs plus court costs. And he had to pay to fix his own dog. He could have been texting, or anything else. Doesn't make YOUR dog illegally out in the road is not HIS fault.

Last edited:
If text driving was punished by automatic loss of license for 5 years, this problem would end overnight.

Not a good comparison. No tree will be in the middle of a road. A dog can run into the road. Cars don't rule the Earth, they do rule the road. The road exists for cars, not dogs. I need not accept any responsibility driving a car where I'm legally allowed to drive and I hit a dog that is illegally in the road. A dog has no right to the street. If I hit your dog in the street and it damages my car, believe me, I'm coming after you and I will win. I know this because my uncle did it with a dog about a half mile from my house. Big ass dog busted his bumper, the dog walked away with about 500 in vet bills. Car got about 800 dollars in damages. Dog was in the street, automatic loss for the defendant. Car repairs plus court costs. And he had to pay to fix his own dog. He could have been texting, or anything else. Doesn't make YOUR dog illegally out in the road is not HIS fault.

Translation:
"I hide behind lawsuits because I'm too much of a wimp to take responsibility for my own actions".

Poster please. :eusa_hand:

Translation:
"I hide behind lawsuits because I'm too much of a wimp to take responsibility for my own actions".

Poster please. :eusa_hand:

Translation: I won't take responsibility for my own dog so I'll try to play the guilt card on the person who hits it.

Let me ask you this, how much money should I have to shuck out to repair my car hitting an animal that was owned by you that had no right to be in the road? The answer: 0. I have a right to drive my car on our nations roads and interstates without worry of hitting a domesticated animal. Keep your animal contained like the law says you have to and everything will be fine.

Last edited:

You're the same guy who claimed on another thread that in your home state of Louisiana you could kill a man to prevent him from breaking into your unoccupied vehicle. Even after I quoted the law in your state to prove you wrong you refused to accept it and went on a binge of childish insults. Fortunately no one believed the crap you wee spouting.

Once again you are wrong. According to you, the laws of your state say, “"No dog shall run free on any public land nor any unenclosed land of another." So far, you are right. The Maryland Statutes do use those word; however you erroneously took these words to mean, “That means not only can your dog not be off-leash when you walk it, it can't be off leash in your own yard if you don't have a fence to keep it in.” You have a very serous problem with reading comprehension. The law you quoted addresses dogs on public land (not the land owned by the dog owner) and the unenclosed land of another (not the land of the dog owner). The law you quoted is completely silent regarding the rights of the dog's owneer to keep his dog on his own private preoprty.

Actually, the laws of your state do not prohibit a person from having an unleashed dog on his own unenclosed property UNLESS the dog is considered a dangerous dog. If the dog is deemed to be dangerous, the animal must be confined in a locked pen or other structure. Look it up. Here's the link:

MD - Bite - Maryland Dangerous Dog Laws | Animal Legal & Historical Center

You do not know the law and even when you read a law that is clear on its face you still can't understand it. Your user name suggest you are an aircraft mechanic. I don't know what system(s) you work on but being able to work on planes is a skill. My advice is to stick to the things you know and leave the interpretation of laws to others who are more competent in that area.

If text driving was punished by automatic loss of license for 5 years, this problem would end overnight.
I don't know about that because you know that there are people out there who don't let losing their license stop them from driving. Now if their cars were to be confiscated, then it would be a different and more effective story.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Yeah those who lose their cars in such a way might go on to rent or even steal one if they need it badly enough, but doing so would only dig their hole deeper of course.

You're the same guy who claimed on another thread that in your home state of Louisiana you could kill a man to prevent him from breaking into your unoccupied vehicle. Even after I quoted the law in your state to prove you wrong you refused to accept it and went on a binge of childish insults. Fortunately no one believed the crap you wee spouting.

Once again you are wrong. According to you, the laws of your state say, “"No dog shall run free on any public land nor any unenclosed land of another." So far, you are right. The Maryland Statutes do use those word; however you erroneously took these words to mean, “That means not only can your dog not be off-leash when you walk it, it can't be off leash in your own yard if you don't have a fence to keep it in.” You have a very serous problem with reading comprehension. The law you quoted addresses dogs on public land (not the land owned by the dog owner) and the unenclosed land of another (not the land of the dog owner). The law you quoted is completely silent regarding the rights of the dog's owneer to keep his dog on his own private preoprty.

Sorry, but you're wrong, but not your fault. I was right, but not because of what I posted. The Louisiana leash law states:

2771. Dogs not to run at large. Summary: This Louisiana law states that no person shall permit any dog in his or her possession to run at large on any unenclosed land, or trespass upon any enclosed or unenclosed lands of another.

So that means any unenclosed land, even that of the dog owners. That would be because you can't stop a dog on unenclosed land from trespassing on other property or running out in the street. Fences make good neighbors, and even better dogs.

So the rest of your personal insult rant can be ignored. I won't personally attack you because I quoted the law incorrectly. But I was right, however, for the wrong reason.

LA - Leash - Chapter 18. Animals Running at Large | Animal Legal & Historical Center

And in the other thread, you were proven wrong on numerous occasions, even other posters asked you to just leave because you were proven wrong. The poster even told you Louisiana plays by a totally different set of rules, based on Napoleonic code. You were shown the the stand your ground laws combined with the castle doctrine makes shooting to defend your car legal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back