Sessions Moves to Swiftly Deport Convicted Illegal Felons

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
The Department of Justice announced Thursday the expansion of a program designed to deport imprisoned immigrants.

The Institutional Hearing Program (IHP) uses in-person and video-conference hearings in order for judges to determine whether an immigrant, regardless of legal status, should be deported after they serve their sentence. Bureau of Prison statistics show that a little over 20 percent of federal inmates are non-citizens.

“We owe it to the American people to ensure that illegal aliens who have been convicted of crimes and are serving time in our federal prisons are expeditiously removed from our country as the law requires,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement.

Sessions Moves To Quickly Deport Imprisoned Immigrants

The Department of Justice announced Thursday the expansion of a program designed to deport imprisoned immigrants.

The Institutional Hearing Program (IHP) uses in-person and video-conference hearings in order for judges to determine whether an immigrant, regardless of legal status, should be deported after they serve their sentence. Bureau of Prison statistics show that a little over 20 percent of federal inmates are non-citizens.

“We owe it to the American people to ensure that illegal aliens who have been convicted of crimes and are serving time in our federal prisons are expeditiously removed from our country as the law requires,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement.

good

I'm confused. Are we talking immigrants who may be legal and even U.S. citizens or just simply illegal aliens?

The article's part about, "immigrant; regardless of legal standing" implies to me more than Jeff Session's quote limiting it to "illegal aliens".

Last edited:
I'm confused. Are we talking immigrants who may be legal and even U.S. citizens or just simply illegal aliens?
Good grief! You guys demand a link, and when I give you one, you won't even read the short article!

Good grief! You guys demand a link, and when I give you one, you won't even read the short article!

Don't take it personally, I went to the link. It is the article itself that I have trouble with. I see a conflict between "immigrant, regardless of legal standing" and the more easier to comprehend "illegal alien".

Night court

weekends

Forum List

Back