With The Shooting In Arlington VA, IS It Time to Shun the Partisan Hate?

What needs to happen is, we need more than two parties running this country. Republicans and democrats have created this climate of us vs them. If there were other parties in power, there would be less of this tribalism.

We especially need more independents in senate and congress.

Refusing to put the blame where it really belongs, ie the lefties, is avoiding really dealing with the issue.

The blame is with both parties. Republicans and democrats both tend to be out for their own. I despise both parties. Very few senators and congressmen actually put country before party. Most republicans and democrats put their party first before the people and country they were elected to serve.

The fact you cannot see that, shows you are just as partisan as democrats.

How would you like to support that claim?

Perhaps, show that conservatives are just as likely to riot against lefty speakers as lefties are against conservatives,

Or that conservative politicians are just as likely to tacitly cooperate with brown shirt mobs, like the lefties are,

For example.

Republicans decided to not politicize themselves being targeted for assassiniation. The lukewarm compliments from MSNBC were worth it

I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

I shun Rush as much as I shun Chucky Schumer.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner: Scalise Shooting Is a 'Wake-Up Call for Bipartisanship'

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​

What an idiot

Well, you and my wife would have something you agree about, lol.

Thats funny :) And untrue I'm sure.

Not if the GOP gives a tax cut to the elites at the expense of the poor. See your map, this is not the Republicans country. Clinton won the maj vote and DT skated by the skin of his teeth, remember that
What "majority vote"? There is no such thing. Trump wond the majority of Electoral Votes. This other "count" doesn't exist on any federal web site.

The EC is not fair today, it was created at a time when most could not read or travel. Obsolete. Just remember all those who did not vote , are probably Democrats and Clinton won the maj vote which means she got more votes from the people.

That is a lie. The people who could vote were literate. It was a requirement.

Pence was greeted like this as he returned to Indiana earlier today. looks like partisanship will continue.

DCePWo1XsAEEx_a.jpg

The problem we’re now facing is no one on the left has the courage, or very few, or the fortitude to speak out and stop the hatred. And that’s because Democrats use this kind of vile rhetoric every single election.

Every election, Republicans are what — they are racist, they’re sexist, they’re misogynistic

Let’s see, they want dirty air and water. They want to throw granny off the cliff. And that’s just part of their political playbook — Islamophobic, xenophobic, homophobic — it never ends. The left objectifies Republicans, especially conservatives into something we are not. And they know the truth, but yet they contribute to this atmosphere where Republicans, we’re not even human. If you are conservative like me, God-awful.

You can start with yours

I really don't like seeing infrastructure, science and education being cut....But the first step is to reject Trumps violent talk.
View attachment 133099
If you don't like it, quit posting it.

i think the point was that it is not Trump who is responsible for the current tone of political discourse.
That damned pic is being posted solely by conservatives. That and the Shakespeare in the Park ones. No libs are glorying in it and spreading them about. So who is fueling that discourse NOW?

The problem is they want unilateral disarmament. And my problem with your statement jimbowie, though I should have been more respectful , is that it is an example of the logical fallacy argumentum as temperantiam argument to moderation.
There is a problem of civility but it's wrong to understand it as a problem of communication or of mutual respect or understanding or whatever.
It's worth considering that we face an evil and there is no compromising with it.
The middle ground between a lie and the truth is not less a lie and certainly not truth.

You can start with yours

I really don't like seeing infrastructure, science and education being cut....But the first step is to reject Trumps violent talk.
View attachment 133099
If you don't like it, quit posting it.

i think the point was that it is not Trump who is responsible for the current tone of political discourse.
That damned pic is being posted solely by conservatives. That and the Shakespeare in the Park ones. No libs are glorying in it and spreading them about. So who is fueling that discourse NOW?

The picture is not being posted as a cause of the current tone of the political discourse, but as a demonstration of which side is at fault.

Kathy Griffin, shares YOUR lefty world view. IN her world, Trump is a monster, even a "Hitler". and making a picture of a decapitated MONSTER seemed completely acceptable to her, and her crew.

YOu lefties have been pushing the narrative that the GOP is the party of hate and racism and stealing elections and blah, blah, blah, for decades now.

This escalated with Trump to the point that you've decided that the half of the country that doesn't agree with you are deplorable.

I've been posting this a lot, as it really speaks to where your lefty mind is.

Watch it and note how the room of dems responds to the speakers comment. That is the most telling.

Last YEAR, Rightwinger started a thread about how demographic shift would lead to a the end of the republican party.

I pointed out that increasing the power of the Left, would lead to ever increasing racial and political strife.

Even though you guys lost this time around, we see that the only response you know it to gin up the demonizing MORE.

And more and more it is leading to violence.

DO you want that trend to continue for generations? What do you think 2050 will be like?

If they have there way? 2050 will look like Nairobi or Angkor or Baghdad. It's a stated goal.
This is a fight for existence.

Is there anyone who wants to claim conservatives didn't try the civility thing w/ left for like decades? It does not work, empirical fact.

Civility is their request for you to roll over on your back and show your belly.

"The militant left here has been outrageous. It’s not conservatives that are going out there burning cars and turning them upside down in universities just because someone is speaking. It’s not the conservatives that are saying “pigs in a blanket” and advocating for the killing of police officers. It’s not the conservatives that are shooting people in the baseball field. This militant left is out of control and I think that the so-called moderates should stand up and eschew this and really call them out in a flagrant way." - Trent Franks, one of the folks on Hodkinson's list

I hope the intolerant, sissified Left paid attention to what SCOTUS said today:

There is no hate speech exception to the First Amendment.

Forum List

Back