With The Shooting In Arlington VA, IS It Time to Shun the Partisan Hate?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

I shun Rush as much as I shun Chucky Schumer.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner: Scalise Shooting Is a 'Wake-Up Call for Bipartisanship'

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​

It's time to arm yourself. There no middle ground with these "people".

Not if the GOP gives a tax cut to the elites at the expense of the poor. See your map, this is not the Republicans country. Clinton won the maj vote and DT skated by the skin of his teeth, remember that.

I ask that rhetorically, because I know the ideologues hate each other with such a passion that they can never let go.

But why cant the rest of us shun the partisan hate mongers and push for unity in the public arena? I shun Black Lies Matter as much as I shun any Tea Party people that call for violence.

Let us all shun those who call for violence or who voice approval of violence by one of their own.

Gillian Turner said on "Outnumbered" that the attack on congressional Republicans' baseball practice is a "wake-up call" for Washington, D.C. to return to bipartisanship.

The shooting, reportedly by a man who supported Bernie Sanders, wounded House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, a congressional aide and two police officers.

"It's now incumbent upon the governing class in Washington to do their best to, if not end the gridlock, then at least end the hellacious, completely critical rhetoric that has just done nothing but divide our nation over the last election cycle," said Turner, a Fox News contributor and former White House National Security Council member under Presidents Bush and Obama.

She called on members of Congress and the executive branch to end the "heated" daily rhetoric.

"It puts a fine point on the problem at hand. It's a wake-up call for bipartisanship," she said.

Melissa Francis echoed the call for politicians to "turn the temperature down" in Washington.

Earlier on the show, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said the shooting is part of a pattern of "an increasing intensity of hostility on the left."

He said that the violent feelings of people who disagree with conservatives have been building since election night.

Abby Huntsman and Gingrich said the president struck the right tone of unity in his message from the White House on the shooting.​
It's beyond time, Jim, but you and I both know it's not going to happen.

Just look at the posts on this board today.

In 1860 a Republican won the election and within a year Democrats were shooting Americans about it. History is simply repeating itself.

A fine idea, but how can you make it work? You have no media at all to help. You won't get FOX and you certainly aren't going to get CNN or MSNBC, and you are unlikely to get any of the other networks either. You won't get Rush, you won't get NPR, you might get Glenn Beck but it would only be you and him, and none of the networks will listen to him.

It's a noble effort, I wish you luck.

Democrats equate asking Obama to produce a birth certificate and school records (like everyone else) with attempting to kill Republican Congressmen.

You can start with yours

I really don't like seeing infrastructure, science and education being cut....But the first step is to reject Trumps violent talk.
IMG_6526.JPG

Forum List

Back