Wis. governor says union bill is 'incredibly fair'

Walker was on one of the shows over the weekend.

He says he's holding firm.

I hope he does.

I also hope the rest of the nation takes a good look at whats going on in WI. States like NY, Cali, NJ and others who are going broke paying for sweetheart deals given to public worker unions. The Gov's should all follow suite.

The people of WI voted this Gov in knowing what his agenda was going to be.
The union members come off looking like a bunch of self serving idiots IMO.

They are a bunch of "self serving idiots." For every ONE DOLLAR a union member puts into his triple gold plated benefits package, the state of Wisconsin puts in FIFTY SEVEN! Show me ANYWHERE ELSE you can find such a CREAMY, CADILLAC deal other than other government, union workers. There is none, and it has to stop, and the unions need to be shut down.

While I do not agree with teachers out of the classrooms, I think Walker has overreached with this bill. Rather than sit down and negotiate with the unions, he is attempting to bust them.

Have you ever been in a negotiation with a union? My bet is no. I've heard from several people whom I personally know that have, and the one thing they all point out is, there is no "negotiating" with a union. You either cave to their demands, or they strike.

The unions here in Wisconsin as in other states have milked whatever it has attached itself to death. Now the tit they've been milking has gone dry, and they did it to themselves. Now it's time for unions to simply go bye-bye. They've outlived their usefulness to the point of being nothing more than destructive.

Better yet? Ever worked with them on any project?

Seeing George Walker Bush at the Super Bowl, all I could think of was the quote from “The Usual Suspects”; “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” Just like George W. Bush who never existed, Republicanism takes no blame for the state of our national affairs.
Republicans, not progressives or workers were in charge when these unwise, disastrous tax policies were thought of and implemented. Republicans were in charge when we quit hunting Osama Bin Laden and chased the snipe in Iraq. Republicans were the masters of our fate when the investigation into 9/11 stuttered then stopped. Republicans were in the lead when the Federal and state governments went from surplus to huge deficits. Republicanism rode the economy into the tank. Isn’t it amazing that few have found them to be blamed?
Just like the devil in “The Usual Suspects” story the best trick they ever did was pulling the cloth over America’s head and getting away stock free. We should all realize the harm that Republicanism has done to every fabric of our great nation. From politicizing the Chamber of Commerce, to charging strippers at an S & M club, from budget disaster to war failures, from attacking freedom to harmful anti-worker efforts, Republican’s accept no blame. Even now, when all the facts show them being so wrong, they act with the self-righteous vigor of people that were right.
The Republican party’s power base was in charge for six years of this decade, how did they become innocents? How can the conservatives incredibly destructive policies not be as disliked as Democrats and progressive causes? When is the cynical blaming of your own government, leadership? Just like George W. Bush who never existed, Republican’s across the nation hope to remain blameless.

I have a friend who does contract system administration work. He interviewed for an assignment at large Social Security center that did some type of processing. One of the questions he was asked:

"How do you feel about being in an office where the full time employees sit around playing computer games all day while you are having to get work done?"

That pretty much sums up Public Employee Unions for me.

Seeing George Walker Bush at the Super Bowl, all I could think of was the quote from “The Usual Suspects”; “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.” Just like George W. Bush who never existed, Republicanism takes no blame for the state of our national affairs.
Republicans, not progressives or workers were in charge when these unwise, disastrous tax policies were thought of and implemented. Republicans were in charge when we quit hunting Osama Bin Laden and chased the snipe in Iraq. Republicans were the masters of our fate when the investigation into 9/11 stuttered then stopped. Republicans were in the lead when the Federal and state governments went from surplus to huge deficits. Republicanism rode the economy into the tank. Isn’t it amazing that few have found them to be blamed?
Just like the devil in “The Usual Suspects” story the best trick they ever did was pulling the cloth over America’s head and getting away stock free. We should all realize the harm that Republicanism has done to every fabric of our great nation. From politicizing the Chamber of Commerce, to charging strippers at an S & M club, from budget disaster to war failures, from attacking freedom to harmful anti-worker efforts, Republican’s accept no blame. Even now, when all the facts show them being so wrong, they act with the self-righteous vigor of people that were right.
The Republican party’s power base was in charge for six years of this decade, how did they become innocents? How can the conservatives incredibly destructive policies not be as disliked as Democrats and progressive causes? When is the cynical blaming of your own government, leadership? Just like George W. Bush who never existed, Republican’s across the nation hope to remain blameless.

Dude.

You're new here. You won't find any conservatives on this board defend the massive spending increases during the Bush years. This thread is about the WI bill to deal with public employee unions - Bush didn't start those.

"I don't want to see thousands upon thousands of people laid off at the state and local level. What we are proposing is a much better alternative," Walker added.

Wis. governor says union bill is 'incredibly fair' - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

I think this "drama" has gone on long enough. Since the Demcrats are being childish about this deal and "hiding out", why not simply let the bill die, and allow the layoffs to begin? Walker would win with the Tea Baggers who put him in office. The people of WI would win because they won't have to worry about any sort of a tax increase to pay for the budget shortfall. Walker was elected to lead, so LEAD already!

Im a teabagger, and I support walker. Let the unions rott. If you do not have actual work experience in the real world, shut the F up, if you do, then tell us what experience you have, and no, college don't count.

"I don't want to see thousands upon thousands of people laid off at the state and local level. What we are proposing is a much better alternative," Walker added.

Wis. governor says union bill is 'incredibly fair' - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

I think this "drama" has gone on long enough. Since the Demcrats are being childish about this deal and "hiding out", why not simply let the bill die, and allow the layoffs to begin? Walker would win with the Tea Baggers who put him in office. The people of WI would win because they won't have to worry about any sort of a tax increase to pay for the budget shortfall. Walker was elected to lead, so LEAD already!

Im a teabagger, and I support walker. Let the unions rott. If you do not have actual work experience in the real world, shut the F up, if you do, then tell us what experience you have, and no, college don't count.

The fact that you are a teabagger helps to explain your rambling, but I am sure you were trying to make a point or at the very least ask a question. Now, what was it?

I suspect you are anti-Tea Party. Virtually nobody in the Tea Party movement use the word you did to describe himself.

Walker would rather not have city, county, and the state have to cut services just to fund excessive pay and benefits, that's why.

Support for him is growing across the country - I hope he stays true to his convictions. Public Employees should not be exempt from economic reality. We've already burdened future generations with nearly a trillion of long term debt just to bail out public employee union jobs for the past two years. Enough. The con game is over.

I haven't spoken with a single person here in Wisconsin that wasn't in FULL SUPPORT of Governor Walker. If it weren't for the DNC busing people in and making such a massive deal out of this, it would all be over already.

Hey, thanks for the on-location report, no joke. Busing people in is what democrats do when they get desperate. Good. It never works - people see right through it and always will. The majority isn't stupid. Liberal Democrats are now so extreme they're becoming a cancer on America. Time for some political chemotherapy. November was only the beginning. Charge!

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
While I do not agree with teachers out of the classrooms, I think Walker has overreached with this bill. Rather than sit down and negotiate with the unions, he is attempting to bust them.

Have you ever been in a negotiation with a union? My bet is no. I've heard from several people whom I personally know that have, and the one thing they all point out is, there is no "negotiating" with a union. You either cave to their demands, or they strike.

The unions here in Wisconsin as in other states have milked whatever it has attached itself to death. Now the tit they've been milking has gone dry, and they did it to themselves. Now it's time for unions to simply go bye-bye. They've outlived their usefulness to the point of being nothing more than destructive.

You're full of shit. I've negotiated with unions on a number of issues, not wages and benefits, but on policy matters (use of sick leave, working conditions, dress codes, etc) and never faced a business agent who used brinkmanship as a negotiating tactic. As I said, you're full of shit.

Why doesn't Walker simply negotiate with the workers? If you are going to take away their right to collectively bargain, let him offer up something to the workers that will ensure their rights will be protected?

He can't do it because he does not want to see their rights protected

You're full of shit. I've negotiated with unions on a number of issues, not wages and benefits, but on policy matters (use of sick leave, working conditions, dress codes, etc) and never faced a business agent who used brinkmanship as a negotiating tactic. As I said, you're full of shit.

I can only assume you are in a right to work state?

Why doesn't Walker simply negotiate with the workers? If you are going to take away their right to collectively bargain, let him offer up something to the workers that will ensure their rights will be protected?

He can't do it because he does not want to see their rights protected

No, he is trying to cut costs. What rights is he not protecting? The right to an above average pay check?

What the Gov. of WI should do is take a page from the strategy of Gov. Brown of CA. Instead of scapegoating government employees, Gov. Brown stated everyone would feel the pain, he froze hiring for all but safety, cut his personal staff to the bare-bone and reduced the staff throughout the exectutive offices; made cuts in most government services and convinced the legislature to put tax increases on the ballot for June.
He also rents an apt. near his Capital offices, and on a recent trip to SoCal flew Southwest Airlines.

Last edited:

Way to try and hide yourself as a conservative, but you gave yourself away when you said teabagger you moron. You see, the difference between your party and mine is we have principle, unlike the bought and paid for democrat party. That is why walker wont give in, he has principle. I support him for this. You libtards keep faking the funk, America sees what you are up to. You're looking at a dismal 2012.

• Thanks
Sounds nice but did he try to take anything away fromt eh public sector unions???

Walker would rather not have city, county, and the state have to cut services just to fund excessive pay and benefits, that's why.

Support for him is growing across the country - I hope he stays true to his convictions. Public Employees should not be exempt from economic reality. We've already burdened future generations with nearly a trillion of long term debt just to bail out public employee union jobs for the past two years. Enough. The con game is over.

So what are the actions the Governor can take? Start the flood of pink slips? Tax more of the private sector to avoid the pink slips? Ask that these people contribute more to avoid the pink slips? Or declare bankruptcy...?

I just heard one of the PRO union guys interview on Fox.. can you guess what his solutions are? He has two? Go ahead,, tell me what he said. Anyone who understands libruls will know the answer without even thinking.. go.

Well, one of the solutions has to be TAX THE RICH!

You are full of shit. It's always about the money - and if you didn't negotiate wages and benefits, you weren't dealing with the Real Issue.

• Thanks
What the Gov. of WI should do is take a page from the strategy of Gov. Brown of CA. Instead of scapegoating government employees, Gov. Brown stated everyone would feel the pain, he froze hiring for all but safety, cut his personal staff to the bare-bone and reduced the staff throughout the exectutive offices; made cuts in most government services and convinced the legislature to put tax increases on the ballot for June.
He also rents an apt. near his Capital offices, and on a recent trip to SoCal flew Southwest Airlines.

Gov. Moonbeam is just rearranging the deck chairs. What he has done has not even made a meaningful dent in the deficit.

You idiot. You used the t-word and now are trashing others for using it?

Grow up.

Forum List

Back