Wis. governor says union bill is 'incredibly fair'

Can someone explain to me why it's ok for the taxpayers to foot the entire bill for the unions but now, since the state(s) are/are going broke it isn't ok for the unions to start contributing? I seriously don't get the 'entitlement' mentality. Why do the unions see it as 'unfair' for them to contribute?

What the Gov. of WI should do is take a page from the strategy of Gov. Brown of CA. Instead of scapegoating government employees, Gov. Brown stated everyone would feel the pain, he froze hiring for all but safety, cut his personal staff to the bare-bone and reduced the staff throughout the exectutive offices; made cuts in most government services and convinced the legislature to put tax increases on the ballot for June.
He also rents an apt. near his Capital offices, and on a recent trip to SoCal flew Southwest Airlines.

Gov. Moonbeam is just rearranging the deck chairs. What he has done has not even made a meaningful dent in the deficit.

Your so right.

Wasn't Moonbeam the Gov. who made a lot of the sweetheart deals with the public sector unions when he was in office last??

I doubt he will seriously try to take anything from the unions either in pay or benefits. The taxpayers in Cali will be forever in his debt I'm sure. Jeeze.

While I do not agree with teachers out of the classrooms, I think Walker has overreached with this bill. Rather than sit down and negotiate with the unions, he is attempting to bust them.

Have you ever been in a negotiation with a union? My bet is no. I've heard from several people whom I personally know that have, and the one thing they all point out is, there is no "negotiating" with a union. You either cave to their demands, or they strike.

The unions here in Wisconsin as in other states have milked whatever it has attached itself to death. Now the tit they've been milking has gone dry, and they did it to themselves. Now it's time for unions to simply go bye-bye. They've outlived their usefulness to the point of being nothing more than destructive.

You're full of shit. I've negotiated with unions on a number of issues, not wages and benefits, but on policy matters (use of sick leave, working conditions, dress codes, etc) and never faced a business agent who used brinkmanship as a negotiating tactic. As I said, you're full of shit.

You are as big of a liar as you are a fucking prick. Well dumbass, NO, I'M NOT FULL SHIT! I have two friends that are BOTH in unions, and BOTH sit in on NEGOTIATIONS. One was over here drinking beer TWO NIGHTS AGO, and he told me EXACTLY what I just said. I used to work with these people at a prison, and was FORCED to be in their STUPID UNION.

Last edited:
Have you ever been in a negotiation with a union? My bet is no. I've heard from several people whom I personally know that have, and the one thing they all point out is, there is no "negotiating" with a union. You either cave to their demands, or they strike.

The unions here in Wisconsin as in other states have milked whatever it has attached itself to death. Now the tit they've been milking has gone dry, and they did it to themselves. Now it's time for unions to simply go bye-bye. They've outlived their usefulness to the point of being nothing more than destructive.

You're full of shit. I've negotiated with unions on a number of issues, not wages and benefits, but on policy matters (use of sick leave, working conditions, dress codes, etc) and never faced a business agent who used brinkmanship as a negotiating tactic. As I said, you're full of shit.

I can only assume you are in a right to work state?

Nope. On the local level (county) we are a closed shop. Everyone must pay dues, though those who choose can make a donation to a non-profit instead of making a dues payment to the union. Those who chose this option still receive all union benefits.
I could have negotiated for the county with the union on wages and benefits; but, those negotiations take months and no one would have done my 'real' job if I had done so. As a Sr. Manager I met and confired for my agency on matters of policy and discipline with union business agents. The MOU (memorandum of understanding) was the bible, and guided the procedure.
Stikes hurt everyone; reasonable people find ways to achieve win-win solutions.

"I don't want to see thousands upon thousands of people laid off at the state and local level. What we are proposing is a much better alternative," Walker added.

Wis. governor says union bill is 'incredibly fair' - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

I think this "drama" has gone on long enough. Since the Demcrats are being childish about this deal and "hiding out", why not simply let the bill die, and allow the layoffs to begin? Walker would win with the Tea Baggers who put him in office. The people of WI would win because they won't have to worry about any sort of a tax increase to pay for the budget shortfall. Walker was elected to lead, so LEAD already!

Way to try and hide yourself as a conservative, but you gave yourself away when you said teabagger you moron. You see, the difference between your party and mine is we have principle, unlike the bought and paid for democrat party. That is why walker wont give in, he has principle. I support him for this. You libtards keep faking the funk, America sees what you are up to. You're looking at a dismal 2012.

I see you are new here. If you hang around long enough (hopefully not), you will learn that I despise labels, unlike yourself. You will also learn that even with most of the other "conservatives" on here, simply spouting Limbaugh/Beck/Hannity BS is not going to cut it. So for now, I recomend you watch and learn, oh and STFU until you know what it is you are talking about.

Wis. governor says union bill is 'incredibly fair' - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

I think this "drama" has gone on long enough. Since the Demcrats are being childish about this deal and "hiding out", why not simply let the bill die, and allow the layoffs to begin? Walker would win with the Tea Baggers who put him in office. The people of WI would win because they won't have to worry about any sort of a tax increase to pay for the budget shortfall. Walker was elected to lead, so LEAD already!

Im a teabagger, and I support walker. Let the unions rott. If you do not have actual work experience in the real world, shut the F up, if you do, then tell us what experience you have, and no, college don't count.

You idiot. You used the t-word and now are trashing others for using it?

Grow up.

That's because you called him out on it. He's new. Probably too young to be on these boards. What do you expect?

While I do not agree with teachers out of the classrooms, I think Walker has overreached with this bill. Rather than sit down and negotiate with the unions, he is attempting to bust them.

that they can re-certify every year...how is that busting them?

Can someone explain to me why it's ok for the taxpayers to foot the entire bill for the unions but now, since the state(s) are/are going broke it isn't ok for the unions to start contributing? I seriously don't get the 'entitlement' mentality. Why do the unions see it as 'unfair' for them to contribute?

It's because they have an Entitlement Mentality.

"Sacrifice for thee, but not for me" is the attitude of public employee unions.

You are as big of a liar as you are fucking prick. Once again the name calling starts without provocation. Well dumbass, NO, I'M NOT FULL SHIT! I have TWO friends, BOTH in unions, and BOTH sit in on NEGOTIATIONS. One was over here drinking beer TWO NIGHTS AGO, and he told me EXACTLY what I just said. So go suck camel dick you bird brained sons a bitch. You're a fucking dumbass, hair brained loser.

I stand by my comment, you're full of shit (and none too bright I might add). Maybe less beer and sober friends might help make pale rider a bit more credible.

Why doesn't Walker simply negotiate with the workers? If you are going to take away their right to collectively bargain, let him offer up something to the workers that will ensure their rights will be protected?

He can't do it because he does not want to see their rights protected

Have you listened to him on the matter? I posted an interview with Chris Wallace and Gov. Walker.. might want to take a listen.

that they can re-certify every year...how is that busting them?

It's a great idea. The employee base changes. If the union is serving them well, the employees will vote for it. If not, they won't.

The elections should also be secret - none of this open Card Check intimidation-thuggery.

Why doesn't Walker simply negotiate with the workers? If you are going to take away their right to collectively bargain, let him offer up something to the workers that will ensure their rights will be protected?

He can't do it because he does not want to see their rights protected

what rights exactly, are you referring to?

What the Gov. of WI should do is take a page from the strategy of Gov. Brown of CA. Instead of scapegoating government employees, Gov. Brown stated everyone would feel the pain, he froze hiring for all but safety, cut his personal staff to the bare-bone and reduced the staff throughout the exectutive offices; made cuts in most government services and convinced the legislature to put tax increases on the ballot for June.
He also rents an apt. near his Capital offices, and on a recent trip to SoCal flew Southwest Airlines.

Gov. Moonbeam is just rearranging the deck chairs. What he has done has not even made a meaningful dent in the deficit.

Gov. Brown has most everyone pulling together, and as he promised offered a budget contingent on the people approving modest tax increases along with the budget cuts he has already included.
Calling Brown "Moonbeam" demonstrates how truly ignorant you are, btw. Do a little research on how this pejorative came to be. Or, continue to be the willfully ignorant person you are.

You are as big of a liar as you are fucking prick. Once again the name calling starts without provocation. Well dumbass, NO, I'M NOT FULL SHIT! I have TWO friends, BOTH in unions, and BOTH sit in on NEGOTIATIONS. One was over here drinking beer TWO NIGHTS AGO, and he told me EXACTLY what I just said. So go suck camel dick you bird brained sons a bitch. You're a fucking dumbass, hair brained loser.

I stand by my comment, you're full of shit (and none too bright I might add). Maybe less beer and sober friends might help make pale rider a bit more credible.

- it's important for us to pause for a moment and make sure that we're talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.

Gov. Brown has most everyone pulling together, and as he promised offered a budget contingent on the people approving modest tax increases along with the budget cuts he has already included.
Calling Brown "Moonbeam" demonstrates how truly ignorant you are, btw. Do a little research on how this pejorative came to be. Or, continue to be the willfully ignorant person you are.

define modest?

He didn't modestly increase taxes, he's just continuing the tax hike from a few years ago that was supposed to be temporary. Which shows how Ignorant You Are, dearie.

You are as big of a liar as you are fucking prick. Once again the name calling starts without provocation. Well dumbass, NO, I'M NOT FULL SHIT! I have TWO friends, BOTH in unions, and BOTH sit in on NEGOTIATIONS. One was over here drinking beer TWO NIGHTS AGO, and he told me EXACTLY what I just said.

You stand by being an idiot, and a liberal, union, you're the fucking problem with America idiot at that. I hope your union gets busted right along with the rest of them. You're usefulness is over. Get on board with fixing America or go to hell.

Last edited:
You are as big of a liar as you are fucking prick. Once again the name calling starts without provocation. Well dumbass, NO, I'M NOT FULL SHIT! I have TWO friends, BOTH in unions, and BOTH sit in on NEGOTIATIONS. One was over here drinking beer TWO NIGHTS AGO, and he told me EXACTLY what I just said.

You stand by being an idiot, and a liberal, union, you're the fucking problem with America idiot at that. I hope your union gets busted right along with the rest of them. You're usefulness is over. Get on board with fixing America or go to hell.

WC already has a condo on the 4th level. It's currently sublet to Jimmy Hoffa.

On the local level (county) we are a closed shop. Everyone must pay dues, though those who choose can make a donation to a non-profit instead of making a dues payment to the union.

And that right there is an example of just how THUG LIKE unions are. YOU PAY, OR YOU DON'T WORK HERE! This should be illegal.

Indeed it should. It's telling that it's a close shop - such an arrangement demonstrates an insecurity that the workers wouldn't want the union if they were free to choose.

I bet WC is a big fan of Card Check.

Forum List

Back