Windows 9?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
win9startmenunotiles.jpg

Good Lord. I'm still using Vista and they're talking about 9? Whatever they do, I hope they get over all the bad stuff I've heard about 9.

Decide for yourself. Read the article @ Microsoft Demos New Windows 9 Start Menu

I heard it requires an online account in order to be used. That´s really not good. There should be released a first preview this month.

win9startmenunotiles.jpg

Good Lord. I'm still using Vista and they're talking about 9? Whatever they do, I hope they get over all the bad stuff I've heard about 9.

Decide for yourself. Read the article @ Microsoft Demos New Windows 9 Start Menu

Considering the hate I've heard people have for 8, it's good if they create a better 9 soon. I think they screwed up trying to combine tablet and pc usage in a single OS, or at least they did a poor job with how they went about it.

I'm still using Vista, too. If I were to get a new pc now, I'd want Windows 7. I will avoid 8 like the plague. :lol:

I heard it requires an online account in order to be used. That´s really not good. There should be released a first preview this month.

I don't like the move toward doing everything online. There's been talk that pc's will end up eschewing hard drives entirely and do everything online. I want nothing to do with that.

Hell, I don't even like video games requiring you to be connected online to play. ;)

I was able to buy a new Win 7 laptop thru Best Buy. Once this craps out (or they quit supporting it), I'm done. It'll be time to switch to Mac which I prob s/have done years ago.

I was able to buy a new Win 7 laptop thru Best Buy. Once this craps out (or they quit supporting it), I'm done. It'll be time to switch to Mac which I prob s/have done years ago.

That may not be the refuge for which you hope. I've updated one macbook to "Mavericks" and found it slightly annoying though essential to use many newer programs. The previews I've seen of "Yosemite" (which is the soon-to-be-reased update seem dedicated to forcing everyone over to a touch-screen, smartphone-like human interface.

Have Apple and MicroSoft crawled into bed with each other? It begins to feel that way. I wouldn't hope for anything better from Google - their latest "Chrome" browser is also twisted strongly to the tiled smartphone look and feel.

Maybe UNIX will stage a comeback?

Why not try Linux?
I shall look into that. Didn't you used to have a polar bear avatar?

Yeah, I almost always have some sort of bear avi. Of course, they used to be animated, but that doesn't seem to work with the new format. :(

Forum List

Back