Windows 10 Pro on USB flash drive SOLD OUT

Brick Gold

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2022
I wonder if they will restock this item because I really dont want to buy it from a third party provider, I want the real official thing. With Pro you get Bitlocker and you can lock folders up with password protection much like you can with Word documents in Windows 365. Got any ideas for some trustworthy alternatives if I cant find me what I am looking for?

Found it no worries I can go back to school to become a professional nerd now thx

I located a company that sells the retail box as Microsoft manufactured it so I am happy with that. Mission accomplished. No internet necessary.
Because things Bill Gates manufactures are great, huh? Like Covid-19?

Because things Bill Gates manufactures are great, huh? Like Covid-19?
This has nothing to do with Bill Gates and truthfully he is only a part of Microsoft and isn't responsible for most of the details at that company, especially these days. Windows is the best choice if you want to make money, the infrastructure is enormous, the products used everywhere and almost everyone I ever knew with a computer ran Windows.

This has nothing to do with Bill Gates and truthfully he is only a part of Microsoft and isn't responsible for most of the details at that company, especially these days. Windows is the best choice if you want to make money, the infrastructure is enormous, the products used everywhere and almost everyone I ever knew with a computer ran Windows.
SZI8lKy.jpg

You have now piqued my interest enough to where I'm gonna ask what kind of computers these are, exactly? Laptops? Premade Compaqs? What?
Computers used in actual manufacturing of things still run on Windows 98 and XP.

You have now piqued my interest enough to where I'm gonna ask what kind of computers these are, exactly? Laptops? Premade Compaqs? What?
Computers used in actual manufacturing of things still run on Windows 98 and XP.
I am not running a business. Some facilities and military computers systems were manufactured in the 70s and are still in use. I imagine that yes any non-office business that has been operating for any length time will be using the same OS that they originally installed. They appear to use everything to the last drop, including industrial machinery that is old as my grandfather.
lol

But any business that I will take part in will be software development and maintenance, so my interest is naturally with the most current state of coding and programming in common use today.

;)

Look in any front office at any large company and 90% of them will be using Windows 10.

Last edited:
I am not running a business. Some facilities and military computers systems were manufactured in the 70s and are still in use. I imagine that yes any non-office business that has been operating for any length time will be using the same OS that they originally installed. They appear to use everything to the last drop, including industrial machinery that is old as my grandfather.
lol

But any business that I will take part in will be software development and maintenance, so my interest is naturally with the most current state of coding and programming in common use today.

;)

Look in any front office at any large company and 90% of them will be using Windows 10.
thats-where-youre-wrong-kiddo-mfw-they-say-trump-has-22532002.png

Businesses use Cisco, and Linux, and proprietary software. You ain't no coder, you're a fucking idiot and a liar.

I've know real coders since 1996. Fuck You.

You are a sham that doesn't even know how to put a Windows 10 install onto a USB drive, you fucking moron.

I can put any OS install onto a microSD drive and use that; Prick. You're just stupid. I'm like on "The Big Bang Theory" when they're talking about "What OSes are you installing?" All of them.

Last edited:
thats-where-youre-wrong-kiddo-mfw-they-say-trump-has-22532002.png

Businesses use Cisco, and Linux, and proprietary software. You ain't no coder, you're a fucking idiot and a liar.

I've know real coders since 1996. Fuck You.

You are a sham that doesn't even know how to put a Windows 10 install onto a USB drive, you fucking moron.

I can put any OS install onto a microSD drive and use that; Prick. You're just stupid. I'm like on "The Big Bang Theory" when they're talking about "What OSes are you installing?" All of them.
Not many of the businesses I've seen first hand. You're short tempered and wrong. Different business sector anyway. Truth is most of these companies installed software in their computers that run their industrial machinery and kept the same OS through the entire use. I've seen funky 70s software still being used, even windows 3.1 and Windows 1995 only a few years ago. I heard tech dept people groan about being forced out of 7 into 10 and so on. I guess that I hang out on the main street more than you and see whats going on there. But what you said was entirely off the hook and maybe you should calm down.

Either way you look at it I'm not going to learn some open source project code or backwoods programming, I'm going where the moneys at and business is most intense. If I offended your Linux sensibilities that wasnt my intention. Cheer up, the company I work for uses Linux.

;)

lol

;)

Tell me you can still write code in FORTRAN. Then I'll know you are Old Skewl.

Tell me you can still write code in FORTRAN. Then I'll know you are Old Skewl.
I dont write code, thats the thing. I am going to learn C++ here probably starting in 2023 when I am situated to be able to dedicate the time and attention. For now though I'm learning how to tech Windows as a user not a coder.

I can only speak from experience and what I saw first hand on a corporate level and maybe my view is skewed but no harm intended.

Last edited:
I dont write code, thats the thing. I am going to learn C++ here probably starting in 2023 when I am situated to be able to dedicate the time and attention. For now though I'm learning how to tech Windows as a user not a coder.

I can only speak from experience and what I saw first hand on a corporate level and maybe my view is skewed but no harm intended.

Shoot. I was hoping to share some FORTRAN stories. C++ is finally giving FORTRAN a run for its money after the latter's like 60+years as a language. Really I only have one story that repeated many many times. When I was learning it, I had to get a friend to run everything through a defense subcontractor compiler to make anything work because the university's computer lab compiler was so buggy it was virtually useless at churning out a working data file.

Shoot. I was hoping to share some FORTRAN stories. C++ is finally giving FORTRAN a run for its money after the latter's like 60+years as a language. Really I only have one story that repeated many many times. When I was learning it, I had to get a friend to run everything through a defense subcontractor compiler to make anything work because the university's computer lab compiler was so buggy it was virtually useless at churning out a working data file.
Well, thats not what I am going for and I can respect that your business is far deeper than what I am going to get to in the next several years but I never claimed to be anything more than a beginner. This will not be my bread and butter but if I play my cards right I can design an app that hits it big and take a long vacation.

I do however understand a techs frustration at the endless line of dumbasses looking for help to play their stupid games. And that is not what I am here for.

Last edited:
Well, thats not what I am going for and I can respect that your business is far deeper than what I am going to get to in the next several years but I never claimed to be anything more than a beginner. This will not be my bread and butter but if I play my cards right I can design an app that hits it big and take a long vacation.

I do however understand a techs frustration at the endless line of dumbasses looking for help to play their stupid games. And that is not what I am here for.

IDK. I have a fairly low opinion of a lot of real world IT people we have used at work so it can be a two way street. It feels like all they do is charge a fortune to sit there while someone they called in India or wherever fixes it remotely. Ever since the in-house guy dropped dead, we have been saddled with kids who would be better at getting a game to work than dealing with a database or server issues.

Good luck with your app though. I keep trying to envsion the next greatest app but I really can only think of stupid day to to day shit.

IDK. I have a fairly low opinion of a lot of real world IT people we have used at work so it can be a two way street. It feels like all they do is charge a fortune to sit there while someone they called in India or wherever fixes it remotely. Ever since the in-house guy dropped dead, we have been saddled with kids who would be better at getting a game to work than dealing with a database or server issues.

Good luck with your app though. I keep trying to envsion the next greatest app but I really can only think of stupid day to to day shit.
Like the Geek Squad, high school-college kids still learning, but helpful on the retail level. Theres a real lack in knowledgeable staff as compared to what I remember in the 90s and early 2000s. Its like the higher ups threw their hands up in defeat and said "well, anything goes" and if youre down in it you gotta play along but really its grinding against you harder than the ones that fit in.

I got a few good ideas that Im trying to keep secret and three times as many apps that couldnt make a dime in a million years, all of them useful to me. The hard part is getting there without paying someone elses way.

:)

Like the Geek Squad, high school-college kids still learning, but helpful on the retail level. Theres a real lack in knowledgeable staff as compared to what I remember in the 90s and early 2000s. Its like the higher ups threw their hands up in defeat and said "well, anything goes" and if youre down in it you gotta play along but really its grinding against you harder than the ones that fit in.

People in the 90's and the early 2000's still knew what a command prompt was and how to go from there for the most part. It is the downside of everything being downloaded and auto installed, plug and play, auto-updated, etc. Not as many people know what lies beneath what they see on the screen. If windows doesn't have a fool-proof app for it, more and more people are clueless.

Forum List

Back