Will you be okay with another DACA extension?

With less than 60 days remaining on the current extension and very little talk on where things stand, the situation reeks of no resolve and more bullshit to come.
I have a bad feeling that we may see some bipartisan bullshit from the Trump admin on this one as they try to toe the line.

Not a matter of how "we feel about it".. DACA was shot down in the Courts. REQUIRES Congressional action. HAS bi-partisan support with some changes. Just a matter of Dems being the "party of no" right now. Not willing to authorize border security in exchange for the DACA kids. Folks better be pressuring BOTH sides into compromise on this or take EQUAL responsibility for "killing the dream"..

Only change I want in DACA is to recognize kids that ACTUALLY were OF illegal parents. NOT the ones who were put on the Death Trains BY their parents to ride up ALONE from Central America. We are not an orphanage. And the govt SUCKS at parenting.

Hmmm, I don’t know about that....I hate to hurt the feelings of some people but I don’t believe there’s any support for DACA from this executive branch. I think they are cleverly playing along as if they are in support for obvious reasons...when Democrats and congress can’t fit the square peg in round hole the executive branch can point the finger at Democrats and congress. Hopefully you all see that coming?

Nope. There's a certain fairness that appeals to BOTH SIDES here. These ARE kids who only know of America. Wasn't their decision as minors. Their parents committed the illegal act. And I believe Trump has never equivocated on the "general idea" of DACA. Maybe just NOT the way Obama FORCED the implementation..

I agree that Daca's know no other country but this one and did not commit the crime.

When Reagan submitted his amnesty bill to congress he had very harsh punishments in there for the American employers that hired illegals....

But at the last minute, Republicans withdrew those penalties against employers at the lobbying bequest of several organizations representing American businesses.

Thus the problems we continue to have today and a repeat of what we had before Reagan's amnesty...

I agree with you...it can be fixed without a wall....

Businesses need to be held accountable if they hire undocumented immigrants, with heavy penalty....or the problem will never end... even with extra fencing...

Verifying citizenship before hire can be done today easily, imo.

Most DACA children and adults are more productive than most trump supporters.

Keep DACA. Deport deplorables.

If you did that the workers would leave and then your welfare checks would dry up.

At one time my attitude was "keep the good, out with the bad".

Day by day watching DEMS scream and demand this and that?

"Chain Migration" 1.8mil soon becomes 5-10 million aunts and uncles raiding the Treasury.

Send them all out. Stop the Anchor nonsense. Shut Schumer and Pelosi up for good.

Build the wall......Deport them all.

I disagree with you on the dreamers. They have actually tried to comply with the law as it was presented to them. They registered with, and have been vetted by US, not some foreign country. They have lived their entire lives here and know no other country, this IS their country. Most of them don't even know the language of the country they came from, thus to send them back would be to place them in actual real danger.

That is not justice.

What do we do with their fucking parents?

Do we let them stay also?

And then there is their brothers and sisters...what about them?

You see this isn't about 900,000 of them, but rather three million
that are all here illegally.

If their parents have been vetted, and are productive members of society, yes. If they fail in any category, then no, they go back home. I am only concerned with those who tried to abide by the law. What part of that do you not understand?

With less than 60 days remaining on the current extension and very little talk on where things stand, the situation reeks of no resolve and more bullshit to come.
I have a bad feeling that we may see some bipartisan bullshit from the Trump admin on this one as they try to toe the line.

Not a matter of how "we feel about it".. DACA was shot down in the Courts. REQUIRES Congressional action. HAS bi-partisan support with some changes. Just a matter of Dems being the "party of no" right now. Not willing to authorize border security in exchange for the DACA kids. Folks better be pressuring BOTH sides into compromise on this or take EQUAL responsibility for "killing the dream"..

Only change I want in DACA is to recognize kids that ACTUALLY were OF illegal parents. NOT the ones who were put on the Death Trains BY their parents to ride up ALONE from Central America. We are not an orphanage. And the govt SUCKS at parenting.

Hmmm, I don’t know about that....I hate to hurt the feelings of some people but I don’t believe there’s any support for DACA from this executive branch. I think they are cleverly playing along as if they are in support for obvious reasons...when Democrats and congress can’t fit the square peg in round hole the executive branch can point the finger at Democrats and congress. Hopefully you all see that coming?

Nope. There's a certain fairness that appeals to BOTH SIDES here. These ARE kids who only know of America. Wasn't their decision as minors. Their parents committed the illegal act. And I believe Trump has never equivocated on the "general idea" of DACA. Maybe just NOT the way Obama FORCED the implementation..

We now have an executive branch that understands, respects and adheres to Constitutional power and authority.
That said, there’s really no grey area on the matter.
I’ll ask you the same, why would you support blatant disregard of what our founders set forth? Shouldn’t we adhere to the constitution regardless of “back story”...isn’t that kind of your duty as an American?

Constitution recognizes immigration, borders, naturalization as a PRIMARY duty. It doesn't specify POLICY in any way, shape or form. So cool your jets on the Constitutional issues. It's an issue NOW -- because the FORMER president exceeded HIS authority to MAKE immigration, naturalization law. It's really up to Congress to decide.

Trump is doing A LOT of that sort of thing. BECAUSE he recognizes the former increasing abuse of Exec power. That's a GOOD sign. Unless you consider how lazy, inept and unmotivated Congress has been the past 2 decades.

Actually you’re wrong....Congress won’t decide anything on this issue without the approval of SCOTUS. The guidelines for naturalization and citizenship are clearly outlined in the 14th. A POTUS does not have the authority to grant some weird form of temporary or partial citizenship....PERIOD. You know this.

We now have an executive branch that understands, respects and adheres to Constitutional power and authority.
I’ll ask you the same, why would you support blatant disregard of what our founders set forth? Shouldn’t we adhere to the constitution regardless of “back story”...isn’t that kind of your duty as an American?

Constitution recognizes immigration, borders, naturalization as a PRIMARY duty. It doesn't specify POLICY in any way, shape or form. So cool your jets on the Constitutional issues. It's an issue NOW -- because the FORMER president exceeded HIS authority to MAKE immigration, naturalization law. It's really up to Congress to decide.

Trump is doing A LOT of that sort of thing. BECAUSE he recognizes the former increasing abuse of Exec power. That's a GOOD sign. Unless you consider how lazy, inept and unmotivated Congress has been the past 2 decades.

Actually you’re wrong....Congress won’t decide anything on this issue without the approval of SCOTUS. The guidelines for naturalization and citizenship are clearly outlined in the 14th. A POTUS does not have the authority to grant some weird form of temporary or partial citizenship....PERIOD. You know this.

That's a laugh, they didn't do anything to stop obummers illegal enacting of DACA in the first place. This is one of the most useless Congresses in history. Very reminiscent of the Roman Senate before most of them got killed.

Really? The whole naturalization process for aliens is in the 14th huh? News to me...

Really? The whole naturalization process for aliens is in the 14th huh? News to me...

Neither of us have time for hair splitting...right?

Neither of us have time for hair splitting...right?

....... or the patience. BUT, being a techie type -- I usually make sure I have the time to understand where the actual problem is located.

NO, anyone who would favor this program doesn't believe in the rule of law. Short of congressional action, DACA should die a swift and painful death.

I have no problem with them being able to attain citizenship, but let this be the last..

Last edited:

NO, anyone who would favor this program doesn't believe in the rule of law. Short of congressional action, DACA should die a swift and painful death.

They are productive citizens and have lived here their whole lives. Your stance is why people are disgusted by you deplorables.

In my opinion, this DACA matter is a non-issue.

We all know that for political and practical and humanitarian reasons, those 800,000 young people will NOT be rounded up, dragged to airplanes, and deported.

Congress will, of course, pass some kind of face-saving measure.

And Congress will give President Trump something in return for his signature.

The real issue is: How serious are Americans (both conservative and liberal) about really enforcing the immigration laws?

In my opinion, many Americans (both Democrats and Republicans) benefit in various ways from illegal immigration, so there will NEVER be the political will to truly crack down.

We have, in my opinion, passed the point of no return.

By the year 2100, the United States of America will be a totally different country.

Last edited:
At one time my attitude was "keep the good, out with the bad".

Day by day watching DEMS scream and demand this and that?

"Chain Migration" 1.8mil soon becomes 5-10 million aunts and uncles raiding the Treasury.

Send them all out. Stop the Anchor nonsense. Shut Schumer and Pelosi up for good.

Build the wall......Deport them all.

I disagree with you on the dreamers. They have actually tried to comply with the law as it was presented to them. They registered with, and have been vetted by US, not some foreign country. They have lived their entire lives here and know no other country, this IS their country. Most of them don't even know the language of the country they came from, thus to send them back would be to place them in actual real danger.

That is not justice.

What do we do with their fucking parents?

Do we let them stay also?

And then there is their brothers and sisters...what about them?

You see this isn't about 900,000 of them, but rather three million
that are all here illegally.

If their parents have been vetted, and are productive members of society, yes. If they fail in any category, then no, they go back home. I am only concerned with those who tried to abide by the law. What part of that do you not understand?

They are here illegally.

It is Impossible for them to have abided by the law when they entered are
country illegally.

What part of that don't you understand?

They are productive citizens and have lived here their whole lives. Your stance is why people are disgusted by you deplorables.

And commiecrat lies are why you lost the election. Many came here in their teens so they haven't been here their whole lives. Also your dear leader said on 23 occasions that he didn't have the constitutional authority for DACA and did it anyway. It is and has always been up to congress, so stop your damn crying, Trump just put the issue in the proper venue for resolution. Now tell your commiecrat congresscritters to get off their asses and do their jobs, I'm thinking they want the issue far more than a resolution.

So according to you--you want Democrats to agree to wasting 50 billion taxpayer dollars on a worthless wall, then DACA students can stay. Is that correct? You should watch this entire video before you answer that question. After this video there will be more video's regarding private property rights, reservation land and the technical difficulties in building a 1000 mile wall, that would have a 1000 tunnels underneath it as soon as it was built.

1200x675

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

Yes ....

You take a very naive, and uneducated, view of border security.

Spend the money ---- build the wall. If the price includes giving Dreamers a path to citizenship, I can be forced to accept that.

Forum List

Back