Will you be okay with another DACA extension?

I was off by 9%

Poll: 86 percent support Dreamers staying in the country

A majority of Americans in a new survey are in support of letting recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program stay in the country.

A Washington Post/ABC News poll finds 86 percent of respondents are in favor of allowing DACA recipients who are eligible for renewable two-year work permits to stay in the country.

They won't be in favor of it when they learn the actual number that we'd
wind up keeping would be over 3 million.

I was off by 9%

Poll: 86 percent support Dreamers staying in the country

A majority of Americans in a new survey are in support of letting recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program stay in the country.

A Washington Post/ABC News poll finds 86 percent of respondents are in favor of allowing DACA recipients who are eligible for renewable two-year work permits to stay in the country.

The poll was conducted from Sept. 18 to 21 among 1,002 adults. The margin of error is 3.5 percentage points.”

Geographically speaking, where was the polling conducted?
Mexifornia? Loon York?
See how this works bud...Your polls have zero credibility. Remember when polls had HRC winning? Hahaha

With less than 60 days remaining on the current extension and very little talk on where things stand, the situation reeks of no resolve and more bullshit to come.
I have a bad feeling that we may see some bipartisan bullshit from the Trump admin on this one as they try to toe the line.

Why do you have a problem with kids that have grown up in this country and been educated here. You would prefer to send them back to a foreign country where they will work and pay taxes there, not here. Where they would stimulate the economy there, not here. Where they would start their business;s there to compete against American business's here. Basically sending our investments away.

Or are you just a dumbass racist?

There are DACA students on college campus's all over this nation, and they're clearly much smarter than you.

Annoyed-Daffy-Duck-Quote-On-Stupid-People-Aliens.jpg

The 4th Reich has arisen in the form of a Trumptard.

Last edited:
With less than 60 days remaining on the current extension and very little talk on where things stand, the situation reeks of no resolve and more bullshit to come.
I have a bad feeling that we may see some bipartisan bullshit from the Trump admin on this one as they try to toe the line.

Not a matter of how "we feel about it".. DACA was shot down in the Courts. REQUIRES Congressional action. HAS bi-partisan support with some changes. Just a matter of Dems being the "party of no" right now. Not willing to authorize border security in exchange for the DACA kids. Folks better be pressuring BOTH sides into compromise on this or take EQUAL responsibility for "killing the dream"..

Only change I want in DACA is to recognize kids that ACTUALLY were OF illegal parents. NOT the ones who were put on the Death Trains BY their parents to ride up ALONE from Central America. We are not an orphanage. And the govt SUCKS at parenting.

I get it...many want to see it from a noble point of view.
With that, there’s a huge can of worms being opened.
Everyone has heart wrenching “back story” and millions before DACA were brought here as small children. What gives? When do you decide to stand firm and set precedent?

DACA children are Americans

Period.......
No ... they aren't. They are illegal immigrants who came of age in the US. They have no legal standing, whatsoever.
They grew up here and now have productive jobs, are in the military etc.
Your racist views are unamerican.
77% of Americans support them.
You’re once again on the wrong side of history.
In your warped little world, insisting on equal application of the rule of law is now RACIST????

Seriously?

Not a matter of how "we feel about it".. DACA was shot down in the Courts. REQUIRES Congressional action. HAS bi-partisan support with some changes. Just a matter of Dems being the "party of no" right now. Not willing to authorize border security in exchange for the DACA kids. Folks better be pressuring BOTH sides into compromise on this or take EQUAL responsibility for "killing the dream"..

Only change I want in DACA is to recognize kids that ACTUALLY were OF illegal parents. NOT the ones who were put on the Death Trains BY their parents to ride up ALONE from Central America. We are not an orphanage. And the govt SUCKS at parenting.
You raise an interesting question ....

IF we grant citizenship to Dreamers, are their parents going to become citizens by virtue of chain migration? I would propose a codifier that prevents Dreamers from sponsoring ANY immigrants.

So according to you--you want Democrats to agree to wasting 50 billion taxpayer dollars on a worthless wall, then DACA students can stay. Is that correct? You should watch this entire video before you answer that question. After this video there will be more video's regarding private property rights, reservation land and the technical difficulties in building a 1000 mile wall, that would have a 1000 tunnels underneath it as soon as it was built.

1200x675

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

Hmmm, I don’t know about that....I hate to hurt the feelings of some people but I don’t believe there’s any support for DACA from this executive branch. I think they are cleverly playing along as if they are in support for obvious reasons...when Democrats and congress can’t fit the square peg in round hole the executive branch can point the finger at Democrats and congress. Hopefully you all see that coming?

IF we grant citizenship to Dreamers, are their parents going to become citizens by virtue of chain migration? I would propose a codifier that prevents Dreamers from sponsoring ANY immigrants.

First of all you're not granting citizenship through DACA. You are giving them a pathway to citizenship. No their parents would not be included because they are not included under DACA.

Last edited:

Hmmm, I don’t know about that....I hate to hurt the feelings of some people but I don’t believe there’s any support for DACA from this executive branch. I think they are cleverly playing along as if they are in support for obvious reasons...when Democrats and congress can’t fit the square peg in round hole the executive branch can point the finger at Democrats and congress. Hopefully you all see that coming?

If you can't get Republicans to waste 50 billion dollars on a worthless wall, Democrats won't do it. If Republicans don't do something about DACA, extension or other there will be more blood in the streets during the midterm election cycle, especially in heavily populated Hispanic states like Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Nevada, Colorado & California. Basically the entire southwest of this country.

So Republicans have much to lose in these states if they don't approve of a DACA extension or come up with a decent bill that protects DACA kids that were raised and educated here.

Furthermore, in our elementary schools today, minorities outnumber whites. Meaning in another 12 to 14 years the majority voting populatiion in this country will be nonwhite.
U.S. School Enrollment Hits Majority-Minority Milestone

Last edited:

If you can't get Republicans to waste 50 billion dollars on a worthless wall, Democrats won't do it. If Republicans don't do something about DACA, extension or other there will be more blood in the streets during the midterm election cycle, especially in heavily populated Hispanic states like Arizona, Texas, Nevada--basically the entire southwest of this country.

So Republicans have much to lose in these states if they don't approve of a DACA extension or come up with a decent bill that protects kids that were raised and educated here.

If Republicans don't do something about DACA, extension or other there will be more blood in the streets during the midterm election cycle, especially in heavily populated Hispanic states like Arizona, Texas, Nevada--basically the entire southwest of this country.”

Ask Hillary how that play and scare tactic worked out for her.
Again, good quality, real Americans respect the constitution and they’re smart enough to know that DACA is unconstitutional. You wouldn’t understand.

I think the parents of Dreamers have likely adjusted to being illegal. They are also probably close to retirement. They should be exempt from prosecution or deportation. Given any SocSec/Medicare that they paid into. But not granted citizenship. Permanent visa or something.

But YEAH -- there can be a DEEPER discussion of the details than the phony shallow coverage that you get from the general media. We need to be SMARTER as a nation about complex issues.

If you can't get Republicans to waste 50 billion dollars on a worthless wall, Democrats won't do it. If Republicans don't do something about DACA, extension or other there will be more blood in the streets during the midterm election cycle, especially in heavily populated Hispanic states like Arizona, Texas, Nevada--basically the entire southwest of this country.

So Republicans have much to lose in these states if they don't approve of a DACA extension or come up with a decent bill that protects kids that were raised and educated here.

If Republicans don't do something about DACA, extension or other there will be more blood in the streets during the midterm election cycle, especially in heavily populated Hispanic states like Arizona, Texas, Nevada--basically the entire southwest of this country.”

Again, good quality, real Americans respect the constitution and they’re smart enough to know that DACA is unconstitutional. You wouldn’t understand.

At your peril. Texas is populated with a 40% American legal Hispanic voting population in that state alone. You don't think these Hispanics would get pissed off to see their relatives--nieces & nefews who were raised and educated in this country sent off to a foreign country that they do not understand?

Go ahead a try it dumbass.

So according to you--you want Democrats to agree to wasting 50 billion taxpayer dollars on a worthless wall, then DACA students can stay. Is that correct? You should watch this entire video before you answer that question. After this video there will be more video's regarding private property rights, reservation land and the technical difficulties in building a 1000 mile wall, that would have a 1000 tunnels underneath it as soon as it was built.

1200x675

The ins and outs of U.S.-Mexico border tunnels

What I WANT -- is my govt to actually work. If we HAD adequate border security and immigration control -- I'd be 10 times as generous on immigration quotas and issues. But my govt is broken and inept and corrupt and incompetent. The "wall" is a symbol of govt inability to assure border security. A MONUMENT to failure to ENFORCE CURRENT LAW AND POLICIES.

I'll leave that to the 2 feuding tribes to spar over. NEITHER is gonna fix the SYSTEMIC ROT and COMPLACENCY that even REQUIRES the consideration of a Border wall.

To wit... There is a SIMPLE way to get border compliance TOMORROW --- ALMOST FOR FREE. But neither party will use this EXISTING tool. And that is --- citizenship testing as a condition of employment. It's ILLEGAL TODAY to hire illegals.

That's why I'm a Libertarian. Dems/Reps are so busy facing off in tribal clashes -- they have NO capable to think or problem solve. They are like 2 primitive tribes standing 50 feet apart. Painted up and shaking spears and shouting at each other. Til one runs off.

Nope. There's a certain fairness that appeals to BOTH SIDES here. These ARE kids who only know of America. Wasn't their decision as minors. Their parents committed the illegal act. And I believe Trump has never equivocated on the "general idea" of DACA. Maybe just NOT the way Obama FORCED the implementation..

At your peril. Texas is populated with a 40% American legal Hispanic voting population in that state alone. You don't think these Hispanics would get pissed off to see their relatives--nieces & nefews who were raised and educated in this country sent off to a foreign country that they do not understand?

Go ahead a try it dumbass.

Trump won Texas by a 9% margin on a hardcore anti immigration policy. Doing the right thing always trumps doing the wrong thing and or pacifying foreigners.
Why are you so against constitutional authority?

Congress and President Trump cannot legalize DACAs without sacrificing the Rule of Law and broadcasting a call to come to America to be here for the next amnesty. No matter the “deal” the Rule of Law would fall!

I get it...many want to see it from a noble point of view.
With that, there’s a huge can of worms being opened.
Everyone has heart wrenching “back story” and millions before DACA were brought here as small children. What gives? When do you decide to stand firm and set precedent?

DACA children are Americans

Period.......
No ... they aren't. They are illegal immigrants who came of age in the US. They have no legal standing, whatsoever.
They grew up here and now have productive jobs, are in the military etc.
Your racist views are unamerican.
77% of Americans support them.
You’re once again on the wrong side of history.
In your warped little world, insisting on equal application of the rule of law is now RACIST????

Seriously?
Snowflakes believe math is racist.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Nope. There's a certain fairness that appeals to BOTH SIDES here. These ARE kids who only know of America. Wasn't their decision as minors. Their parents committed the illegal act. And I believe Trump has never equivocated on the "general idea" of DACA. Maybe just NOT the way Obama FORCED the implementation..

We now have an executive branch that understands, respects and adheres to Constitutional power and authority.
That said, there’s really no grey area on the matter.
I’ll ask you the same, why would you support blatant disregard of what our founders set forth? Shouldn’t we adhere to the constitution regardless of “back story”...isn’t that kind of your duty as an American?

We now have an executive branch that understands, respects and adheres to Constitutional power and authority.
That said, there’s really no grey area on the matter.
I’ll ask you the same, why would you support blatant disregard of what our founders set forth? Shouldn’t we adhere to the constitution regardless of “back story”...isn’t that kind of your duty as an American?

Constitution recognizes immigration, borders, naturalization as a PRIMARY duty. It doesn't specify POLICY in any way, shape or form. So cool your jets on the Constitutional issues. It's an issue NOW -- because the FORMER president exceeded HIS authority to MAKE immigration, naturalization law. It's really up to Congress to decide.

Trump is doing A LOT of that sort of thing. BECAUSE he recognizes the former increasing abuse of Exec power. That's a GOOD sign. Unless you consider how lazy, inept and unmotivated Congress has been the past 2 decades.

Forum List

Back