Will this be the year the Cubbies win the world series?

will this be the year the cubbies win the world series?

• No,they will make it past the first round but lose the NL championship series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yesterday behind some guy named Ty Blach the Giants got an unlikely victory over Clayton Kershaw.

Today they need to beat Maeda (16-10) to clinch a wildcard spot and a chance to face the Cubbies. Go Giants

you should never be allowed into an A'S game to cheer on the A'S since you are not a true A's fan. a true A's fan would have done what thousands of other A fans did two years ago when the Royals were in the series.Pulling for the Royals since they a small market team like the A's.

I am not a fan of the Raiders but I sure hope they can have a winning season this year since I am pro oakland and am very much behind their efforts to keep the raiders and a's in oakland. warriors are gone to SF which is fine with me since the owners wont even call them their correct name OAKLAND warriors,the asshole.
But since the A'S suck right now,I hope the niners have another horrible year and the raiders can finally have a winning season this year.

I am behind the oakland fans because i know how seriously depressed i was for years after the Rams left LA.I would never wish oakland fans to have to suffer like that the same way i did.I know how much it hurts to lose something that is so near and dear to you. so you other teams facing the Giants.go win baby!!!!! go Oakland!!!!!!!!!

speaking of that,looks like the raiders pulled off another ROAD victory.when you can win on the road and win the close games,that is the mark of turning things around. as i said,go

OAKLAND!!!!!! rather it be A's since I have never liked the Raiders because of the Davis family but they are the only Oakland team that is looking for a new stadium that is winning now.

if you cheer on both the Giants and A's ,you are just a fair weather fan.you need to show committment to the bay area team you cheer on if you are a true fan of that team. cant be saying-me team is the A's but they are terrible so I am going to cheer on the Giants.uh uh,you are just a fair weather fan. cant be a REAL fan of the A'S if you are going to cheer for the Giansts as well.does not work that way

Last edited:
I would root for the Cubs.....except my Mets had a miraculous September and wound up with the home field in the WC game.

So....if Thor can get a win against Mad Bum.......I'd have to root for the Cubbies to choke on a diet of unproven rookie hurlers and a rejuvenated Mets offense.

Should be a great game in Toronto Tuesday night as well. I have disdain for the Jays due to the fact that I perceive them to be arrogant fuckers. So... I'd love for the O's to beat them in front of those equally arrogant Canuck fans.

Great season.

I notice the idiots that keep voting they will lose in the first round wont show their faces here.

Go Giants!

By the way I was born in SF, but we moved to Oakland when I was 2. We moved to Santa Cruz county when I was 11 and that area has split allegiances. So I can root for the A's, Giants, 9ers, Raiders, Warriors...and even the Kings.

Go Giants!

By the way I was born in SF, but we moved to Oakland when I was 2. We moved to Santa Cruz county when I was 11 and that area has split allegiances. So I can root for the A's, Giants, 9ers, Raiders, Warriors...and even the Kings.

Who would you root for in a WS between the Goants and the A's?

I am a nervous Cubs fan.

(1) This is baseball. I have seen guys do awesome in the reg season and then slump in post. For a long time that was Bonds. They have the bats, but slumps can come at bad times and so could hit hitters on the opposing team.

(2) Lester and Hendricks have been great this year, but I don't think either are the great post season pitchers you want. Arieta has had his ups and downs. The rotation makes me nervous

Bottomline it is the MLB playoffs anything can and does happen. The best team on paper rarely is the one that wins it all.

The Pen will be the key for this postseason!

If the three main starters ( Lester, Hendricks and Arrieta ) get the team to the sixth inning then there is a good chance the Cubs will win it all...

Just do not let Hammels start!

Cubs v. Tribe would be a great series. Plus I try to root for teams that hold their Spring Training out here in the Cactus League.

I see one other person put in a vote they agree with me they will get to the series but not win it,was that you by chance?

None of the idiot cowards who said they would lose in the first round have been able to show their faces and confess they know what idiots they will look like if they do.

Idk, did the Cavs exorcize the curse of Cleveland? Perhaps. I wouldn't mind seeing the Indians lose to the Giants in the WS

Bumgarner, so legend

ab9dea17024803cc4fd3521d398f9dec.jpg

I am a nervous Cubs fan.

(1) This is baseball. I have seen guys do awesome in the reg season and then slump in post. For a long time that was Bonds. They have the bats, but slumps can come at bad times and so could hit hitters on the opposing team.

(2) Lester and Hendricks have been great this year, but I don't think either are the great post season pitchers you want. Arieta has had his ups and downs. The rotation makes me nervous

Bottomline it is the MLB playoffs anything can and does happen. The best team on paper rarely is the one that wins it all.

The Pen will be the key for this postseason!

If the three main starters ( Lester, Hendricks and Arrieta ) get the team to the sixth inning then there is a good chance the Cubs will win it all...

Just do not let Hammels start!

Rotation is Lester, Hendricks, Arieta and Lackey.

Maybe I am a nervous Cubs fan, but that rotation doesn't excite me.

Forum List

Back