Will this be the year the Cubbies win the world series?

will this be the year the cubbies win the world series?

• No,they will make it past the first round but lose the NL championship series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
My heart says this is the year they will finally break the jinx and win the world series the fact they got the best record in baseball and they have duplicated my Royals turning the franchise around same as they did and following their model and winning formula.

HOWEVER in thinking with my head and not with my heart,I just cant pick them to win it all. I think they will make it back to the world series for the first time since the 1940's but I think a team a lot of people are overlooking is the Baltimore Orioles.

I watched a little bit of a game between the O's and The red sox last night on ESPN and they got a closer that is unhittable not to mention a starter who was blanking the red sox through 8 innings and was STILL throwing balls as hard as 99 miles an hour incredibly.

I hope I am wrong that the Cubs win it all them being my favorite team in the national league and all but this O's team looks very dangerous right now. Their next 11 games in a row are at home so that gives them a big advantage down the strectch. The game last night was played in Boston.

I am a nervous Cubs fan.

(1) This is baseball. I have seen guys do awesome in the reg season and then slump in post. For a long time that was Bonds. They have the bats, but slumps can come at bad times and so could hit hitters on the opposing team.

(2) Lester and Hendricks have been great this year, but I don't think either are the great post season pitchers you want. Arieta has had his ups and downs. The rotation makes me nervous

Bottomline it is the MLB playoffs anything can and does happen. The best team on paper rarely is the one that wins it all.

I am a nervous Cubs fan.

(1) This is baseball. I have seen guys do awesome in the reg season and then slump in post. For a long time that was Bonds. They have the bats, but slumps can come at bad times and so could hit hitters on the opposing team.

(2) Lester and Hendricks have been great this year, but I don't think either are the great post season pitchers you want. Arieta has had his ups and downs. The rotation makes me nervous

Bottomline it is the MLB playoffs anything can and does happen. The best team on paper rarely is the one that wins it all.

Yeah you and me both are nervous Cubs fan because you are so correct that once the playoffs start in MLB anything can happen and that the best team on paper doesnt always win.That holds true pretty much half the time. Think of the world series two years ago for example.Both the Royals and Giants were wild care teams that got in.

I was hoping last year the world series was going to be against my favorite team the Royals-I live here in KC,and the Cubs,my second favorite baseball team.That was because ONE of those teams would have been assured of winning.

I am happy the Royals won.who cant be? Its always great to see those small market teams do well. That was why I was bummed out they lost to the big market Giants the year before.:(

Now if only the Cubs could follow the same path my Royals did last year that would be great.They have suffered for so long I would like to see them finally win.

Like I said,the good news is I think they will at least take another positive step in the right direction and get further than they did last year at least.Remember last year they did at least make it to the NL championship game.

I think they will make it to the world series but they wont win it all. I of course hope I am wrong on that and they can win it all.

As i said,a team that is sneaking up on many people and is being overlooked is the Baltimore O's. They are a dangerous team nobody wants to face right now,they could very well go all the way.

"5 reasons the Chicago Cubs can win the World Series

There are reasons to temper postseason expectations for the 2016 Chicago Cubs -- foremost, 108 seasons of falling short. Of course, the Cubs entered this season as the betting favorite to win the World Series and remain so now that they have officially clinched MLB’s first postseason berth and the NL Central title thanks to the Giants’ victory over the Cardinals on Thursday night.

And the Cubs should be the World Series favorites because they’ve got all the ingredients of a championship-winning team, beginning with a potent batting order anchored by Anthony Rizzo and MVP candidate Kris Bryant. The Cubs don’t quite have the offensive firepower of the Boston Red Sox, who lead the league in runs (5.56 runs per game) and slugging percentage (.468), but the Cubs aren’t far behind with the third-most runs in MLB (4.97) and the second-highest on-base percentage (.341). This team is at its best when Dexter Fowler is setting the table (nice work bringing him back), and he should enter the postseason healthy after suffering a hamstring injury in July and some soreness more recently.

5 reasons the Chicago Cubs can win the World Series

They are due.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the Cubs winning the World Series. Get real. They will choke. They always do.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the Cubs winning the World Series. Get real. They will choke. They always do.

That is why I am not saying they will WIN it but I cant believe the negativity I am seeing here from people that voted in they will lose in the first round? are you forgetting they made it to the NL championship game last year?:wtf::rolleyes:

They are not like the old Cubs from the past.the ones from like 10 years ago lost all three games once they got to the playoffs.

This team is different as evidenced by that last year in the playoffs the fact they made it to the NL championship game. I dont see anyone stopping them in the NL league but that the O's will probably be in the world series and they will lose to them. You just had to watch the red sox and Orielos game the other night in boston to see that they are a very under rated team people are overlooking.

Last edited:

There are reasons to temper postseason expectations for the 2016 Chicago Cubs -- foremost, 108 seasons of falling short. Of course, the Cubs entered this season as the betting favorite to win the World Series and remain so now that they have officially clinched MLB’s first postseason berth and the NL Central title thanks to the Giants’ victory over the Cardinals on Thursday night.

And the Cubs should be the World Series favorites because they’ve got all the ingredients of a championship-winning team, beginning with a potent batting order anchored by Anthony Rizzo and MVP candidate Kris Bryant. The Cubs don’t quite have the offensive firepower of the Boston Red Sox, who lead the league in runs (5.56 runs per game) and slugging percentage (.468), but the Cubs aren’t far behind with the third-most runs in MLB (4.97) and the second-highest on-base percentage (.341). This team is at its best when Dexter Fowler is setting the table (nice work bringing him back), and he should enter the postseason healthy after suffering a hamstring injury in July and some soreness more recently.

They are due.
okay but could you put in your vote please? thanks.
that is WHY i cannot believe people dont at LEAST think they will make it to world series like I do:wtf:

They remind me an awful lot of my Kansas City Royals.:thup:

the people that voted they will lose in the first round need to read that link of yours that you posted.That gives me very much hope this is their year.:thup::dance:

Last edited:

That is why I am not saying they will WIN it but I cant believe the negativity I am seeing from I am guessing it is you and Ghook that voted in they will lose in the first round? are two forgetting they made it to the NL championship game last year?:wtf::rolleyes:

They are not like the old Cubs from the past.the ones from like 10 years ago lost all three games once they got to the playoffs.

This team is different as evidenced by that last year in the playoffs the fact they made it to the NL championship game. I dont see anyone stopping them in the NL league but that the O's will probably be in the world series and they will lose to them. You just had to watch the red sox and Orielos game the other night in boston to see that they are a very under rated team people are overlooking.

I never said they would lose, but this baseball. The most unpredictable sport.

That is why I am not saying they will WIN it but I cant believe the negativity I am seeing from I am guessing it is you and Ghook that voted in they will lose in the first round? are two forgetting they made it to the NL championship game last year?:wtf::rolleyes:

so am i wrong then that you were one of two people that put in the vote that they would lose in the first round? was that someone else?

If that wasnt you,please put in your vote and tell me what it is. Like i said MINE was they would get to the series but lose to the Baltimore O's but I want to hear what YOURS is though.thanks.

Last edited:

Those were other teams! Not the same players.

Indeed.:thup:

He needs to read that link that Alex posted. Those were much different teams than this one.

For example this team is NOTHING like the one like ten years ago when Lou Pinella was the manager that once they got into the playoffs,they got swept in all three games.

the proof is in the pudding on that the fact they made it to the NL championship game last year.:thup: that team from 10 years ago or so choked big time once they got there.
This team in fact is VERY much like my Royals.

They matter of fact said that they took the same blueprint formula that the Royals used to build a championship caliber team.They have a very EXCELLENT chance of repeating the same results my Royals got last year as a result.:)

Last edited:
Cards, Mets and Giants are tied (80-71) for the wildcard. Winner of the wildcard game gets the Cubs.

Harvey, Matz and DeGrom are injured for the Mets. All the pressure is on Thor, who struggled in his last start but would presumably be the wildcard game starter.

Cardinals seem to get the job done no matter who's on the field.

Giants had the best record in baseball at the all-star break. They've floundered ever since. If they could just get to the Cubs with MadBum and Cueto pitching well, I'd give them the best odds to knock off the Cubbies.

Best Cub team I have seen in my lifetime. Better than 69

Will they screw it up?
A part of me answers....they ARE the Cubs

so am i wrong then that you were one of two people that put in the vote that they would lose in the first round? was that someone else?

If that wasnt you,please put in your vote and tell me what it is. Like i said MINE was they would get to the series but lose to the Baltimore O's but I want to hear what YOURS is though.thanks.

I use my phone at work and the Ap version doesn't allow voting.

Who will face the Cubs?

Thor pitches for NY (83-74) tonight. Giants (82-74) host Rockies. Cards (81-75) pitch Wainwright.

i see there is a vote for they will win the whole thing now.I am thinking that could very well be the case as well now.They are on pace to win over a 100 games,this is not the same team from tean years ago that chocked once they got there.

They are due.
you must have been the one that put in the vote for undefeated. I am thinking that is more and more of a realistic possibility.I said at the get go they would make it the series just not win i though.

The fools that put in a vote that they will lose in the first round need to get off the pot they been smoking. If this was the team from like 10 years ago where pinella was the manager,then yeah,I would say they would lose in the first round and losing all of their first 3 games but this is NOT the same team from ten years ago or so.

are the pessimists around here forgetting that they made it to the NL championship series last year taking the mets all the way to the 6th game? obviously not.:rolleyes: this is not that same cubs team that was nervous on the big stage who lost in the first round losing al of their first 3 games.:rolleyes: this team not only has an excellent chance of making it but winning it all as well.

They are also not aware as well that they have said themselves that they followed the same path my Royals have who turned things around and were in the last two world series.:lmao::lol:

so for you pessimists who cant remember what happened last year,you two who put in your vote they will lose in the first round,both need to get off the crack you been smoking and put that pipe down the fact you both dont even remember what they did last year.:rolleyes-41::rolleyes::lmao::rofl:

i see there is a vote for they will win the whole thing now.I am thinking that could very well be the case as well now.They are on pace to win over a 100 games,this is not the same team from tean years ago that chocked once they got there.

They are due.
you must have been the one that put in the vote for undefeated. I am thinking that is more and more of a realistic possibility.I said at the get go they would make it the series just not win i though.

The fools that put in a vote that they will lose in the first round need to get off the pot they been smoking. If this was the team from like 10 years ago where pinella was the manager,then yeah,I would say they would lose in the first round and losing all of their first 3 games but this is NOT the same team from ten years ago or so.

are the pessimists around here forgetting that they made it to the NL championship series last year taking the mets all the way to the 6th game? obviously not.:rolleyes: this is not that same cubs team that was nervous on the big stage who lost in the first round losing al of their first 3 games.:rolleyes: this team not only has an excellent chance of making it but winning it all as well.

They are also not aware as well that they have said themselves that they followed the same path my Royals have who turned things around and were in the last two world series.:lmao::lol:

so for you pessimists who cant remember what happened last year,you two who put in your vote they will lose in the first round,both need to get off the crack you been smoking and put that pipe down the fact you both dont even remember what they did last year.:rolleyes-41::rolleyes::lmao::rofl:
It is their time. They deserve it I hope they get in there and do the job!

I'd like to see the Cubs win and finally get that 108 year old monkey off their backs

But I have seen better teams get knocked off in the playoffs. I suspect this may not be their year

Forum List

Back