Disrespectful Players

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
If I was the owner of a sports team, any team, be it football, baseball or whatever, when the National Anthem was played, if a player did not stand, face the flag, and put his hand over his heart, I would bench that player for the entire game. I think it's pretty shameful for players not to do the proper thing when they play the National Anthem. I think it's rude and an insult to the country that "gives" you the ability to enjoy the freedom you enjoy and the ability to make the living you do by playing your sport. A lot of people died to give you this freedom. It's time to demand respect if a player decides he is above rendering it.

Every time you buy a ticket you are paying the players. Every time you buy something these players endorse you pay the player.

Stop paying the players.

If they act in accordance with the terms of their contract there is little recourse for the owner to do anything. Further, is this not why we have certain freedoms in this country?

Yes, it’s very "rude" to engage in a behavior that questions the power structure, always has been considered so by the power structure, I mean hey, N Korea, China, the old Soviet Union? No "rudeness" allowed, surely that's who we should emulate. Also very "rude" to act upon the freedom do voice dissent after being programmed all our lives to accept we are the only folks on the planet with that freedom. How dare we, bow to power and submit.

Even as a child I understood forcing kids to repeat something like the pledge of allegiance was a propaganda tool. I gave up supporting professional sports or even watching it on TV for this very reason; endless homages to corporate state power.

If I was the owner of a sports team, any team, be it football, baseball or whatever, when the National Anthem was played, if a player did not stand, face the flag, and put his hand over his heart, I would bench that player for the entire game. I think it's pretty shameful for players not to do the proper thing when they play the National Anthem. I think it's rude and an insult to the country that "gives" you the ability to enjoy the freedom you enjoy and the ability to make the living you do by playing your sport. A lot of people died to give you this freedom. It's time to demand respect if a player decides he is above rendering it.
Now about those people who fly the flag of a traitorous rebellion...

Players have been fined for things like wearing their socks too low. I don't think it is outrageous to ask them to at least stand quietly during the National Anthem. If they want to express their dislike for the flag, they can do so off the field. When they are on the field they are part of a team and are obligated to obey team rules.

Well, I guess that would explain why you don't own a sports franchise then. . . . :badgrin:

This isn't about the rainbow rag.

This isn't about the rainbow rag.

Some us us can keep up, we know exactly what he means, my guess is you do too, which is why we see your reflexive response.

If they act in accordance with the terms of their contract there is little recourse for the owner to do anything. Further, is this not why we have certain freedoms in this country?

Will your boss let you protest at work, wearing the company brand?

yeah lets all be blind sheep and sing the national anthem and sing the biggest lie ever invented-"the land of the free" when the FACTS are it is the land of the oppressed the fact politicians get away with crimes everyday WE go to jail for.Lets salute the military for them going off starting wars with other countires and killing innocent civialins.lets do that. Lets all salute a country that suppresses minorities and invades our rights spying on us with corrupt agencies like the CIA,FBL,NSA,ect ect.yeah baby:thup:

Will your boss let you protest at work, wearing the company brand?
I am the boss and the answer is absolutely not, but, that is discussed during the interview process and thereafter before events.

Let's see what happens if fans start boycotting the games and TV ratings go down. Plus fans avoid products of the sponsors when they are displeased. It's all about money and the people making money for the games won't bite the bullet for the demonstrators.

Let's see what happens if fans start boycotting the games and TV ratings go down. Plus fans avoid products of the sponsors when they are displeased. It's all about money and the people making money for the games won't bite the bullet for the demonstrators.
That is the recourse IMO. Screw the owners they want my money. The players want my money....I want respect for the flag I put my ass on the line to defend when I volunteered to serve my country.

If ownership allows it then it's fine, if not then they need to deal with the player.

B8z1Ye0IgAAFCeC.jpg

Forum List

Back