Will the Trump Stock Market crash equal Bush’s?

The crash won't be nearly as bad as the Bush depression. Bush's "American Dream Act" exploded subprime lending & inflated prices. Then the great crash happened 2 years later when the subprimes defaulted & banks could no longer hide the problem.

Trump deficits are the largest in history, so the US dollar & government may crash, but hard telling if market will crash or layoffs will happen. Tariffs only harm exporters. China products actually became cheaper from slower demand due to tariffs. We may continue to increase employment here for some time as long as we can prevent another job killing recession..

Oh, so Bush started the subprime lending?

Lie much?
Yes!!!

drecon_0912.png

You're right, Clinton's mandate that Fannie and Freddie buy 50% subprime mortgages dindu nuffin.
Bush & Repubtards Fault 100%

Last edited:
The crash won't be nearly as bad as the Bush depression. Bush's "American Dream Act" exploded subprime lending & inflated prices. Then the great crash happened 2 years later when the subprimes defaulted & banks could no longer hide the problem.

Trump deficits are the largest in history, so the US dollar & government may crash, but hard telling if market will crash or layoffs will happen. Tariffs only harm exporters. China products actually became cheaper from slower demand due to tariffs. We may continue to increase employment here for some time as long as we can prevent another job killing recession..

Lie much?
Yes!!!

drecon_0912.png

You're right, Clinton's mandate that Fannie and Freddie buy 50% subprime mortgages dindu nuffin.
Bush & Repubtards Fault 100%

Clinton's 50% mandate didn't expand the market for subprime mortgages?

Are you sure?

This market stands on a firm foundation of low unemployment...higher savings...lower household debt.....even the evil dems can't mess it up.....

Lie much?
Yes!!! - You LIE!!!

drecon_0912.png

Subprime lending was "legalized" in 1969. Are you claiming George W. Bush was president in 1969. Perhaps you mean the bundling of mortgages into marketable securities through MBS? Nope, that started in the 80's by Solomon Brothers. Hmmm, maybe you mean CRA? Nope, 1978 for that one. I will say this, the MBS as a means of profiting from CRA took off at the end of the '90's. Mostly because Clinton VASTLY expanded Carter's CRA idiocy. Then Bear Stearns went BIG with CDO's. The biggest issue here is that you are EXTREMELY ignorant and stepped into a minefield by challenging someone who actually knows the subject at hand.

I think you probably just made your graph up, it's meaningless.

[

Well, it DID give us a REALLY nifty new acronym, "collateralized debt obligation." I mean, it sounds SO COOL, Dude, I just invested in a CDO? WOW, that sounds AWESOME, Uh, what is a CDO? Well, banks take toxic mortgages from people who have no ability to repay and mix those with legitimate securities in a bundle, then give them a AAA rating and sell them to the unsuspecting - fucking brilliant... :thup:

You mean the stock market crash that happened as soon as the meat puppet faggot became the nominee, or the one after it was elected POTUS? Or the one after Nanzi Pillousy became speaker?
The one engineered by democrat Franklin Raines when he threatened banks into giving out sub prime loans.

The one engineered by democrat Franklin Raines when he threatened banks into giving out sub prime loans.

Don't underestimate the greed factor. The banks were taking in billions from the subprimes by bundling them into MBS and then insidiously into CDO's, giving them the illusion of legitimacy.
And the rating agencies were rating lower grade mortgages as higher grade.

At the end of the day blame goes all around, but the most serious and egregious errors occurred in the 2000's. As a 2 term president Bush is most responsible and in charge of oversight of all the aforementioned CDOs, mortgage industry, rating agencies etc.

We all know that if this collapse occurred at the end of a 2 term democrat you would be blaming them, funny how that works... Nobody said being president is easy, but in the end Bush was the President and he is most responsible.

The problem is the GOP can't take personal responsibility for anything. Everything is always somebody else's fault with the GOP. Republicans care more about party than America and will never stand up, man up, and take personal responsibility for their failures and change their policies. Look now Trump has the same policies of massive tax cuts and massive spending bills. We get a little pop in the economy, but we are so much more worse off down the road. You can't run a country this way, it's totally unsustainable.

Let's not forget that Bush inherited a projected budget surplus and squandered that on a do nothing massive tax cut where the benefits predominantly went to the ultra wealthy, passed massive spending bills, and had what we will kindly call the Iraq war mishap...

Don't underestimate the greed factor. The banks were taking in billions from the subprimes by bundling them into MBS and then insidiously into CDO's, giving them the illusion of legitimacy.

At the end of the day blame goes all around, but the most serious and egregious errors occurred in the 2000's. As a 2 term president Bush is most responsible and in charge of oversight of all the aforementioned CDOs, mortgage industry, rating agencies etc.

We all know that if this collapse occurred at the end of a 2 term democrat you would be blaming them, funny how that works... Nobody said being president is easy, but in the end Bush was the President and he is most responsible.

The problem is the GOP can't take personal responsibility for anything. Everything is always somebody else's fault with the GOP. Republicans care more about party than America and will never stand up, man up, and take personal responsibility for their failures and change their policies. Look now Trump has the same policies of massive tax cuts and massive spending bills. We get a little pop in the economy, but we are so much more worse off down the road. You can't run a country this way, it's totally unsustainable.

Let's not forget that Bush inherited a projected budget surplus and squandered that on a do nothing massive tax cut where the benefits predominantly went to the ultra wealthy, passed massive spending bills, and had what we will kindly call the Iraq war mishap...

Let's not forget that Bush inherited a projected budget surplus

If only the Internet Bubble had continued for another decade...…...

Either way he still devastated the budget with his big spending and big give away policies... but I guess that goes back to that taking personal responsibility for your failures/mistakes thing I mentioned, which we know you'll never do.

It's easier for you to just blame somebody else.

Either way he still devastated the budget with his big spending and big give away policies... but I guess that goes back to that taking personal responsibility for your failures/mistakes thing I mentioned, which we know you'll never do.

but I guess that goes back to that taking personal responsibility for your failures/mistakes thing I mentioned, which we know you'll never do.

I'll never take personal responsibility for Bush's big spending?

Why would I?

but I guess that goes back to that taking personal responsibility for your failures/mistakes thing I mentioned, which we know you'll never do.

Why would I?
We know you will never criticize anybody that has an R next to their name... It's much easier for you to blame the other party...

Why would I?
We know you will never criticize anybody that has an R next to their name... It's much easier for you to blame the other party...

Bush spent waaay too fucking much.

Do you still need the definition of "personal responsibility"?

Why would I?

Wow!! see was that so hard???

Maybe now you'll start to understand how all this economics stuff works...
Baby steps...

Why would I?

Baby steps...

Still waiting for you to understand "personal responsibility".

Why would I?

Baby steps...

If you need me to clear up any more of your confusion, I'm always glad to help.

Why would I?

Baby steps...

Let's see if you are ready to graduate middle school and move on to high school...
So now you are ready to admit that while blame goes to many people, the Bush administration, as a 2 term Admin and in charge of the entire US of A... with a GOP Congress for the first 6 years, is most responsible for the most epic collapse since the Great Depression?

Why would I?

Baby steps...

Let's see if you are ready to graduate middle school and move on to high school...
So now you are ready to admit that while blame goes to many people, the Bush administration, as a 2 term Admin and in charge of the entire US of A... with a GOP Congress for the first 6 years, is most responsible for the most epic collapse since the Great Depression?

Plenty of blame to go around.
Clinton for making Fannie and Freddie buy 50% subprime.
Bush for raising the mandate to 55%. Greenspan can take some blame
for cutting rates too much before Y2K. Dems for pushing mortgages for
poor people. Bush for going along.

Not to mention human nature......bubbles happen.
Under Dems, under Republicans. With the Fed, before the Fed.
Under a gold standard, under fiat.
In the US, in other countries...….no one is immune.

Baby steps...

Plenty of blame to go around.
Clinton for making Fannie and Freddie buy 50% subprime.
Bush for raising the mandate to 55%. Greenspan can take some blame
for cutting rates too much before Y2K. Dems for pushing mortgages for
poor people. Bush for going along.

Not to mention human nature......bubbles happen.
Under Dems, under Republicans. With the Fed, before the Fed.
Under a gold standard, under fiat.
In the US, in other countries...….no one is immune.
NOPE! He's not ready for Highschool yet!

Here's the first tip. The most epic economic collapse since the great depression has a lot more causes than just subprime mortgages and lending to poor people. A LOT MORE. A lot more. I can always tell the simpletons when they think that the Great recession was caused by "Clinton making em lend to the poor" Once you figure that out, you will then know more about the great Bush Collapse, economics, policy etc etc. You do realize that plenty of middleclass people and people with fine credit, and even upper middle class people lost their homes/went bust. In addition AIG and other insurance companies went bust and the banks that required the bailout etc etc. Many many many more causes than what you just stated.
Sorry bud, but you have a lot more studying to do.

I still have never met a single republican that can admit reality about the Bush collapse. When you are a 2 term president with 6 years of a GOP Congress you are the most responsible person/party for the Great Recession. Plus look at all the myriad of causes in addition to "lending to the poor" The Right just can't do it... They can't admit it... Either you people are too stupid to understand, or there is something in your blood that causes you to never accept responsibility for your mistakes in life, whether they are by you directly or the stupid political party that you support with cultish undying loyalty no matter what.
Just lie and deny, that's why you love Trump so much I think.

Why would I?

Baby steps...

I get that you're a partisan hack above all, but you seem to have some idea, though scant, of how the market works. So tell me, what exactly did Bush do, particularly in his second term, that precipitated the bubble and the bursting of it? Did Bush cause CDO's to be rated AAA despite being loaded with toxic mortgages? Did Bush cause these to be sold on the open market as legitimate securities?

Seriously, you talk shit, but it's all partisan lies, while it appears you know better. Do you really have such low integrity?

Forum List

Back