Will the GOP personal responsibility crowd take the blame for their election debacle?

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
So far, I'm not hearing it.

To this point, the GOP (and their supporters) seem to be blaming everyone but themselves for their poor election performance in both the presidential race and numerous Senate races across the country.

Here's a clue for some people. If you demand that other people take personal responsibility, you're pretty much required to take personal responsibility yourself.

Step UP, conservatives! It's time to blame yourselves for your poor election results!

How was it a debacle? Romney lost but is was close,the Repubs kept the house,and the dems effectively improved by just a few seats overall

Much more of a wash it is no different today then it was on Nov.5 we have exactly what we had.

Now if the Repubs have lost the house you could use that term,but that didn't happen now did it.

Unitl republicans catch up with changing demographics, social issues and real life with real people, they will continue to have problems winning!

How was it a debacle? Romney lost but is was close,the Repubs kept the house,and the dems effectively improved by just a few seats overall

Much more of a wash it is no different today then it was on Nov.5 we have exactly what we had.

Now if the Repubs have lost the house you could use that term,but that didn't happen now did it.

It wasn't even close to being close.

With a bad economy, Obama only failed to recapture 2 states from his 2008 victory, and they were traditionally red states. And the electoral count for those not paying attention was O-332, R-206.

As for the Senate, the Dems picked up 2 seats (counting the Independent seat won by former Maine Gov, Angus King, despite the fact that the Dems were defending twice as many seats as Republicans.

Well?

Has even ONE conservative elected office holder, or GOP official, or RW radio host come forward to take at least partial responsibility for this electoral debacle?

Certainly, SOMEONE must have heard one of them step up to take personal responsibility.

Actually, I have heard one well-known conservative public person say that this is a self-inflicted wound, but this person will likely be virtually a lone voice crying in the wilderness of conservative extremists who would prefer to scapegoat virtually anyone and everyone rather than take a good long hard look in the political mirror.

Question is this: Will the disparate GOP personalities and groups turn on one another?

They are all hiding out which I'm sure you've noticed, awaiting orders from fox and their propaganda masters on how they are suppose to feel about their spanking.

Thinking for themselves isn't something the right wingers have the capabilities of doing.

Yeah right, when repubs lose their answer is be more conservative. It's their version of "more cowbells". They'll continue to encourage more of the same losing ideology. That's how they think...Hannity is crying right now about doubling down. It's as predictable as the sun rising

They are all hiding out which I'm sure you've noticed, awaiting orders from fox and their propaganda masters on how they are suppose to feel about their spanking.

Thinking for themselves isn't something the right wingers have the capabilities of doing.

They're probably cooking up some lame voter fraud explanation.

Frankly, what's more remarkable about this nationwide Democratic win is the fact that all that secret donor Super PAC money didn't seem to have the intended effect that one would expect as far as influencing the final outcome of the vote in favor of the candidates who benefited from all that money being spent on their campaigns. I have to admit that is had me concerned.

In my humble opinion, I think that people just got increasingly fed up with being disrespected and lied to, repeatedly, by the GOP and their surrogates. And voting was their only way of expressing that sentiment.

Unitl republicans catch up with changing demographics, social issues and real life with real people, they will continue to have problems winning!

omg...loony leftwingers are now telling us what WE need to do like they are THE REAL PEOPLE who knows the REAL LIFE

I guess WE should all now jump on that ABORTION bandwagon

shame on us

seems a lot of them have vanished :dunno:

Nope. WHen they succeed, its theirs and theirs alone credit. When they fail, its your fault.

omg...loony leftwingers are now telling us what WE need to do like they are THE REAL PEOPLE who knows the REAL LIFE

I guess WE should all now jump on that ABORTION bandwagon

shame on us

No you dont have to do that. But you'll slowly lose elections on a more frequent basis. Times are changing. We went to war and killed millions of our fellow citizens in an attempt to keep slaverly legal. Thats how strongly some people believed in that law.

Laws change as society changes.

seems a lot of them have vanished :dunno:

Probably running around out in the woods dressed in cammies. After maneuvers, they come back into the bivouac area to watch a DVD of Red Dawn (shouting USA, USA) while cooking packets of freeze dried food insurance packets purchased from one of their favorite talk radio sponsors.

Then, later, as the evening winds down, and somebody breaks out the PBRs and the pork rinds, the treasurer of the group will tell everyone what the current spot price is for gold as everyone stands while some plays a cassette tape of Lee Greenwood singing "I'm Proud to be an American" in the background while the upside down American flag is lowered for the night.

sb5uvq.jpg

I really need a scapegoat right about now.

geezus.....this is why this Country is spinning its wheels.....people who "think" like this on the Left and Right.....

So far, I'm not hearing it.

To this point, the GOP (and their supporters) seem to be blaming everyone but themselves for their poor election performance in both the presidential race and numerous Senate races across the country.

Here's a clue for some people. If you demand that other people take personal responsibility, you're pretty much required to take personal responsibility yourself.

Step UP, conservatives! It's time to blame yourselves for your poor election results!

Will Obama and the Democrats take responsibility for what happens in his second term both the good and the bad or will they still Blame Bush for the bad? It's well past time for them to step up.

Forum List

Back