Will the GOP personal responsibility crowd take the blame for their election debacle?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    So far, I'm not hearing it.

To this point, the GOP (and their supporters) seem to be blaming everyone but themselves for their poor election performance in both the presidential race and numerous Senate races across the country.

Here's a clue for some people. If you demand that other people take personal responsibility, you're pretty much required to take personal responsibility yourself.

Step UP, conservatives! It's time to blame yourselves for your poor election results!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. chikenwing

chikenwing Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,960
    How was it a debacle? Romney lost but is was close,the Repubs kept the house,and the dems effectively improved by just a few seats overall

Much more of a wash it is no different today then it was on Nov.5 we have exactly what we had.

Now if the Repubs have lost the house you could use that term,but that didn't happen now did it.

3. courseofhistory

courseofhistory BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Unitl republicans catch up with changing demographics, social issues and real life with real people, they will continue to have problems winning!

4. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    It wasn't even close to being close.

With a bad economy, Obama only failed to recapture 2 states from his 2008 victory, and they were traditionally red states. And the electoral count for those not paying attention was O-332, R-206.

As for the Senate, the Dems picked up 2 seats (counting the Independent seat won by former Maine Gov, Angus King, despite the fact that the Dems were defending twice as many seats as Republicans.

5. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    Well?

Has even ONE conservative elected office holder, or GOP official, or RW radio host come forward to take at least partial responsibility for this electoral debacle?

Certainly, SOMEONE must have heard one of them step up to take personal responsibility.

Actually, I have heard one well-known conservative public person say that this is a self-inflicted wound, but this person will likely be virtually a lone voice crying in the wilderness of conservative extremists who would prefer to scapegoat virtually anyone and everyone rather than take a good long hard look in the political mirror.

Question is this: Will the disparate GOP personalities and groups turn on one another?

6. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    They are all hiding out which I'm sure you've noticed, awaiting orders from fox and their propaganda masters on how they are suppose to feel about their spanking.

Thinking for themselves isn't something the right wingers have the capabilities of doing.

7. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,303
    Yeah right, when repubs lose their answer is be more conservative. It's their version of "more cowbells". They'll continue to encourage more of the same losing ideology. That's how they think...Hannity is crying right now about doubling down. It's as predictable as the sun rising

8. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,805
    They're probably cooking up some lame voter fraud explanation.

Frankly, what's more remarkable about this nationwide Democratic win is the fact that all that secret donor Super PAC money didn't seem to have the intended effect that one would expect as far as influencing the final outcome of the vote in favor of the candidates who benefited from all that money being spent on their campaigns. I have to admit that is had me concerned.

In my humble opinion, I think that people just got increasingly fed up with being disrespected and lied to, repeatedly, by the GOP and their surrogates. And voting was their only way of expressing that sentiment.

9. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    omg...loony leftwingers are now telling us what WE need to do like they are THE REAL PEOPLE who knows the REAL LIFE

I guess WE should all now jump on that ABORTION bandwagon

shame on us

10. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,312
    seems a lot of them have vanished :dunno: