"Will Russian race-baiting.unit

Bismark

Rookie
Sep 29, 2017
This was the question Smerconish was asking his radio listeners on POTUS this morning, and wisely, most callers said "no". But no one wanted to get their hands dirty by digging into the real reason for that.

The real reason is actually many real reasons. A few spring to mind:

Much of the Trump movement springs from a deep and dark fear many white Americans have that, as their birth rates fall and non-whites move into the vacuums left behind, that their children and grandchildren will be persecuted for being white. Which is actually an understandable (given humanity's history of unrelenting ignorance and barbarity), but hopefully unrealistic fear.

Meanwhile, (modern) black activists (the fake Russian group was called Blacktivist, by the way) have never really been able to sell their case to the American people at large. They ruined their reputation for honesty right out the gate with Michael Brown and continued to wield pathos-driven, data-weak arguments, which were continually regurgitated in the media. To do so much as ask for better science on the subject was decried as racist ignorance. But pathos is enough to sway the stupid masses. In the Trump camp, it is fear and resentment toward the accusers. In the black American corner, it's a simmering rage and resentment toward the oppressors. Neither can talk to the other because both feel under attack. And Trump supporters prefer Russians to black Americans because they see Russia as the last hope for the White race, after Western Europe was supposedly overrun with brown savages.

Which leads me to my next point; the refusal by blacks and Muslims to admit their community/cultural problems and talk about solutions is damning to cooperation. We are acting like blacks do not have a disproportionate crime problem (which might explain some of that police brutality), or that Muslims don't make up the overwhelming majority of terrorists in the world today, not to mention events like Rotherham or the New Years sexual assaults in Cologne, that cause people to fear them. It's just Islamophobia. Whites refuse to admit that race is more important to them than they let on. "I'm color-blind; I have black friends!" Most importantly, everyone loves to selectively talk about problems that affect them, but no one has any serious solutions.

Russian trolls won't unite America because nothing truly can. Diversity of race and religion are weaknesses, not strengths. Well, I think it's appropriate to say that diversity could be a strength in a perfect world, but humans are far too stupid and illogical to make efficient use of differences, so differences become burdens instead.

Forum List

Back