Will Republicans and the Tea Party save us?

since President's bush's last fiscal budget, the Dems have only raised the actual budget by 5 billion, from what I've heard....which is very little...basically holding the actual budget flat, with no increases....the extra above budget spending has been on Stimulus....$300 billion of it going towards unemployment payments....are the repubs going to cut paying unemployment? What is it that the tea party will cut in order to reduce the deficit and start paying down the debt, and where are they going to get this money from?

Obama's first Budget started 10/1/09....his first years's fiscal butget has not even ended yet....he will end his first year's budget on sept 30, 2010 and will have a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit....so he has added 100 billion to President Bush's last budget which had a $1.5 TRILLION dollar deficit.

Your $3 trillion attributed to Obama and HIS budget is simply not true...but keep on telling the lie....it sounds good to ya, I suppose and is what you want others to believe....

non- truths don't sit well with me....Oreo.

I've read similar comments from you quite a bit. Are you aware that Congress never appropriated Bush's FY 2009 budget? The spending was enacted by Congress using the 2009 Omnibus Appropriations Act and other measures.

You noted the stimulus spending, which was not included in any of the budgets but has certainly added to the deficit.

President Bush's last budget was FY 2008, President Obama got to hit the ground running and set spending priorities right away.

You ask what the Republicans are going to do, I hope they will put the brakes on this failure of Keynesian Economics and not fund Obamacare.

Care practices the "seagull" approach to posting: Fly in, dump a bunch of crap, and fly out again.
You'll never get a coherent argument. She isn't capable of one. Just a bunch of disconnected factoids and sound bites.

Do you really believe that when the Republicans or conservatives take control of congress that they will save you or save this country?

Do you really believe that they will reduce the deficit to zero in 12 months?

Do you really believe that you can sit back and be relieved that your party is now in control?

How long will you give your party to fix everything? 1- 18 months, like you gave Obama?

What do you expect to change by having Republicans in control...I'd like to know....I'd like to know what you expect to happen when they have the power again, and how long you give them to fix all of our woes....?

Gridlock... Gridlock is good when "one party rule" feels that spending money we don't have is the answer...

Give me gridlock to stop the bleeding...

Do you really believe that when the Republicans or conservatives take control of congress that they will save you or save this country?

Do you really believe that you can sit back and be relieved that your party is now in control?

How long will you give your party to fix everything? 1- 18 months, like you gave Obama?

What do you expect to change by having Republicans in control...I'd like to know....I'd like to know what you expect to happen when they have the power again, and how long you give them to fix all of our woes....?

Better than the stupid Dem party, that's for sure. Might as well join the NAZI's as be a Dem nowadays.
There's some of that insightful analysis that this site has been needing!

Me, myself, and I will
:cool:

What do you expect from them, when they take Control of congress? Do you expect them to cut the budget? do you expect them to reduce the deficit? do you expect them to pay off the National Debt without ever raising taxes? Do you expect Bonner to never play golf again? Do you expect them to create jobs, without spending a penny?

What is it that you expect to happen to this country
I don't expect anything from my government.
These numbskulls have no clue on how to balance a ledger. They've never even had to balance a checkbook.
Our debt is their fault. The majority of congress have been in position from then until now. They ALL dug this hole and it's obvious that they don't care to pick up a shovel to help us out of it.
I don't expect government to create jobs, but I do expect them to create an environment that is conducive to job creation. They don't need to spend money to create jobs.
Americans are sick and tired of big government throwing money at everything. You say that our budget has increased by only $5mil. That's really easy to accomplish when they take the money straight out of our pockets to fund their favorite entitlement program.
I expect government to allow us to *pursue* happiness. I do not expect them to provide it to me. No one has the right to be free from failure.
The majority of the "new blood" Congress will be taking their seats with their orders in hand.
They know that they got this job because citizens were tired of their representatives not listening to them and they need to realize that they won't keep their job if they start to slip in to that same behavior.

I realize all of that sounded like I'm a "teabagger", but I frankly don't care what someone thinks. While I don't consider myself one, I do empathize with their points.
I'm just an American that is sick and tired of career politicians making decisions based on which lobby or PAC has paid the most rather than their constituents' wishes.
I couldn't care less if their is an R or a D after their name. It's the I for 'incumbent' I'm looking at.
If you watch these recent upsets closely, that's exactly what's happening there also.

Enjoy your weekend

So, who's in favor of a new convention and the adoption of the neo-Articles of Confederation?
It seems the new right, aka the tea party, believes our federal government is tyranical and our founding fathers didn't have the right stuff, but Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich do.
I can't believe more than 10% of the voting public believes this faction of the Republican Party are capable of governance.
Time will tell, those who truly love our country will shun populism and radicalism as they have done in the past. Neither Strom Thurman nor George Wallace were able to move our nation to the far right; I doubt any of the 'leaders' of the tea party movement have any idea how to govern even if they are able to establish a coalition in the House or Senate.

Translation:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcM5exDxcc]YouTube - Nullification: Interview with a Zombie[/ame]

Wow, that's brave. Posting a home movie.

Nothing will change.

They will offer tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts, of course, because that's all they know, but will offer little in the way of spending cuts, other than repealing healthcare reform perhaps, and maybe something trite like some cuts in 2016 or something when it doesn't matter.

The Republicans of the past 30 years have done absolutely nothing whatsoever to make us believe that they can control the deficit. Republicans used to be fiscally responsible decades ago but not since they swallowed that Laffer Curve bullshit.

If they do, then I'll give them credit, but I haven't seen anything except empty rhetoric.

Me, myself, and I will

What do you expect from them, when they take Control of congress? Do you expect them to cut the budget? do you expect them to reduce the deficit? do you expect them to pay off the National Debt without ever raising taxes? Do you expect Bonner to never play golf again? Do you expect them to create jobs, without spending a penny?

What is it that you expect to happen to this country
I don't expect anything from my government.
These numbskulls have no clue on how to balance a ledger. They've never even had to balance a checkbook.
Our debt is their fault. The majority of congress have been in position from then until now. They ALL dug this hole and it's obvious that they don't care to pick up a shovel to help us out of it.
I don't expect government to create jobs, but I do expect them to create an environment that is conducive to job creation. They don't need to spend money to create jobs.
Americans are sick and tired of big government throwing money at everything. You say that our budget has increased by only $5mil. That's really easy to accomplish when they take the money straight out of our pockets to fund their favorite entitlement program.
I expect government to allow us to *pursue* happiness. I do not expect them to provide it to me. No one has the right to be free from failure.
The majority of the "new blood" Congress will be taking their seats with their orders in hand.
They know that they got this job because citizens were tired of their representatives not listening to them and they need to realize that they won't keep their job if they start to slip in to that same behavior.

I realize all of that sounded like I'm a "teabagger", but I frankly don't care what someone thinks. While I don't consider myself one, I do empathize with their points.
I'm just an American that is sick and tired of career politicians making decisions based on which lobby or PAC has paid the most rather than their constituents' wishes.
I couldn't care less if their is an R or a D after their name. It's the I for 'incumbent' I'm looking at.
If you watch these recent upsets closely, that's exactly what's happening there also.

Enjoy your weekend

First, there are a few on this board that are supporting the Tea Party for ideological reasons that I respect and I support their reasoning....not all of them, but some of them....so being a supporter of the tea Party, for me, if you did support them....this does not put you in to some negative category, ok?

Here's where I see some problems lie....

New Blood, can be taken for granted as GOOD BLOOD when it could be just more BAD BLOOD....

I believe many on here are doing such, as long as they do NOT INSIST on being told what this new blood is going to do to straighten out our messes, IN WRITING and sealed in blood.;)

We can't just elect these people based on campaign promises or because they are someone new, we need to review what it is that they suggest needs changing and how they plan to change it....then hold them to it.

Our problem lies with campaign donations imho and I do not think that money is "free speech", as the SC has ruled...I think we need to just have gvt paid campaigns, everyone with the same amount of money, used to get their stances across....

the newbies, will just fall in to the trap of all other congressmen and senators, and make decisions based on what big gun has donated to them, regardless of the money available or not available to spend in the budget or whether it is good for all citizens or just the few..

Care

Agreed.
That's why I want them, even the "new blood", to have term limits...before they can get too deep in the clutches of greed.
I also agree that new doesn't necessarily mean good.
We have to be informed voters.

Forum List

Back