Will Police unions still endorse democrats?

Acceptable risk for Americans to live in America

There's a price for everything

Sorry, guy, 32,000 gun deaths and 78,000 gun industries is too high a price to pay to compensate for your tiny dick.

To live in America you have to accept the risk on a host of nasty things. Most coming out of Washington but lets add that we have guns..... yes...... you live in America and we like our guns.

Guns- Hot Dogs- and Apple Pie

-Geaux

American hot dogs are yummy but lethal. How many fat people die every year? So ban Hotdogs!

Greg

Thank god you are like the tree that falls in the forest

Irrelevant

You wouldn't spend so much time shitting yourself over gun control if you weren't terrified that there will be that shooting that gets people so upset that they finally do something.

I know you're chomping at the bit for that day Joe. Sorry Old man we'll never give them up, and the people will never vote for such

-Geaux

Apologies for that...the post was put up during a "bad gateway" ..."Sutton" should have been "nutters" but how it came out that I have no idea. When I went to check that it posted correctly I couldn't see it: bad gateway.

It is already illegal for nutters to buy guns...

It's already illegal to hire a woman for sex, but the prostitution industry thrives.

There's a difference between being "illegal" and being "Prohibited", that's the point.

the problem is, of course, is that the gun industry has no interest in enforcing the law and has a vested interest in getting around it. That's why there's still a gun show loophole. That's why private sales aren't prohibited.

There's a very, very simple solution to this. Allow the victims of gun violence to sue gun makers and gun sellers. "He came up clear on NICS" is not an excuse. (Just like the IRS doesn't allow, "I talked to someone at your agency" to be an excuse during an audit.)

I promise you, the first few gun shops get put out of business because they sold to Vester Flanagan or Joker Holmes, you will see THEM create something that puts NICS to shame in weeding out the bad actors.

Instead, you have a gun industry that looks at Nancy Lanza arming like the Zombies are coming, and says, "What a great customer" instead of "What a nut!"

How are guns being
used by citizens

in America each year?

how-guns-are-being-used.png

dk-blue.jpg
= homicide + accident + suicide1
lt-blue.jpg
= self defense2

Every year, guns are used over 80x more often to protect a life than to take one!*

guns.png

270 Million
Approx. # of civilian firearms in America3
woman.png

Times a year women use a gun to defend against SEXUAL ABUSE4
crook.png

3/5
polled felons say they won’t mess with an armed victim5

Guns in America | Facts and statistics about firearms in the USA

Apologies for that...the post was put up during a "bad gateway" ..."Sutton" should have been "nutters" but how it came out that I have no idea. When I went to check that it posted correctly I couldn't see it: bad gateway.

It's already illegal to hire a woman for sex, but the prostitution industry thrives.

There's a difference between being "illegal" and being "Prohibited", that's the point.

the problem is, of course, is that the gun industry has no interest in enforcing the law and has a vested interest in getting around it. That's why there's still a gun show loophole. That's why private sales aren't prohibited.

There's a very, very simple solution to this. Allow the victims of gun violence to sue gun makers and gun sellers. "He came up clear on NICS" is not an excuse. (Just like the IRS doesn't allow, "I talked to someone at your agency" to be an excuse during an audit.)

I promise you, the first few gun shops get put out of business because they sold to Vester Flanagan or Joker Holmes, you will see THEM create something that puts NICS to shame in weeding out the bad actors.

Instead, you have a gun industry that looks at Nancy Lanza arming like the Zombies are coming, and says, "What a great customer" instead of "What a nut!"

They have sued and lost. They (Brady Campaign) sued ammo and gun manufactures. They even sued gun manufactures who's gun did not commit the crime. Instead, they proposed for the gun dealers to pay compensation based on market share

The judge threw them out on their ass

-Geaux

What is it in liberals that they don't get that it is illegal to own a gun under a lot of circumstances and yet will happily make very responsible gun owners into criminals for absolutely no reason other than they get warm fuzzies by controlling what decent people can do. By all means lock the nutters away as "dangers to society" and remember the second p[art...GIVE THEM THE TREATMENT THEY NEED.

Greg.

Joe:

If NICS is the problem then FIX IT!!!

If they have illegally sold guns then yes. There is a major problem with crims...and we need to stop them getting guns illegally because they already do. If you say it is too hard then frankly you are wrong!!

Greg

They have sued and lost. They (Brady Campaign) sued ammo and gun manufactures. They even sued gun manufactures who's gun did not commit the crime. Instead, they proposed for the gun dealers to pay compensation based on market share

I think you are a little confused. After the DC Sniper incident, family members sued the guns stores that sold to the snipers (one was a felon and one was a minor) and won a million dollar settlement.

Then Congress went back in and passed a law indemnifying them from future lawsuits.

Overturn that law, all the rancid shit the gun industry does will be actionable. We can sue them out of existence.

If they have illegally sold guns then yes. There is a major problem with crims...and we need to stop them getting guns illegally because they already do. If you say it is too hard then frankly you are wrong!!

No, the problem is the gun industry WANTS the bad guys to have guns.

If the bad guys were really prevented from getting guns,t he good guys wouldn't want them either.

They also don't want to tell you things like a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

NICS isn't the problem, the gun industry is.

How are guns being
used by citizens

in America each year?

Guy, DGU's are a myth. The FBI says that there are only 65,000 DGU's a year, and I even find that number to be inflated.

The FBI also says that there are only 201 homicides a year that are ruled justifiable uses of force by a civilian.

So you would have us believe that gun owners whip out their guns 65,000 to 3 Million times a year, and of those, only 201 of them results in a bad guy in a chalk outline?

That sounds pretty unlikely, especially when you listen to all the gun nuts like Geaux who just can't wait to shoot him a Darkie... He meant a "criminal". Yeah. A "criminal". That's what he meant.

I think you are a little confused. After the DC Sniper incident, family members sued the guns stores that sold to the snipers (one was a felon and one was a minor) and won a million dollar settlement.

Then Congress went back in and passed a law indemnifying them from future lawsuits.

Overturn that law, all the rancid shit the gun industry does will be actionable. We can sue them out of existence.

I'm not confused at all. Dummy

The judge threw them out for the reasons you state

Its unlawful

-Geaux

If the bad guys were really prevented from getting guns,t he good guys wouldn't want them either.

They also don't want to tell you things like a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

You are mything the point again!!!!

* Myth #6 "A homeowner is 43 times as likely to be killed or kill a family member as an intruder"

To suggest that science has proven that defending oneself or one's family with a gun is dangerous, gun prohibitionists repeat Dr. Kellermann's long discredited claim: "a gun owner is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder." [17] This fallacy , fabricated using tax dollars, is one of the most misused slogans of the anti-self-defense lobby.

The honest measure of the protective benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved, and the property protected not Kellermann's burglar or rapist body count. Only 0.1% (1 in a thousand) of the defensive uses of guns results in the death of the predator. [3] Any study, such as Kellermann' "43 times" fallacy, that only counts bodies will expectedly underestimate the benefits of gun a thousand fold. Think for a minute. Would anyone suggest that the only measure of the benefit of law enforcement is the number of people killed by police? Of course not. The honest measure of the benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved by deaths and injuries averted, and the property protected. 65 lives protected by guns for every life lost to a gun. [2]

Kellermann recently downgraded his estimate to "2.7 times," [18] but he persisted in discredited methodology. He used a method that cannot distinguish between "cause" and "effect." His method would be like finding more diet drinks in the refrigerators of fat people and then concluding that diet drinks "cause" obesity.

Also, he studied groups with high rates of violent criminality, alcoholism, drug addiction, abject poverty, and domestic abuse . From such a poor and violent study group he attempted to generalize his findings to normal homes. Interestingly, when Dr. Kellermann was interviewed he stated that, if his wife were attacked, he would want her to have a gun for protection.[19] Apparently, Dr. Kellermann doesn't even believe his own studies.
Nine Myths Of Gun Control

Where do you get these crap stats from? They've been debunked for years.

Greg

How are guns being
used by citizens

in America each year?

Guy, DGU's are a myth. The FBI says that there are only 65,000 DGU's a year, and I even find that number to be inflated.

The FBI also says that there are only 201 homicides a year that are ruled justifiable uses of force by a civilian.

So you would have us believe that gun owners whip out their guns 65,000 to 3 Million times a year, and of those, only 201 of them results in a bad guy in a chalk outline?

That sounds pretty unlikely, especially when you listen to all the gun nuts like Geaux who just can't wait to shoot him a Darkie... He meant a "criminal". Yeah. A "criminal". That's what he meant.

What fraction of homicide victims are actually "innocent children" who strayed into gunfire? Far from being pillars of society, it has been noted that more than two-thirds of gun homicide "victims" are drug traffickers or their customers. [22,23] In one study, 67% of 1990 homicide "victims" had a criminal record, averaging 4 arrests for 11 offenses. [23] These active criminals cost society not only untold human suffering, but also an average economic toll of $400,000 per criminal per year before apprehension and $25,000 per criminal per year while in prison. [24] Because the anti-self-defense lobby repeatedly forces us to examine the issue of "costs," we are forced to notice that, in cutting their violent "careers" short, the gun deaths of those predators and criminals may actually represent an economic savings to society on the order of $4.5 billion annually - three times the declared "costs" of guns. Those annual cost savings are only a small fraction of the total economic savings from guns, because the $4.5 billion does not include the additional savings from innocent lives saved, injuries prevented, medical costs averted, and property protected by guns.

Greg

I'm not confused at all. Dummy

The judge threw them out for the reasons you state

Its unlawful

no, the NRA had to make a special carve out that relatives of people who are killed by a device specifically designed to kill people aren't entitled to damages from the maker.

Thats fucking nuts.

Huh?? You run over a pram when drunk and you can't sue Lada!! What's the big deal.

Greg

Thank god you are like the tree that falls in the forest

Irrelevant

You wouldn't spend so much time shitting yourself over gun control if you weren't terrified that there will be that shooting that gets people so upset that they finally do something.

I realize you are pretty stupid, but I would think that even YOU have realized it by now: we are pointing and laughing at you!

You are mything the point again!!!!

* Myth #6 "A homeowner is 43 times as likely to be killed or kill a family member as an intruder"

To suggest that science has proven that defending oneself or one's family with a gun is dangerous, gun prohibitionists repeat Dr. Kellermann's long discredited claim: "a gun owner is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder." [17] This fallacy , fabricated using tax dollars, is one of the most misused slogans of the anti-self-defense lobby.

The honest measure of the protective benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved, and the property protected not Kellermann's burglar or rapist body count. Only 0.1% (1 in a thousand) of the defensive uses of guns results in the death of the predator. [3] Any study, such as Kellermann' "43 times" fallacy, that only counts bodies will expectedly underestimate the benefits of gun a thousand fold. Think for a minute. Would anyone suggest that the only measure of the benefit of law enforcement is the number of people killed by police? Of course not. The honest measure of the benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved by deaths and injuries averted, and the property protected. 65 lives protected by guns for every life lost to a gun. [2]

Kellermann recently downgraded his estimate to "2.7 times," [18] but he persisted in discredited methodology. He used a method that cannot distinguish between "cause" and "effect." His method would be like finding more diet drinks in the refrigerators of fat people and then concluding that diet drinks "cause" obesity.

Also, he studied groups with high rates of violent criminality, alcoholism, drug addiction, abject poverty, and domestic abuse . From such a poor and violent study group he attempted to generalize his findings to normal homes. Interestingly, when Dr. Kellermann was interviewed he stated that, if his wife were attacked, he would want her to have a gun for protection.[19] Apparently, Dr. Kellermann doesn't even believe his own studies.

Where do you get these crap stats from? They've been debunked for years.

Greg

Simple: he covers his ears and screams his lies louder and louder. Joey is basically a human spambot.

Forum List

Back