*Will Obama Make War On N. Korea When Attacked: Or Will He Puss Out?*

China holds the key to North Korea, not the US

They support their economy, provide for their military and are the only thing keeping them from folding. China needs to be put on notice that we will hold them responsible for North Koreas actions.

China holds the key to North Korea, not the US

They support their economy, provide for their military and are the only thing keeping them from folding. China needs to be put on notice that we will hold them responsible for North Koreas actions.

As if they would care.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Well it looks like the leader of N. Korea, little *Four Eyes*, has done and attacked USA interests.
2. And Obama has so far played it down, what will happen if *Little Four Eyes* attacks our aircraft carrier?
3. Will Obama *Puss Out*, and do nothing?
4. I think he will!
5. Lets debate it!!!
6. Bring it!!!!!
7. Linker and sample:Korean peninsula on brink of war due to drills - North Korea | Reuters

"Reuters) - North Korea said on Friday the South and the United States were pushing the peninsula to "the brink of war" with their plan to conduct large-scale military drills, days after the rival Koreas exchanged artillery fire."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Reuters has it wrong. They have always been at war. Cessation of hostilities in 1953...they've had troops stationed at the 38th paralell since.

Now had they said resumption of hostilities? That would have been more accurate.

1. Seems like the north has been in a war with the south and the south hasn't wanted to join into.
2. I wonder how much more the south is willing to take.
3. And should America be willing to take a hit?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Well it looks like the leader of N. Korea, little *Four Eyes*, has done and attacked USA interests.
2. And Obama has so far played it down, what will happen if *Little Four Eyes* attacks our aircraft carrier?
3. Will Obama *Puss Out*, and do nothing?
4. I think he will!
5. Lets debate it!!!
6. Bring it!!!!!
7. Linker and sample:Korean peninsula on brink of war due to drills - North Korea | Reuters

"Reuters) - North Korea said on Friday the South and the United States were pushing the peninsula to "the brink of war" with their plan to conduct large-scale military drills, days after the rival Koreas exchanged artillery fire."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Bottom line:

What will happen ?

Obamadinejad will complain to China.

China will diffuse the situation.

Result: NKorean shitheads showed that they are relevant. This will also show that China is in control.

1. China may have an interest in N. K. but I honestly don't know what it is.
2. They ask for handouts from China too, I'm sure China is getting tired as well.
3. What duty they own the NK's I do not know.
4. Maybe its just for pride they have any interest in NK.
5. I hear they have very nice slave whores coming from NK, maybe thats it?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You're dead on. North Korea has no natural resources; it offers no geographic advantage either economically or militarily; it has no industry.

For the Chinese, I think it's a matter of getting stuck with a family inheritance. No true value, but for some reason they'll defend it anyway.

Sorry bout that,

Bottom line:

What will happen ?

Obamadinejad will complain to China.

China will diffuse the situation.

Result: NKorean shitheads showed that they are relevant. This will also show that China is in control.

1. China may have an interest in N. K. but I honestly don't know what it is.
2. They ask for handouts from China too, I'm sure China is getting tired as well.
3. What duty they own the NK's I do not know.
4. Maybe its just for pride they have any interest in NK.
5. I hear they have very nice slave whores coming from NK, maybe thats it?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You're dead on. North Korea has no natural resources;

Yes, they do. Uranium. Rare metals that are sought after by electronics manufacturers. Also raw iron and steel.

Also, due to current national borders, they most certainly are in a strategic position for the east asia area. They border Russia, China and South Korea.

North Korea maintains uranium mines with an estimated four million tons of exploitable high-quality uranium ore.

Nuclear Weapons Program - North Korea

This is also why I said it is inevitable that NK would eventually get nukes. They have the natural resources and raw materials, they just didn't have the technology. And thats the easiest part of the equation to obtain.

Easiest being relative of course.

Yea i wouldn't bet on China invading and taking North Korea out but stranger things have happened in the past. An agreement could be reached by China and other interested parties on a swift invasion victory. It might be what's best for China in the end. This really should be China's War in my opinion. They created this Frankenstein and now it's time for them to take him out.

That's not how China sees it ("created a monster").

The issue for China is if they are willing to let NK screw up their bank roll.

They are not.

China has aspirations to be the next Superpower. They aren't going to do that by screwing up their financial situation out of old communists loyalties.

For the Chinese, North Korea is like that uncle who is the source of embarrassment at family gatherings. Although he doesn't listen to advice and continues to get in trouble, he is, after all, still family and the family will continue to bail him out.

Yea i wouldn't bet on China invading and taking North Korea out but stranger things have happened in the past. An agreement could be reached by China and other interested parties on a swift invasion victory. It might be what's best for China in the end. This really should be China's War in my opinion. They created this Frankenstein and now it's time for them to take him out.

That's not how China sees it ("created a monster").

The issue for China is if they are willing to let NK screw up their bank roll.

They are not.

China has aspirations to be the next Superpower. They aren't going to do that by screwing up their financial situation out of old communists loyalties.

For the Chinese, North Korea is like that uncle who is the source of embarrassment at family gatherings. Although he doesn't listen to advice and continues to get in trouble, he is, after all, still family and the family will continue to bail him out.

Yes, they do. Uranium. Rare metals that are sought after by electronics manufacturers. Also raw iron and steel.

Also, due to current national borders, they most certainly are in a strategic position for the east asia area. They border Russia, China and South Korea.

Perhaps I was a bit too hasty with that remark about natural resources. So I'll re-phrase it this way: North Korea has no industry capable of exploiting its own resources. It is a backwards country that has no incentive to compete or thrive in the 21st century. It has virtually no trading partners. It does not play well with others in the international community.

As for strategic positioning, I disagree with you. It offers no direct access to any international shipping lanes. South Korea and Japan have that advantage. North Korea is essentially locked in. From a Chinese perspective, North Korea may be a conduit to South Korea and Japan, but I don't believe the Chinese have any serious plans of taking the South and Japan by military force. They intend to do it through economic power.

Perhaps I was a bit too hasty with that remark about natural resources. So I'll re-phrase it this way: North Korea has no industry capable of exploiting its own resources. It is a backwards country that has no incentive to compete or thrive in the 21st century. It has virtually no trading partners. It does not play well with others in the international community.

As for strategic positioning, I disagree with you. It offers no direct access to any international shipping lanes. South Korea and Japan have that advantage. North Korea is essentially locked in. From a Chinese perspective, North Korea may be a conduit to South Korea and Japan, but I don't believe the Chinese have any serious plans of taking the South and Japan by military force. They intend to do it through economic power.

I was referring to strategic location in a military manner. You're right as far as shipping and trading.

Perhaps I was a bit too hasty with that remark about natural resources. So I'll re-phrase it this way: North Korea has no industry capable of exploiting its own resources. It is a backwards country that has no incentive to compete or thrive in the 21st century. It has virtually no trading partners.

It's one "good" trading partner is China though. Which is why China "keeps them around" (for lack of a better term).

China gets highly valuable rare metals for cheap.

"There's also the costs/profits of reunification of the Korean peninsula to consider:

"The Rand Corporation estimates the cost of Korean reunification at $50 billion, Credit Suisse insists $1.5 trillion is the expense, and Stanford fellow Peter M. Beck posits an alarmist $2-$5 trillion.

"Question: Who's got that kind of cash?

"Answer: North Korean mines. 360 minerals are sequestered in the Hermit Kingdom's caves, many trapped by flooding and NK's [North Korea's] appalling infrastructure.

"Billions of tons of coal, iron, zinc, magnesite, nickel, uranium, tungsten, phosphate, graphite, gold, silver, mercury, sulfur, limestone, copper, manganese, molybdenum... worth an estimated $2-$6 trillion (Goldman Sach's figure is $2.5 trillion).

"Reunification could be entirely paid for by these mines, perhaps with change left over.

"It appears that (SK President) Lee would prefer to treat northern Korea as the low-wage, resource-rich hinterland that powers the West-oriented-export economy of a united and pro-US Korea - rather than China's Shandong.

"China would also prefer an independent or at least autonomous successor regime with an Asian-authoritative tinge to arise in Pyongyang under Beijing's tutelage, one that would not look to Seoul for advantage - or enhance South Korea's military heft and diplomatic pretensions in the region."

China might also be concerned about the unlikely reunification scenario that sees the combined armed forces of North and South Korea result in a UK army of 10,000,000 troops.

Peter Lee

I was referring to strategic location in a military manner. You're right as far as shipping and trading.

Well, I don't want to get wrapped around the axle over semantics. My point is that there really isn't a whole lot in North Korea worth risking a major regional war over for the Chinese, US, Japanese, or Koreans. However, interestingly enough, it still remains a powder keg that could trigger exactly that.

China holds the cards but really has no direct control over the North.

What we need here is precise, clear-cut communication between the US and China so that we don't find ourselves in another shooting war for all the wrong reasons. I don't think Obama is foolish enough to get us tangled in a shooting war; however, what I fear most is him doing something that may appear to make him look tough but may be misinterpreted by the Chinese as provocative.

The thread title reflects narrow thinking. I'm afraid that in the aftermath of the mid-term elections, Obama might fall prey to that type of thinking. This is no time for showboating. It is a time for frank and open discussions. I think the Chinese are willing to do just that. We shouldn't trust them because I think they'll take advantage of any opportunities, but talking it out is still the better way to go.

Westerners look at things in the short term, the Chinese have patience and a long term outlook. What is China's most enduring objective? It is not becoming a superpower, it is not conquering N. Korea, it is regaining Taiwan. Everything China does is a step to accomplishing this objective. They do not seek a dominating blue water navy, yes they are building one aircraft carrier, but their whole approach is to dominate the southeastern Asian area and to enable a takeover of Taiwan. An aircraft carrier task force costs an enormous amount of money to build and operate and only takes one missile to sink. The cost Benefit ratio is not there for the Chinese.

How does this relate to North Korea? To the Chinese they are a pawn in accomplishing their objective. North Korea does have independent thoughts and actions but they are also beholden to the Chinese for food and fuel. Without those two items the country would fall apart and their military could not move. So the Chinese can control Korea to a certain extent. They don’t want the country to fall apart because of the potential refuge problem they would face in their bordering area. But the Chinese want the North Koreans to be a potential threat to counter the US interests in S. Korea and Japan. It keeps our attention on them not Taiwan. Eventually, when the Chinese have finished upgrading their military and missile systems they will move on Taiwan and they will goad the North Koreans to attack South Korea at this time to force the US to respond to the Korean war and stay out of Taiwan. We do not have a treaty with Taiwan to protect them and even if we did the Korean war would take priority.

This would also force the American Government to think about boycotting China products because of the invasion but because of the interlocking aspects of our economies any response would be limited and muted. We would stay away from the Taiwan issue and concentrate on Korea. It is a complicated area but the Chinese have a plan and the patience to see it carried out. This is why the current spat is just that, a minor skirmish. It will lead to some posturing and maybe a few more small incidents but that is all.

Last edited:
How did the Chinese respond to Kim Dae jung's "sunshine policy?

Are their designs on Taiwan enhanced by a reunification of Korea?

If there are two to six trillion dollars worth of minerals in North Korea, would the Chinese be inclined to grab as much of that money as they can before going after Taiwan?

Do you see any circumstances where China would use nuclear weapons against Taiwan?

And who gives a shit what the rest of the world thinks?
That's the problem with Obama. He gives a shit what the world thinks.
.....And, he's got a LOT o' cleanin'-up, to do, after Lil' Dumbya's drunken-rampage.​
Cleaning up? Iraq is fine thanks to Bush and Afghanistan still needs to be occupied until we are victorious in the war on terrorism and until Bin Laden is dead or captured.

That's the problem with Obama. He gives a shit what the world thinks.
.....And, he's got a LOT o' cleanin'-up, to do, after Lil' Dumbya's drunken-rampage.​
Cleaning up? Iraq is fine thanks to Bush and Afghanistan still needs to be occupied until we are victorious in the war on terrorism and until Bin Laden is dead or captured.

Ask the women and Christians in Iraq if everything is fine now....but maybe you don't care about what happens to them.

Forum List

Back