Will obama issue an EO rewriting Amendment 22 and then run for a third term?

In a word. No.

Looka, I don't think he would either.... but seriously, what's to stop him, or anyone else for that matter?

It would take a new amendment to override it. Like prohibition.

It is a seriously stupid proposition.

Well.. stupid, yes to the extent I don't think Obama or anyone else would actually do it... but my point is, he hasn't the legal authority to make immigration law either, but he did. It is pretty clearly spelled out who has that authority, and it ain't the White House. But, a precedent has been established; and no, not necessarily by this President. The EO exists as a tool for the President to carry out the business of the country, in times of emergency.. not as matter of convenience, or, worse, to circumvent the process to get a desired result that one would not normally get by going through Congress.

<snip>
A recurring theme is that Obama is acting outside the law, rewriting the law or ignoring the law.

When I asked one conservative commentator to explain, he said: "Well, there was a law on the books that said a person can't be in the country illegally? Now they can. Because Obama changed it."

Nonsense. He did no such thing. Obama merely applied to the enforcement of immigration laws something that all police, prosecutors and judges have: discretion.

Now it turns out I have to explain this simple concept to Obama himself. This week, the President responded to hecklers at a speech in Chicago who were demanding that he ease up on deportations by insisting that he had just taken action to "change" the law.

Other critics went even further and suggested that Obama wasn't just changing the law but actually "canceling" it.

More nonsense. No president can cancel a law, or repeal a law, or strike down a law. Only Congress can do that.
<snip>

Obama s order no free ride for immigrants Opinion - CNN.com

The first part is spot on, 2ndA, but your conclusion is not even close.

Funny, he refers to liberals and Jake the Fake chimes right in, on time and on queue.
lol

Despite your silliness, my point is correct: his conclusion is based in the facts of the event. The fact is that our party is now run by McConnell and Boehner and the are far more in line with me than you folks on the powerless far right.

BlindBoo understand exactly, and the far right droids know they are wrong, but since they have no where to get except surrender, they double down, kind of like a Banzai charge of politics.

offered in context

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Funny, he refers to liberals and Jake the Fake chimes right in, on time and on queue.
lol

Despite your silliness, my point is correct: his conclusion is based in the facts of the event. The fact is that our party is now run by McConnell and Boehner and the are far more in line with me than you folks on the powerless far right.

If your views are in line with the likes of Boehner & McConnell, you're just left-wing lite... no more, no less.

People like you are the problem with the GOP Jake... you have it ass-backwards. People want contrast, not just... we're not as bad as them.

He wont have to . What is going on is going to continue up to the elections and then he will call martial law. BOOM he is still the president
He has given himself authority to issue executive orders that rewrite laws passed by congress . He rewrote parts of obamacare after it passed congress and he has rewritten our immigration laws that ban illegals from living or working here. Is rewriting an amendment so different?

If he does it, you can be sure the TV and newspaper press will be on his side.

lol

If your views are in line with the likes of Boehner & McConnell, you're just left-wing lite... no more, no less. People like you are the problem with the GOP Jake... you have it ass-backwards. People want contrast, not just... we're not as bad as them.

Nope, you guys are far hard right dumb and dumber and dumbest.

You folks are the problem with the GOP, but no longer: you have no power.

He has given himself authority to issue executive orders that rewrite laws passed by congress . He rewrote parts of obamacare after it passed congress and he has rewritten our immigration laws that ban illegals from living or working here. Is rewriting an amendment so different?

He will give it serious consideration.

With all due respect, Shoot...Barry will run for the exits as soon as this second term is over! He's never had a clue what he's doing as President and the rest of the world has finally figured that out. He wants out of the Oval Office so bad now that he can taste it.

Please...tell us how much respect is due to "Shoot".

He's an idiot without an equal.

The Trinity of Idiocy is healthmyths, shootspeeders, and edwardbaiamonte.

Their altar guild consist of Elketra, Listening, teapartysamurai, Econchick, Stephanie, and PoliticalChic.
Don't you believe In Ronald Reagan's 11th Commandment?

He wont have to . What is going on is going to continue up to the elections and then he will call martial law. BOOM he is still the president

Weeeeeeeee!

He will give it serious consideration.

Weeeeeeeee!

Between you and me....I think he's still shocked he got reelected.

I'm still shocked he got re-elected right after Ben Ghazi. It causes me to think that the American people on the whole have become impious and don't care about right and wrong anymore.
The American people are not being told the truth about Obama or being informed of any wrong doing by the Obama regime. It's why we should have Freedom of the Press repealed. It serves no purpose if the Press is nothing more than a lapdog of the government. They don't deserve protection.

Between you and me....I think he's still shocked he got reelected.

I'm still shocked he got re-elected right after Ben Ghazi. It causes me to think that the American people on the whole have become impious and don't care about right and wrong anymore.
The American people are not being told the truth about Obama or being informed of any wrong doing by the Obama regime. It's why we should have Freedom of the Press repealed. It serves no purpose if the Press is nothing more than a lapdog of the government. They don't deserve protection.

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

The press is in Obama's pocket!! Weeeeeeeee

Forum List

Back