Will obama do the unthinkable?

At first I thought this would be a thread about obama resigning because his conscience wouldn't let him continue with what he's doing. Now that I see it wasn't about that, I realize how silly I was. obama has no conscience. Doh!

The reason all our troops are out of Iraq save a few embassy security folks is the Iraqi government would not grant immunity to American forces.

If the president wasn't willing to subject American soldiers to foreign law in Iraq, why would he do that in Afghanistan?

That was just an excuse.

He wanted out. Too much at risk. Withdrawing gave him something to thump his skinny chest over. A campaign promise made good.

The reason all our troops are out of Iraq save a few embassy security folks is the Iraqi government would not grant immunity to American forces.

If the president wasn't willing to subject American soldiers to foreign law in Iraq, why would he do that in Afghanistan?

That was just an excuse.

He wanted out. Too much at risk. Withdrawing gave him something to thump his skinny chest over. A campaign promise made good.
I'm glad we're out. I'm pretty sure the families of the troops serving there are glad we're out. And no doubt the troops themselves are glad to be home. What's the problem? Or are you scraping the bottom of the powder keg for any excuse to continue the meat grinder that is iraq?

Last edited:
Obama's most likely waiting for the polls to be published about this problem.
That he would even consider in the remotest sense, turning over American troops to foreign authorities for something as specious as burning a book, paper and ink, is outrageous. If these soldiers are turned over to Afghan authorities, it will be murder, clear and simple. I fail to see just what the charge would be under the UCMJ, or our own Constitutional law.

Guess NOT:
Probe of Afghan Quran burning nearing completion - Boston.com

If any action is taken against American troops involved, it would come under the U.S. military justice system, the ISAF official said.
No such action is even contemplated.

Nothing should happen to those soldiers....it was most likely someone much higher up that told them to burn the Qurans! Then they get in trouble for it......for something they most likely didn't know they were doing anything wrong.
Besides, 4 of our soldiers have died over this....isn't that enough?
IF anything happens it will be in a US military tribunal. You came up with the Nuremberg defense: "I WAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS." It is doubtful anything will happen other than talk however. One group is investigating, then another group will review that investigation.

What law would they be charged with in any US court? Pollution? Open burning with out a permit?

Nothing should happen to those soldiers....it was most likely someone much higher up that told them to burn the Qurans! Then they get in trouble for it......for something they most likely didn't know they were doing anything wrong.
Besides, 4 of our soldiers have died over this....isn't that enough?
IF anything happens it will be in a US military tribunal. You came up with the Nuremberg defense: "I WAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS." It is doubtful anything will happen other than talk however. One group is investigating, then another group will review that investigation.

What law would they be charged with in any US court? Pollution? Open burning with out a permit?

They could be charged in a Military system for dereliction of duty IF there was a standing order against burning the Koran. It would depend on how the order was written and what their orders were and how they carried them out.

They could be charged in a Military system for dereliction of duty IF there was a standing order against burning the Koran. It would depend on how the order was written and what their orders were and how they carried them out.
True RGS; right now the matter is under review, all options will carefully considered............and most likely, nothing much will occur; perhaps a reprimand. The 10 year, 5 months old war goes on.

That was just an excuse.

I'm glad we're out. I'm pretty sure the families of the troops serving there are glad we're out. And no doubt the troops themselves are glad to be home. What's the problem? Or are you scraping the bottom of the powder keg for any excuse to continue the meat grinder that is iraq?
We aren't really out. 15,000 personel still remain at risk.

But since Obama didn't have the stones to continue the mission what's the fucken point. Less body-bags get filled.

Written orders are usually promotions or awards.

They received verbal orders most likely.

That was just an excuse.

But since Obama didn't have the stones to continue the mission what's the fucken point. Less body-bags get filled.
The mission was to TAKE OUT "The Man Who Threatened Poppy". Bad plan, or actually, NO plan for after the removal of Saddam:

Project on National Security Reform -

The mission was to TAKE OUT "The Man Who Threatened Poppy". Bad plan, or actually, NO plan for after the removal of Saddam:

Take him out and assure Iraq isn't a threat in the future.

Take him out and assure Iraq isn't a threat in the future.
And ignore the remaining al Qaeda supporters? BAD MOVE. Canada might be a THREAT IN THE FUTURE, but no one is calling for the invasion thereof. Cheney is busy enjoying what he earned OFF of Iraq.

Before anyone gets too worked up about this, need I point out that this is from WND?

It's complete speculation.

tumblr_lz0mi9NCVN1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

Before anyone gets too worked up about this, need I point out that this is from WND?

Actual news source uniformly report any possible trial will be in US military courts. I had not read WND nor "Newsmax". Perhaps they cannot afford AP? ; )

Actual news source uniformly report any possible trial will be in US military courts. I had not read WND nor "Newsmax". Perhaps they cannot afford AP? ; )

All that aside, how would you feel about Obama as Commander in Chief if this turns out to be factual?

Keep in mind, these soldiers were getting rid of 4 Qurans that had notes from one prisoner to another written in them (desecrated if you will).

Last edited:
Years ago, while taking my GREs, one of the exercises included a fill-in-the blank sentence with a multiple choice selection of words with some phonetic similarities. We were required to pick the BEST answer for each exercise.
For example:
The young soldiers ________ four korans by burning them.
A. desiccated
B. defecated
C. desecrated

That was just an excuse.

Actually more are being filled since we left. They're just not wearing US military uniforms.

Forum List

Back