Will Gop Contenders Trip All Over The Social Issues Like They Did Last Election With Akin?

Woah there. Don't let your guilty feelings bleed all over the thread.
It's probably some law but the harder one tries to control a thread the further away from topic it gets. I know I make a point of posting in threads that ask questions of only conservatives. To be more on topic, the national conversation now takes place on camera and once it's said, it's out there for discussion by all.
This thread was dead before I posted it. Very few on this site will criticize their own. But I wanted to throw my two cents out there
Says they guy that hides his true intentions and his lies..

Woah there. Don't let your guilty feelings bleed all over the thread.
It's probably some law but the harder one tries to control a thread the further away from topic it gets. I know I make a point of posting in threads that ask questions of only conservatives. To be more on topic, the national conversation now takes place on camera and once it's said, it's out there for discussion by all.
This thread was dead before I posted it. Very few on this site will criticize their own. But I wanted to throw my two cents out there

Funny enough, I, a Liberal, was willing to post commentary from Breitbart over these issues. I posted more information than you. :D

And no, the thread is not dead. We can resurrect it. We can make it better, dammit!

Now, tell me, which social issues do you think will keep the GOP from getting crucified?

I sure hope we've grown a brain since then.

I hope so to, we have to get someone in there who doesn't behave like a kid in a candy store giving out gum drops to all his friends, and that's the Democratic platform in a nutshell; but it is NOT going to happen unless the Republicans stick with small government.

Small government doesn't define marriage
Small government doesn't comment on birth control, or for that matter abortion as long as said abortion is LEGAL

conservative is SUPPOSED to mean "prefers as small a government as possible" not " religious zealot"

Will social issues even be a consideration in 2016?
Do you remember the last election where they weren't an issue? The left lays the trap and some dumbass always steps in it turning it into a national debate. Or you have the religious ones who just can't help themselves.

Do you remember the last election where they weren't an issue? The left lays the trap and some dumbass always steps in it turning it into a national debate. Or you have the religious ones who just can't help themselves.
"Lays the trap"? There is no trap, liberals see the conservative diarrhea mouths as a gift, there is no provocation, they do it to themselves by talking shit in a world full of camera phones.

"Lays the trap"? There is no trap, liberals see the conservative diarrhea mouths as a gift, there is no provocation, they do it to themselves by talking shit in a world full of camera phones.
War on women yada yada yada. It's fucking bait, nothing more.

Everything in politics is a reaction to something else. The idea that Republicans are waging a "war on women" did not come out of nowhere, it came from seeing a systematic legislative assault on women's issues by Republicans on all levels of government.

So, uhm, Conservative nutbags who call rape "legitimate" are not waging war on women?

And Conservative nutbags who scream that they want to shoot Hillary Clinton in the vagina are not waging war on women?

And Conservative nutbags who even deign to call the women's vote the "vagina vote" are not waging war on women?

And Conservative nutbags who call women "sluts" are not waging war on women?

You know, most women, like many, many men, are very, very smart. Very smart, indeed. They know which party supports their concerns and which party hates their guts. It's pretty cut and dried.

I believe the establishment GOP already sees the need to distance themselves from the social conservatives, but 2016 will be too soon to make a drastic change. If the GOP loses their White House bid in 2016 I guarantee you will less Michelle Bachmanns and Rick Santorums running come 2020.

I think it will be VERY interesting to see where the GOP candidates place themselves on the Social Issues in another two years. They're very much stuck in a hard place.... They NEED Conservative voters to have any chance to win an election, but they also don't want to be seen as simply throwing away the votes of the indecisive, "moderate", no-backbone scumballs that make up a very large portion of the electorate (aka - the Undecided/Unaffiliated Voters).

IF the Republicans do not both talk and walk a Conservative Social Agenda, they can kiss the Conservative voters goodbye as they have in the last two Presidential elections, due to the nomination of a Moderate/Centrist candidate in both cases. At that point, their chances of winning in 2016 are gone.

If the Republican candidate can both talk and walk that Conservative Social Agenda, they will be distancing themselves from the Centrist/Moderate (aka Liberal) voters who were never going to vote for them anyway. No lose there.

Well, ok... if you think that a candidate can win with only the conservative vote, then go for it.

Romney lost because too many conservative voters did not go to the polls and vote. Obviously, Republicans cannot win without the conservative vote.

What Republican candidates need to do is stay on message, and not allow Democrats, and/or the lame stream media to drag them into debate over topics that mean little to conservatives and most moderates. Republicans win on taxes, economics, foreign affairs, national defense, regulations, and opposition to Obamacare. If they stay on those topics, they will win.

Everything in politics is a reaction to something else. The idea that Republicans are waging a "war on women" did not come out of nowhere, it came from seeing a systematic legislative assault on women's issues by Republicans on all levels of government.

yeah right

read this thread

8 Things Women Couldn t Do On The First Women s Equality Day In 1971 -- And 6 They Still Can t US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.

I think it will be VERY interesting to see where the GOP candidates place themselves on the Social Issues in another two years. They're very much stuck in a hard place.... They NEED Conservative voters to have any chance to win an election, but they also don't want to be seen as simply throwing away the votes of the indecisive, "moderate", no-backbone scumballs that make up a very large portion of the electorate (aka - the Undecided/Unaffiliated Voters).

IF the Republicans do not both talk and walk a Conservative Social Agenda, they can kiss the Conservative voters goodbye as they have in the last two Presidential elections, due to the nomination of a Moderate/Centrist candidate in both cases. At that point, their chances of winning in 2016 are gone.

If the Republican candidate can both talk and walk that Conservative Social Agenda, they will be distancing themselves from the Centrist/Moderate (aka Liberal) voters who were never going to vote for them anyway. No lose there.

Well, ok... if you think that a candidate can win with only the conservative vote, then go for it.

Romney lost because too many conservative voters did not go to the polls and vote. Obviously, Republicans cannot win without the conservative vote.

What Republican candidates need to do is stay on message, and not allow Democrats, and/or the lame stream media to drag them into debate over topics that mean little to conservatives and most moderates. Republicans win on taxes, economics, foreign affairs, national defense, regulations, and opposition to Obamacare. If they stay on those topics, they will win.

This is obviously a lie.

Election 2004:

Bush 43: 62,039,572 raw votes - the all time record for the GOP

Election 2012:

Romney: 60,934,407 raw votes - the no. 2 record for the GOP.

That's only about 1,100,000 less votes than Bush got in 2004.

Romney scored landslides in GOP states that came close to Bush's 2004 margins.

Meanwhile, Obama got 69.5 million in 2008, and 65.9 million in 2012, far above both of those gentlemen.

So, no, it's not because Conservatives didn't come out to vote for Romney. They did. Only, your party has topped out because your tent is shrinking, not growing.

It's really that simple.

Last edited:

yeah right

read this thread

8 Things Women Couldn t Do On The First Women s Equality Day In 1971 -- And 6 They Still Can t US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Bunch of nonsense that has nothing to do with anything.
It's not nonsense in politics if people care about it. Being dismissive does not help the conservative case at all. If they want to be seen as not being anti-woman/gay/ethnic they need to fight these social battles without so much animosity.

So, uhm, Conservative nutbags who call rape "legitimate" are not waging war on women?

And Conservative nutbags who scream that they want to shoot Hillary Clinton in the vagina are not waging war on women?

And Conservative nutbags who even deign to call the women's vote the "vagina vote" are not waging war on women?

You know, most women, like many, many men, are very, very smart. Very smart, indeed. They know which party supports their concerns and which party hates their guts. It's pretty cut and dried.
Umm no, their not. They're saying stupid shit at times that represent their belief & nothing more.

The left has said just as much stupid shit. Do all dems think Guam might "tip over" if we have too many people there?

Do all dems believe we've landed men on Mars like that dumb bitch from California?

Do all dems store money in their freezers?

Stop being a one track mind numb robot

Umm no, their not. They're saying stupid shit at times that represent their belief & nothing more.

The left has said just as much stupid shit. Do all dems think Guam might "tip over" if we have too many people there?

Do all dems believe we've landed men on Mars like that dumb bitch from California?

Do all dems store money in their freezers?

Stop being a one track mind numb robot

So, you were talking about the war on women and engaged in it yourself...

LOL!!!

Forum List

Back