Will all these tea party people...

The Tea party I'm attending have been making signs advocating the Flat or Fair tax system. Many places also have different times some during a lunch hour and suggested people ask their boss for an extended lunch hour or to take a vacation day. Some are after the "A-Typical" normal work hour of 8 to 5 or 7-4 hour schedules. If the OP was so interested in finding his answers he could have gone to any TEA PARTY webiste to learn exactly what is going on.

Looks like fun! :)

Tea%20Party%203.JPG

In my neck of the woods its my governor Sebelius. In yours Im not sure but its enough to get the people out all over the country.

... be protesting the taxation without representation that is happening in Washington,D.C. - or are they just unaware of what the original Tea Party was about?

I think at this stage of our nation's development they're protesting about

TAXATION WITH REPRESENTATION

What's wrong with taxation with representation? If they don't like the taxes they can just vote to put someone else in office. If their side doesn't win the majority, well then too fucking bad for them, that's how democracy works.

Bitching about taxation WITH representation means only one thing - YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY YOUR TAXES. Well guess what, neither do I! I'd also prefer not to have to do jury duty either, and on some election days I'd rather sleep in, but guess what - I'm a citizen of the U.S. and sometimes that means I have to do things I don't like for my country.

The tax system here is decided upon through democratic means. Taxes are evil but a necessary evil, and I can't think of any other way to determine what our taxes should be other than through democratic means. Can you? So guess what tax protesters - you're all just a bunch of cheap bastards. STFU and pay up or fucking leave.

Let the games begin!!
In this corner we have the Tax-And-Spend Liberals!! :eusa_hand:
In this corner we have the Don't-Tax-But-Spend-Anyway Conservatives!! :cuckoo:

The funniest part is that nobody has yet had their taxes raised. The brackets won't change until 2011, the carbon tax may well be defeated, and frankly, for the most part average middle-class people will see a reduction in their tax obligations. So this protest appears to be jumping the gun.

But let them have their fun and make their statement. If Republicans could figure out a better way to invest in the country's future, then I'd be all for that too. But so far all they've done is flail around like fish out of water.

I think at this stage of our nation's development they're protesting about

TAXATION WITH REPRESENTATION

What's wrong with taxation with representation? If they don't like the taxes they can just vote to put someone else in office. If their side doesn't win the majority, well then too fucking bad for them, that's how democracy works.

Bitching about taxation WITH representation means only one thing - YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY YOUR TAXES. Well guess what, neither do I! I'd also prefer not to have to do jury duty either, and on some election days I'd rather sleep in, but guess what - I'm a citizen of the U.S. and sometimes that means I have to do things I don't like for my country.

The tax system here is decided upon through democratic means. Taxes are evil but a necessary evil, and I can't think of any other way to determine what our taxes should be other than through democratic means. Can you? So guess what tax protesters - you're all just a bunch of cheap bastards. STFU and pay up or fucking leave.

Let the games begin!!
In this corner we have the Tax-And-Spend Liberals!! :eusa_hand:
In this corner we have the Don't-Tax-But-Spend-Anyway Conservatives!! :cuckoo:

The funniest part is that nobody has yet had their taxes raised. The brackets won't change until 2011, the carbon tax may well be defeated, and frankly, for the most part average middle-class people will see a reduction in their tax obligations. So this protest appears to be jumping the gun.

But let them have their fun and make their statement. If Republicans could figure out a better way to invest in the country's future, then I'd be all for that too. But so far all they've done is flail around like fish out of water.
you couldntr have got it any more wrong

but i'm coming to expect that from you in your short time here

You know, I've actually been really curious about this whole "tea party" thing. You guys are going to protest the bail-outs in general, I presume?

Ok, so lets say you get what you want... So, what do we do about the economic crisis?

you let the strong banks buy the weaker ones.....you let the strong insurnace companies buy the weaker ones....you let the strong auto makers buy the weaker ones......

all the ecomomic crisis is being used for is to push a political agenda....

If only it were that simple. Without reliable market prices for the hard-to-value assets, any proposal for turning bad banks into good banks could lead to huge transfers of wealth between taxpayers and bank shareholders.

Insurance companies already are monopolies. Ironically, that's precisely the business AIG was in. It was only a small investment offshoot of AIG dealing with the mortgage securities packages that brought the entire company down (the proverbial bad apple at the bottom of the barrel). As for the automakers, Ford is holding on but just barely. So should a foreign manufacturer such as Germany's Volkswagen Group make bids to take over GM and Chrysler? Great, then we'd have zero manufacturing base in the United States.

How many share holders do you think the banks have? What gives the government the right to determine who the winners and losers are and what makes you think the government is competent to do that job under any circumstances?

We have tons of lobbyists because we have a government that decided the business world can't get by with out them And so the business world sends lobbyists to try to prevent themselves being screwed over any worse than necessary.

Sounds like somebody has their big boy pants in a bunch.:eusa_whistle: I love to see libs getting all rattled at the idea of conservatives organizing independently and forming a grassroots movement.:lol: Keep trying to belittle those who are dissenting, but it won't stop them.

In my neck of the woods its my governor Sebelius. In yours Im not sure but its enough to get the people out all over the country.
You can beat Sebelius up all you want...but Govs didn't vote on the stimulus package.

Yeah this much I know doesn't change the fact that I dont like her as a governor nor do I approve the way she appropriates spending. The people organizing are pissed off about more than just the bailout. The bailout just happens to be one of the major topics.

You know, I've actually been really curious about this whole "tea party" thing. You guys are going to protest the bail-outs in general, I presume?

Ok, so lets say you get what you want... So, what do we do about the economic crisis?

I don't speak for all protesters, but excessive government spending is why I'm waving my pitchfork. How can you spend your way out of debt? I have been drinking myself sober trying to figure it out.

I don't speak for all protesters, but excessive government spending is why I'm waving my pitchfork. How can you spend your way out of debt? I have been drinking myself sober trying to figure it out.

I've never heard Obama or anyone claim that the idea of the stimulus is to "spend your way out of debt", so I'm not sure where you got that.

The idea more accuartely is to "spend your way out of a recession (or depression)."

If you don't understand that comment let me know and I'll give you my understanding of it.

TEA by the way idiots of the left is a freaking acronym. Taxed Enough Already.

I've actually seen more on the right who apparently didn't understand the reference to tea parties.

I had also thought is was a nod to the Boston tea party of yore.

Forum List

Back