Will all these tea party people...

I'm not sure how they are going to find the time to protest. They all have jobs, and we all know that people who protest don't have jobs.

I think they should protest with their fucking feet and move one of the few nations on the Earth with a flat tax - Russia.

maybe they are taking a sick day and working the man for a paid day off to stick it to the man.....

So they are going to lie to their bosses. A damn shame.

Guessing some of you intentionally forgot about vacation and personal days. Oh, BTW, why would you presume that the slackers and liars have a problem with DC having a slacker/liar in Congress?

Or we could take a day of vacation you ignorant twits.

gee.....could ya.....wow....you are so smart.....you do know sick days are use it or lose it but vacation is paid out upon termination.....so using a vacation day is spending your money and taking a sick day is like stealing and more edgy protester like.....

but hey this is your summer of love so play it as you see fit.....

LOL! Worried about termination, are you? For someone so "smart", you might want to speak for your own employment policy rather than make blanket statements....

... be protesting the taxation without representation that is happening in Washington,D.C. - or are they just unaware of what the original Tea Party was about?

I think at this stage of our nation's development they're protesting about

TAXATION WITH REPRESENTATION

i think they are protesting how much money the government is spending to bail out failed companies .....

Is that what they were doing at the original tea party? I thought they were protesting not government spending - not even taxation per se - but being taxed without representatives in Parliament. Am I missing part of history (other than my first 2 years in college) ?

No! your problem is you are living in past history. That was then. This is now.

or, go AFTER work
the one up here is at 5:30 pm

At 5:30 pm? That would mean you'd have to leave work at 5. In order to put in a 12 hour day you're therefore have to get to work at 5. How does that work? Are these tea parties aware that there are people on the margin who might decide it isn't worth putting in 12 hours of work that day? What if that was they day that person or persons on the margin was going to cure cancer? Or invent usable cold fusion? Or come up with the next great transportation idea?

Whatever happened to hard work and innovation? All I hear from these hippies is complaining.

i think they are protesting how much money the government is spending to bail out failed companies .....

Is that what they were doing at the original tea party? I thought they were protesting not government spending - not even taxation per se - but being taxed without representatives in Parliament. Am I missing part of history (other than my first 2 years in college) ?

I'm living in the "past" history? Is there any other kind, and where are these idiots naming their protests "tea parties" living? In the present day? So you're suggesting they are completely unaware they ripped the name off from the Boston Tea Party?

... be protesting the taxation without representation that is happening in Washington,D.C. - or are they just unaware of what the original Tea Party was about?

What's wrong with taxation with representation? If they don't like the taxes they can just vote to put someone else in office. If their side doesn't win the majority, well then too fucking bad for them, that's how democracy works.

Bitching about taxation WITH representation means only one thing - YOU DON'T WANT TO PAY YOUR TAXES. Well guess what, neither do I! I'd also prefer not to have to do jury duty either, and on some election days I'd rather sleep in, but guess what - I'm a citizen of the U.S. and sometimes that means I have to do things I don't like for my country.

The tax system here is decided upon through democratic means. Taxes are evil but a necessary evil, and I can't think of any other way to determine what our taxes should be other than through democratic means. Can you? So guess what tax protesters - you're all just a bunch of cheap bastards. STFU and pay up or fucking leave.

Last edited:
You know, I've actually been really curious about this whole "tea party" thing. You guys are going to protest the bail-outs in general, I presume?

Ok, so lets say you get what you want... So, what do we do about the economic crisis?

I'm living in the "past" history? Is there any other kind, and where are these idiots naming their protests "tea parties" living? In the present day? So you're suggesting they are completely unaware they ripped the name off from the Boston Tea Party?

No DUmbocrat, I'm saying they picked "tea party" as their theme,, in rememberance of the tax revolt. I hear they are mailing "tea bags" to their congresscritters. Tea Party then,, and Tea Party NOW. get it????:cuckoo:

You know, I've actually been really curious about this whole "tea party" thing. You guys are going to protest the bail-outs in general, I presume?

Ok, so lets say you get what you want... So, what do we do about the economic crisis?

"nothing" would be there answer. We're supposed to let the same free market that got us into this mess get us out.

Over in Europe they don't even really have to do a bailout, increased government spending during bad economic times is automatic because as people are laid off their social welfare system kicks in. Then as the economy improves they spend less on social welfare as people don't need it as much. What a concept - a government spending less during good times and a lot during bad times.

gee.....could ya.....wow....you are so smart.....you do know sick days are use it or lose it but vacation is paid out upon termination.....so using a vacation day is spending your money and taking a sick day is like stealing and more edgy protester like.....

but hey this is your summer of love so play it as you see fit.....

LOL! Worried about termination, are you? For someone so "smart", you might want to speak for your own employment policy rather than make blanket statements....

no not worried about terminiation...i am an owner and well aware of company policy and how sick and vacation days are dealt with.....for someone so smart you might not want to make assumptions about things you have no information on........

you let the strong banks buy the weaker ones.....you let the strong insurnace companies buy the weaker ones....you let the strong auto makers buy the weaker ones......

all the ecomomic crisis is being used for is to push a political agenda....

or, go AFTER work
the one up here is at 5:30 pm

At 5:30 pm? That would mean you'd have to leave work at 5. In order to put in a 12 hour day you're therefore have to get to work at 5. How does that work? Are these tea parties aware that there are people on the margin who might decide it isn't worth putting in 12 hours of work that day? What if that was they day that person or persons on the margin was going to cure cancer? Or invent usable cold fusion? Or come up with the next great transportation idea?

Whatever happened to hard work and innovation? All I hear from these hippies is complaining.
uh, the average work day is 8 hours

People have the right to assemble who the hell are any of us to try to deny them that right. The assembly is not against taxes or a bailout it is about us democratically electing officials who once they get in office go back on what they said they would do when we voted for them. The tea party is a symbol that the power lies with the people. If the people feel that the government no longer represents them the government will feel the power of the people.

People have the right to assemble who the hell are any of us to try to deny them that right. The assembly is not against taxes or a bailout it is about us democratically electing officials who once they get in office go back on what they said they would do when we voted for them. The tea party is a symbol that the power lies with the people. If the people feel that the government no longer represents them the government will feel the power of the people.
Which elected officials are going back on what they said they would do?

Everyone who said they would cut government spending and voted for the bail out for starts. My governor can barely keep Kansas afloat because of rediculous spending by the state and the first place she cuts spending is the SCHOOLS? What the hell is that?

Everyone who said they would cut government spending and voted for the bail out for starts. My governor can barely keep Kansas afloat because of rediculous spending by the state and the first place she cuts spending is the SCHOOLS? What the hell is that?
I don't think anyone ever said they wouldn't vote for bailouts. :confused:

I'm also not sure who said they'd cut government spending and didn't, unless you mean Bush and he's gone.

Cutting schools is really stupid, I agree with you there.

I said they said they would cut spending then voted for the bail out, it's an oxymoron.

actually, the representation is too watered down
we need to add more members to the house so that it better reflects the people they represent and the people of each district can actually get to know who they are voting for
this is long over due with reform to the election process as well
we need to have 50% +1 to win an election free and clear, and a run off if no one gets it

Forum List

Back