Wild Card Special ...Seattle At Minnesota

Staistically this season there were 191 FGs the same distance or shorter and only two misses. Walsh had a 99% chance of making the chip shot.
You can't re create that pressure in practice. If you've ever played sports you know the feeling.

Ever play tennis? The hardest point to get is game set match.

Yes..better than that the best female tennis player in the world sat next to me on the shuttle bus from the hotel on Waikiki to the airport She enlisted me to fix her broken camera. She had dropped it on a sidewalk. I couldn't fix it. We still had a pleasant conversation for about twenty minutes. She's pretty cute for a black chick.
Are you Asian?

Never a doubt in my mind that Seattle would win...

I don't really think the weather had anything to do with the final outcome..it was mostly media hype.

I disagree. The Vikings got to enjoy at least some warming sunshine all of the first half while the Hawks just had a bone chilling cold sideline. Wilson claims his lips froze up which made it hard to bark out the calls in the huddle and when at the LOS. Me? I think his brain froze up for three qtrs.

Here is my take...Did you notice any of the players having fog breath? Did you notice any fumbles due to cold hands? Did you notice any dropped passes due to cold hands? Did you notice any players having trouble making cuts due to a frozen field? Did you notice any players stomping their feet or flopping their arms to keep warm? Did you notice any ice on the field, even when it was minus zero the whole game?
Did you know the field was heated from below? The whole cold thing was total media hype to make sure fans watched all the stupid commercials and what little time was left to play the game.

tcfheatinstallation.jpg

The heated field was be installed by June, just in time for the Vikings to move in this summer.

The only thing that was amiss was the short punts and passes coming up short due to a heavy ball.
As far as the mismanagement of the play clock..Carroll said there was a problem with the communication system in the first half. Don't know if that was entirely true or not but something was differently something wrong with the clock running out so many times on Wilson.

I don't really think the weather had anything to do with the final outcome..it was mostly media hype.
Me too before the game but THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST.

Really? You mean you would have bet $2000 Minnesota was going to miss that 28 yard field goal? Liar

I don't really get why you would call me a liar... but okay...maybe I said that because I am a life long Seahawks fan. Should have the Seahawks lost...probably but guess what? They are still going on to the next game and the Vikings get to watch from a warm cozy living room.

In 1999, when the Vikings went 15-1 and set the NFL scoring record, Gary Anderson went 46 for 46 on field goals during the regular season. In the NFC Championship game against the Falcons, with the Vikings up by 7 with a few minutes to play, he shanked one to the left and Atlanta went down the field to score the tying TD and win the game in OT.

It's fate.

It's just how it is.

Now, I'm going to go for a bike ride and then drink a lot.
Or there is the Saints game where we got Favre'd. Or the Cowboys Hail Mary game. Or the 2003 game against the Cardinals where we led our division the entire year only to lose on a miracle pass at the end and the Pukers went to the playoffs instead. This kind of thing always happens to the Vikings. They usually wait until further on in the playoffs before they break your heart.

Now I May go and drink a lot too...

Me too before the game but THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST.

Really? You mean you would have bet $2000 Minnesota was going to miss that 28 yard field goal? Liar

I don't really get why you would call me a liar... but okay...maybe I said that because I am a life long Seahawks fan. Should have the Seahawks lost...probably but guess what? They are still going on to the next game and the Vikings get to watch from a warm cozy living room.
Because to say you didn't have a doubt when all the Vikings had to do was put up a 28 yard field goal and those are made 99.999% of the time.

For you to say you never had a doubt means you are lying. But I know what you mean. I somehow knew they'd come back when they were down 9 to nothing in the beginning of the 4th. I was pretty sure they were going to come back too at that point. Especially after Wilson fumbled a snap and then they end up 1st and goal? The Seahawks and Green Bay have been very lucky this year but that shit don't win superbowls.

Do you have any doubt Seattle will win next week? I love it when people make predictions.

And I'm just having fun. This is sports not politics. As a Lion fan I wish I was a Viking fan because at least my team made the playoffs.

In 1999, when the Vikings went 15-1 and set the NFL scoring record, Gary Anderson went 46 for 46 on field goals during the regular season. In the NFC Championship game against the Falcons, with the Vikings up by 7 with a few minutes to play, he shanked one to the left and Atlanta went down the field to score the tying TD and win the game in OT.

It's fate.

It's just how it is.

Now, I'm going to go for a bike ride and then drink a lot.
Or there is the Saints game where we got Favre'd. Or the Cowboys Hail Mary game. Or the 2003 game against the Cardinals where we led our division the entire year only to lose on a miracle pass at the end and the Pukers went to the playoffs instead. This kind of thing always happens to the Vikings. They usually wait until further on in the playoffs before they break your heart.

Now I May go and drink a lot too...
Reminds me of last year when the Lions made the playoffs but only as a wildcard and we lost the first round to Dallas. Of course the refs screwed us that game too.

The entire season we were doing great, but OF COURSE Green Bay did 1 game fucking better. So instead of winning the division we had to go play in Dallas. But I wasn't even afraid of Dallas. Dallas sucked! We should have killed them. But of course, we didn't. Just like you guys should have taken care of business at home yesterday.

This is as big of a blown game as UofM when their kicker blew the punt and MSU ran it all the way back. Maybe not as exciting but just as traumatic. LOL

Since the Hawks are so unpopular it makes sense that you non believers bet the house on the Vikings!

Smuggy, I picked Seattle to win but took Minnesota to cover. I won some money on the game. So, I come out winning big. Thanks to the Hawks being predictable.

Staistically this season there were 191 FGs the same distance or shorter and only two misses. Walsh had a 99% chance of making the chip shot.
You can't re create that pressure in practice. If you've ever played sports you know the feeling.

Ever play tennis? The hardest point to get is game set match.

Yes..better than that the best female tennis player in the world sat next to me on the shuttle bus from the hotel on Waikiki to the airport She enlisted me to fix her broken camera. She had dropped it on a sidewalk. I couldn't fix it. We still had a pleasant conversation for about twenty minutes. She's pretty cute for a black chick.
Are you Asian?

I like Chinese food. But I don't just call it "food".

I disagree. The Vikings got to enjoy at least some warming sunshine all of the first half while the Hawks just had a bone chilling cold sideline. Wilson claims his lips froze up which made it hard to bark out the calls in the huddle and when at the LOS. Me? I think his brain froze up for three qtrs.

Here is my take...Did you notice any of the players having fog breath? Did you notice any fumbles due to cold hands? Did you notice any dropped passes due to cold hands? Did you notice any players having trouble making cuts due to a frozen field? Did you notice any players stomping their feet or flopping their arms to keep warm? Did you notice any ice on the field, even when it was minus zero the whole game?
Did you know the field was heated from below? The whole cold thing was total media hype to make sure fans watched all the stupid commercials and what little time was left to play the game.

tcfheatinstallation.jpg

The heated field was be installed by June, just in time for the Vikings to move in this summer.

The only thing that was amiss was the short punts and passes coming up short due to a heavy ball.
As far as the mismanagement of the play clock..Carroll said there was a problem with the communication system in the first half. Don't know if that was entirely true or not but something was differently something wrong with the clock running out so many times on Wilson.

I knew about the heated field. That certainly saved a lot of bruising type injuries.

Since the Hawks are so unpopular it makes sense that you non believers bet the house on the Vikings!

Smuggy, I picked Seattle to win but took Minnesota to cover. I won some money on the game. So, I come out winning big. Thanks to the Hawks being predictable.

The way Hugs predicts scores, he should open up an offshore sports book in Fukmyselfistan.............:ack-1:......

The way Hugs predicts scores, he should open up an offshore sports book in Fukmyselfistan.............:ack-1:......

I don't believe I picked a score. I did believe the Seahawks would have scored more than they did. The cold affected Wilson a lot more than I thought it would. Next time he is facing temps like that, if it ever comes up again, he will certainly bundle up.

I think Russell bought into what Carroll was saying about how the cold doesn't matter...blah..blah.

Forum List

Back