Why Voter ID Laws are Needed

Do you know what those lists are the volunteers are looking at? When he asks, "Do you have so-and-so on your list" do you know what that is?

It is a list of registered voters.

How would Voter ID prevent dead people from showing up on those lists?

It wouldn't.

Gee, you think? No shit, Captain Obvious. :bang3:

as I answered in the other thread, it would not... it WOULD, however, prevent dead people from actually voting.

And some Voter ID laws WOULD prevent live qualified people from voting.

bogus. disproved constantly in here.

No it has not been. It has been established several times over that the DOJ found SC and TX voter ID laws prevented citizens from voting. And the courts ruled that Missouri's Voter ID law was also too restrictive and that state had to loosen its law. That same court decision stated that voter ID proponents have failed to establish such laws are even necessary.

Every last example ever provided by voter ID proponents have done nothing but demonstrate that the registration process has holes in it. Just as this latest example does. Dead people aren't on voter registration rolls because of a lack of Voter ID law.

Do you know what those lists are the volunteers are looking at? When he asks, "Do you have so-and-so on your list" do you know what that is?

It is a list of registered voters.

How would Voter ID prevent dead people from showing up on those lists?

It wouldn't.

Gee, you think? No shit, Captain Obvious. :bang3:

Apparently it is not so obvious to people who say this proves the necessity of voter ID laws.

Federal law prohibits casting AND THE PROCUREMENT of ballots that are known to be false by the person obtaining them.

These people are going to FEDERAL PRISON.
You listen and give credence to the political ideas of CRIMINALS?

We don't need voter ID laws. We need voter IQ laws.

The Democratic Party tried Voter IQ laws (literacy tests) as a means to keep blacks from voting at a time when blacks did not have equal access to education.....Are you suggesting Democrats would like to have IQ tests again?

Dead people aren't on voter registration rolls because of a lack of Voter ID law.

Again...NOBODY is suggesting that is the case.

The question is whether a reasonable ID requirement is an effective means to prevent scoundrels from voting more than once. Representing a recently deceased person is merely an effective means to cheat because the actual voter isn't going to show up.

Seems to me if a state offers free ids (and for elderly/handicap free transportation to obtain those ids), that's a starting point for a reasonable ID requirement. That or I'm a racist.

These guys went around the State of New Hampshire during the primary claiming to be dead people who were still registered on the voter rolls and time and time again they were given permission to vote without verifying their identity. That's how easy it is to commit voter fraud in New Hampshire and why voter ID laws are most certainly justified.

Wow. So someone on youtube committed fraud at a polling place and got away with it. How many people actually voted on behalf of dead people?

Did it occur to you the easiest way to keep dead people from voting would be to remove them from the voter rolls? Fucking MORON.

An ID requirement would only mean one had to fake an ID with the dead person's name good enough to fool a temporary poll worker (not hard - mostly housewives and old people with bad eyes).

Last edited:
Federal law prohibits casting AND THE PROCUREMENT of ballots that are known to be false by the person obtaining them.

These people are going to FEDERAL PRISON.
You listen and give credence to the political ideas of CRIMINALS?

We don't need voter ID laws. We need voter IQ laws.

I highly doubt any action is taken against these people. in fact, I hope there are many more hidden videos like this, to bring attention to the need for voter ID laws in all 50 states.

These guys are heroes.

BREAKING FEDERAL ELECTION LAWS...it's what HEROES do.

Why don't you ask CONVICTED FELON James O'Keefe if HE got any action taken against him?

O'Keefe was convicted of a felony? Did I miss something? Thought he pled to a misdemeanor.

And here is yet more evidence.

Columbia, SC (AP, WLTX) -- The director of South Carolina's Department of Motor Vehicles has told the State Law Enforcement Division that more than 900 people who were recorded as having voted were actually dead.

DMV Director Kevin Shwedo told legislators about the issue Wednesday as the U.S. Justice Department questions a new state law requiring people to show photographic identification when they vote in person.

In response, South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson asked SLED to review the evidence.

"Director Shwedo's research has revealed evidence that over nine hundred deceased people appear to have 'voted' in recent elections in South Carolina," said Wilson in a statement. "This is an alarming number, and clearly necessitates an investigation into potential criminal activity. I have asked SLED Chief Keel to review Director Shwedo's research."

DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted | wltx.com

Are they absentees? If so - not amazed. Just means old people too old and decrepit to get to the polling place voted by absentee - and big surprise, they died before the election.

Solution is simple - have a means to toss out the ballots of dead people. Or, do like Louisiana, and make a vote cast absentee by a living person who dies before election day a legal vote!

Columbia, SC (AP, WLTX) -- The director of South Carolina's Department of Motor Vehicles has told the State Law Enforcement Division that more than 900 people who were recorded as having voted were actually dead.

DMV Director Kevin Shwedo told legislators about the issue Wednesday as the U.S. Justice Department questions a new state law requiring people to show photographic identification when they vote in person.

In response, South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson asked SLED to review the evidence.

"Director Shwedo's research has revealed evidence that over nine hundred deceased people appear to have 'voted' in recent elections in South Carolina," said Wilson in a statement. "This is an alarming number, and clearly necessitates an investigation into potential criminal activity. I have asked SLED Chief Keel to review Director Shwedo's research."

DMV: 900 Dead People May Have Voted | wltx.com

Are they absentees? If so - not amazed. Just means old people too old and decrepit to get to the polling place voted by absentee - and big surprise, they died before the election.

Solution is simple - have a means to toss out the ballots of dead people. Or, do like Louisiana, and make a vote cast absentee by a living person who dies before election day a legal vote!

it is more cost effective to PREVENT votes from dead people, which ID laws do.

Because no one can make a fake ID.

Voter ID laws will disenfranchise more eligible voters than prevent fraudulent votes on behalf of dead people. Purging dead people from the rolls, on the other hand, would be 100% accurate at preventing dead votes and cause no one to be disenfranchised.

Last edited:
These guys went around the State of New Hampshire during the primary claiming to be dead people who were still registered on the voter rolls and time and time again they were given permission to vote without verifying their identity. That's how easy it is to commit voter fraud in New Hampshire and why voter ID laws are most certainly justified.

You know? I saw a thread this morning that declared or asked if the nomination process was over...give it to Romney...be done with it.

My first thought was Really? Does NH and Iowa speak for me? Do dead people that can't vote?

Because no one can make a fake ID.

Voter ID laws will disenfranchise more eligible voters than prevent fraudulent votes on behalf of dead people. Purging dead people from the rolls, on the other hand, would be 100% accurate at preventing dead votes and cause no one to be disenfranchised.
strawman-motivational.jpg

Purging dead people from the rolls, on the other hand, would be 100% accurate at preventing dead votes and cause no one to be disenfranchised.

I think this all boils down to a collective vs individual mentality. The Lefties want the feds to require voter rolls to be purged of the recently deceased, even though similar state laws already exist and are obviously ineffective. The Cons want to put the onus on the individual to obtain an ID.

I'm with the Conservatives on this one.

Purging dead people from the rolls, on the other hand, would be 100% accurate at preventing dead votes and cause no one to be disenfranchised.

I think this all boils down to a collective vs individual mentality. The Lefties want the feds to require voter rolls to be purged of the recently deceased, even though similar state laws already exist and are obviously ineffective. The Cons want to put the onus on the individual to obtain an ID.

StupidFuckingRepComputer said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to eflatminor again

:(

And the Prime BORG

Barack-Obama-of-Borg--68909.jpg

Forum List

Back