What % of the world should we police/contol?

CaughtInTheMid

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2012
Here's a pie chart of the world's population (I think it's old but it's close). You can see us in purple. My question is, what parts of the world, other than our own country, should we police or control with our political policy or military might?

World_population_pie_chart.jpg

Here's a pie chart of the world's population (I think it's old but it's close). You can see us in purple. My question is, what parts of the world, other than our own country, should we police or control with our political policy or military might?

Our Borders, the High Seas, What we agree to by Treaty.

We obviously we shouldn't have to "police" anyone--and I think you will find a general consensus from both liberals and conservatives that we are very tired of being the police of the world.

Unfortunately we get wrapped up in other peoples problems over oil--and threats to this nation.

weird question is weird. It is hard to know just what you mean. We should be in charge or ourselves and do as good a job of that as we can.

We should assist in taking care of issues like piracy and the slave trade on the high seas. As for what we can do on land, that is problematical.

We can't march in and take over every state if we don't like their government. But if some states are totally rogue we can't let thug states bully their neighbors.

And what your pie chart has to do with this discussion i have no idea.

weird question is weird. It is hard to know just what you mean. We should be in charge or ourselves and do as good a job of that as we can.

We should assist in taking care of issues like piracy and the slave trade on the high seas. As for what we can do on land, that is problematical.

We can't march in and take over every state if we don't like their government. But if some states are totally rogue we can't let thug states bully their neighbors.

there is always a method to my madness.

So you advocate gutting the Military like Clinton and Obama?

What is your position on Treaty Obligations?

So you advocate gutting the Military like Clinton and Obama?

What is your position on Treaty Obligations?

no

we should honor them until they can be renegotiated

Japan and Germany.

We should mind our own business and scale back our intervention in the world, and worry more about our own problems.

If our government wasn't living on credit cards and we had no debt (hell, just reasonable debt), I would care far less about the 900 military bases in hundreds of countries around the world. As it stands, it's economics that's going to reduce our policing of the planet.

Might I recommend that, before one makes any firm opinion of what we should or should not do with our military... that one actually studies and achieves a solid grasp of international relations? Just an idea.

Might I recommend that, before one makes any firm opinion of what we should or should not do with our military... that one actually studies and achieves a solid grasp of international relations? Just an idea.
We should start with thier intended purpose from the Founding, and go from there. NOT what some Presidents have used them for since.

Our Borders, the High Seas, What we agree to by Treaty.
Pretty much thie intent from the Founding.

great idea. we should also consider how much money we do or don't have to finance the stuff we do around the world.

Forum List

Back