Why The GOP Can Never Accuse Obama Of Abandoning Women

I don't believe either party is against women. Question is when either party are accused of it are most women going to be blinded by ideology enough to fall for such stupid tactics?

It's not about ideology, Gramps. It's about my jaw dropping on a regular basis over the past many, many months while the GOP presented and/or passed bills to take us back far too many years. You can't legislate morality, and that's what they're shooting for.

I'll admit a few of the more recent laws I've heard about are pretty stupid like the Blunt situation in Mo. Having said that I believe I understand the purpose. The left has also been pulling so hard to the left that the only way to wind up in the middle is to pull equally hard towards the right. I hope that in the end we can end up where we belong. Not elevating one over another.

Somebody pos rep the man, I'm tapped.

Missouri Legislature takes up birth control, abortion bills

For instance. This is just one of the 135.

The Senate passed a bill that would let employers deny health insurance coverage for birth control for employees who do cannot prove a medical need for it. The bill now goes to the House for consideration.

You want less government, but sticking the government's nose up a woman's suzy is just fine and dandy? Seriously??

Why on earth should employers pay for birth control pills? Have you lost your fucking mind. Seriously.

The Senate passed a bill that would let employers deny health insurance coverage for birth control for employees who do cannot prove a medical need for it. The bill now goes to the House for consideration.

You want less government, but sticking the government's nose up a woman's suzy is just fine and dandy? Seriously??

Why on earth should employers pay for birth control pills? Have you lost your fucking mind. Seriously.

It SHOULD be part of the INSURANCE she is paying for ANYWAY.

And it is. Thank you, Mister President.

When I had secretaries, there were two and I did not have insurance for them. I just paid the bills. They were both young and healthy. I could have paid thousands of dollars a year for insurance. I opted just to pay the bills including paying for their birth control pills. In all the years these girls worked for me, I had one annual pap each, one got a urinary infection and one had a tooth with a cavity. It worked out quite well all the way around.

Don't be so quick to thank the presidebt. The Supreme Court is going to put an end to it.

The government already has it's nose up your vagina by even making this mandatory healthcare law. Don't you get that?

And it won't stop there. The Government will be able to tell you what to eat drink and when to die.

President Obama on the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and Equal Pay for All Workers - YouTube

It's going to be pretty difficult to sell Obama as anything other than a champion of women's rights, with this video floating around.

Both parties pander to who they have to in order to retain or gain power. All of this women's issues garbage, racial justice, soak the rich, tax cuts for the middle class, Obama is going to grab your guns, blah, blah, blah is just to separate and divide people in order to get them to think one party supports them more than the other. In some cases it's the truth, but more times than not they only care about being elected and will say and do what ever they need to in order to make that happen, even if it's a lie.

The government already has it's nose up your vagina by even making this mandatory healthcare law. Don't you get that?

And it won't stop there. The Government will be able to tell you what to eat drink and when to die.

Oh, you mean like the insurance companies do now? Riiiiight.

You want to talk death panels, Youtube UHC. My insurance provider, by the way.

WASHINGTON — The Senate on Thursday killed a Republican effort to let employers and health insurance companies deny coverage for contraceptives and other items they object to on religious or moral grounds.

The vote was 51-48.

In effect, the Senate upheld President Barack Obama's birth control policy, which guarantees that women have access to insurance coverage for contraceptives at no charge, through an employer's health plan or directly from an insurance company.
Read more: Senate blocks GOP bill on contraceptives policy - San Antonio Express-News

So. There HE is, the one you say is against women, guaranteeing that women have access to insurance coverage for contraceptives at no charge - but he's the bad guy.

And you wonder why women are flocking to him again.

Insurance coverage for contraception is pro women?

Tell me something, how does backing a policy that will make contraceptives more expensive prove he is pro woman?

If that's been the law for decades, why do women still earn .77 on the dollar paid to men.

Lilly Ledbetter was a supervisor at Goodyear Tire and Rubber’s plant in Gadsden, Alabama, from 1979 until her retirement in 1998. For most of those years, she worked as an area manager, a position largely occupied by men. Initially, Ledbetter’s salary was in line with the salaries of men performing substantially similar work. Over time, however, her pay slipped in comparison to the pay of male area managers with equal or less seniority. By the end of 1997, Ledbetter was the only woman working as an area manager and the pay discrepancy between Ledbetter and her 15 male counterparts was stark: Ledbetter was paid $3,727 per month; the lowest paid male area manager received $4,286 per month, the highest paid, $5,236.[4] This pay disparity led to further inequity in her "overtime pay, contributory retirement, 401(k), and social security." [5]
She "waited too long?" How can there be 'too long' a wait?

Lilly Ledbetter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She retired in 1998 and filed her lawsuit 9 years later in 2007. The statutes that ran out are as follows:

Ledbetter v. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co., 550 U.S. 618 (2007), is an employment discrimination decision of the Supreme Court of the United States. Justice Alito held for the five-justice majority that employers cannot be sued under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act over race or gender pay discrimination if the claims are based on decisions made by the employer 180 days ago or more. The decision did not prevent plaintiffs from suing under other laws, like the Equal Pay Act, which has a three-year deadline for most sex discrimination claims,[1] or 42 U.S.C. 1981, which has a four-year deadline for suing over race discrimination.[2]

That is why even though the Lily Ledbetter Act was signed into law, Ledbetter herself could not benefit from it. The law removes all those statutes of limitations meaning someone could bring a lawsuit after 30 years if they decide.

Of course men can bring these kinds of suits too. And, they can bring them against female owned companies so saying this is some kind of protection afforded to only women is nonsense. This is one of those feel good laws that purport to help, while making things worse, but it feels so good when it's going in.

Why don't you mention the fact that, if she had filed her suit when she first learned about the discrimination, instead of waiting for almost 10 years, she would have been able to collect? Better yet, why don't you point out the the law would have allowed her to file ten years later if she hadn't known about the discrimination in the first place? Is it because you want to pretend the law actually made a difference, even though it didn't?

Why?

Oh, you mean like the insurance companies do now? Riiiiight.

You want to talk death panels, Youtube UHC. My insurance provider, by the way.

Here is one, just one, specific example.

Healthcare: For Profit Or For All? Or

1) Anyone can accuse anyone else of anything they want. It doesnt have to be true.

2) Supporting token legislation that really doesnt address problems doesn't prove squat.

3) Actions speak louder than words.

WASHINGTON — The Senate on Thursday killed a Republican effort to let employers and health insurance companies deny coverage for contraceptives and other items they object to on religious or moral grounds.

The vote was 51-48.

In effect, the Senate upheld President Barack Obama's birth control policy, which guarantees that women have access to insurance coverage for contraceptives at no charge, through an employer's health plan or directly from an insurance company.
Read more: Senate blocks GOP bill on contraceptives policy - San Antonio Express-News

So. There HE is, the one you say is against women, guaranteeing that women have access to insurance coverage for contraceptives at no charge - but he's the bad guy.

And you wonder why women are flocking to him again.

Insurance coverage for contraception is pro women?

Tell me something, how does backing a policy that will make contraceptives more expensive prove he is pro woman?

Gawd, how many times do I have to type this?? BC is free at the county health dept. The states have been providing it for years!!

You are 100% correct, QW. Demanding BC is paid for and subsidizing it with federal taxpayer money will only drive up the cost. How many have actually checked on what the government pays for hammers, toilet seats and bolts??

Citizens Against Government Waste Homepage

Here's another example of Barry Hussein "caring about women". When he was Illinois state senator the sickiningly cruel procedure of killing full term infants by stabbing them in the back of the head was outlawed. Barry used all his limited legal skills and substantial political muscle to replace the partial birth abortion procedure with negligent homicide. In a brilliant stroke of genius a Chicago hospital decided to induce premature delivery and simply left the infants on a cold table to cry and die. A janitor found a living infant in the trash and gave it to a nurse who blew the whistle on the procedure and Barry made sure she was fired and the killing would go on. Way to go Mr. "O" You showed how much you cared for predominantly Black women in Chicago by making sure they would still be able to hire someone to kill their full term infants.
Wow. Whatta great story. It sounds like a tale Ralph Reed would have concocted.

I'd wonder where that herd o' Pro-Lifers was.....with their typical adoption-documentation, firmly-in-hand, to......

Forum List

Back