Why the FIRST AMENDMENT must not be changed.Turkey wants to jail NBA player for insulting Erdogan

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Turkey seeks jail term for NBA player for insulting Erdogan

Yea, AMERICA JUST SUCKS, DOESN'T IT?

We shouldnt have free speech if it's HATE SPEECH, right?

Who determines what speech is allowed?

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's state-run news agency says prosecutors are seeking more than four years in prison for NBA player Enes Kanter on charges of insulting President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Anadolu Agency says an indictment prepared by the Istanbul chief prosecutor's office accuses the New York Knicks player of insulting the president in a series of tweets he posted in May and June 2016.

Kanter said he wasn't concerned and continued his criticisms of Erdogan, saying, "That dude is a maniac."

"That stuff really don't bother me because I'm used to it," Kanter said after the Knicks practiced Wednesday in New York.

"I think it's just nothing to me, man. I'm in America. I'm good and my focus right now is just going out there, playing basketball, have fun with my teammates and just winning and just thinking about playoffs."

Kanter cannot return to Turkey because his passport has been canceled. He would be tried in absentia.

The player is a vocal supporter of Fethullah Gulen, the U.S.-based cleric blamed by Turkey for last year's failed military coup.

Kanter was detained in Romania on May 20. He said he was able to return to the United States after American officials intervened.

He said his family remains in Turkey and he is concerned for them — he said his father at one point was jailed for a week — but he downplayed the situation otherwise.

"I was like, that's it, only four years? All the trash I've been talking?" Kanter said. "I promise you guys, it doesn't really bother me even bother me a little bit, because my thing is just going out there and playing basketball."

Turkey needs to be basted and fried. Pee on him.

Imagine if the USA jailed people who criticized POTUS.

The USA sucks, doesn’t it

You know that Trump is the most serious threat to the 1st Amemdment ever. But you don’t like knowing it. So you start threads like this.

Erdogan is a Trumpian fucker. Trump LOVES that guy.

Dupes.

There is a reason that Trump is such a huge fan of Erdogan.

Trump is proposing that America become Turkey and jail people who criticize POTUS?

I haven’t seen that.

There is a reason that Trump is such a huge fan of Erdogan.
I was just gonna say that. If these right wingers knew, they wouldn't be making those comments.

636305402292852582-GTY-683829098-90940186.JPG

I love you.

resized_521a9-b0f4da4ftrum.jpg

Her Young Butt was this big.

You know that Trump is the most serious threat to the 1st Amemdment ever. But you don’t like knowing it. So you start threads like this.

Erdogan is a Trumpian fucker. Trump LOVES that guy.

Dupes.
People such as you are the threat.

Trump is proposing that America become Turkey and jail people who criticize POTUS?

I haven’t seen that.

You really don’t pay attention.

I guess not. Do you have a link?

I thought Trump could work with Erdogan without it being perceived that Trump approves of all laws in Turkey.

An NBA player is being tried in absentia in Turkey for critizing Erdogan.

I’m not sure what Trump has to do with it.

I haven’t seen that.

You really don’t pay attention.

I guess not. Do you have a link?

I thought Trump could work with Erdogan without it being perceived that Trump approves of all laws in Turkey.

An NBA player is being tried in absentia in Turkey for critizing Erdogan.

I’m not sure what Trump has to do with it.

The OP suggests that the 1st Amendment is in jeapordy. Is it?

Forum List

Back