Why The Crass Remarks About Rice?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Jan 22, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    a liberal expresses his disgust and contempt for those in the senate who tried to make dr. rice look incompetent and idiotic....

2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Some of this crap just infuriates me. I'm glad to see the writer is sticking up for her,but some of the things people say about her are just completely useless. Hey,maybe we should all accuse Boxer of being anti black. Isn't what Libs would do to a Republican that behaved like her? As far as any radio personality,who cares what the idiot has to say,it means nothing.

To portray such a talented and intelligent woman as nothing but a Bush panderer is assinine and they know it. THEY JUST CAN"T STAND that she is in a position of power and put there by a Republican. They can't use the race card when Bush is putting blacks in positions of power,so they have to try their best to demean them. Whoever voted for Barbara Boxer should be embarassed-she's managed to make a complete horse's ass of herself in front of the whole country.

At least the writer was smart enough to see she is capable of having her own smarts!

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    There is a very good chance that Rice will run against Boxer in 2008. That may have something to do with it.

4. sagegirl

sagegirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    There are several reasons why I dislike dr.rice. I am unforgiving of the people in positions of power when they shirk responsibility for deeds or acts committed on "their watch". I thought that rice's unwillingness to come forward to answer questions of the 9/11 hearings (after a failed attempt by the administration to prevent them) and when she did finally appear to be less than forthcoming with her answers to be an arrogant and contempuous
    attitude. Oversight and careful consideration of the issues that lead to such disasters as terrorist attacks and war should not be treated as inconvenient or inappropriate. Full and willing disclosure should be required of all of our elected and appointed officials. Rice served as head of our National Security and expressed absolute disbelief that such a thing as the terrorist attack of 9/11 could have even been perceived. BS!!!!! It was her job and she failed us, so did her boss. They seem to think that by saying they didnt see it coming, that it was some sort of apparition, appearing from nowhere, and as such unpredictable and unexpected, when in fact neither is the case. I think a person in her position with any sense of duty ,and therefore failure to meet it, would have resigned and gone into relative obscurity. I am not against giving a person the chance to show their stuff but in the final analysis if their stuff proved inadequate I think they should be out. Her attitude at her recent confirmation hearings did not reflect any humility or sorrow for her ineptness, in fact she seemed to think her past performance was something to be proud of. She has had plenty of chances to get it right and has pretty much failed us every time....9/11, wmd, and for a woman who benefited from affirmative action (got her dr.degree due to it) , she came out saying she was against it. (I am not here saying I agree with affirmative action.} So I would like to think that there are many intelligent honest and willing individuals who would step forward to take rice's place...and would do a better job of it.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well Sagegirl, wouldn't wait for the democrats to put one of their minorities in a place of power. Rice will probably be one of the best SOS ever, as she has been at each role she has taken on.

6. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    By your absurd logic, FDR should have resigned after Pearl Harbor. Barbara Boxer is an embarrassment to California. It was beyond the most remote boundary of civility that she impugned the integrity of Dr. Rice. In the Cabinet Confirmation Hearing, Boxer's behavior was politically motivated and obnoxious. I cannot wait for my next opportunity to vote against her.
    -

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Hopefully that will be for Rice!

8. drowe

drowe Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Wow-
    You certainly are very critical of Condoleezza.

In my opinion (worth about $0.02), it is foolish to place the blame on one person for the act(s) of many. It seems you may have bought into that lefty propaganda.

Prior to 9/11, government agencies (CIA, FBI, NSA, DIA etc) did not “cross-talk”, a practice that began before Condoleeza’s time in government service. The Patriot Act has helped cure that ailment in our intelligence gathering. The Patriot Act was proposed during Condoleeza’s time in government service. Looks to me like she got something fixed.

In addition, we all know that it wasn’t just the Bush administration that “knew” Saddam had WMD. Nearly every intelligence agency on the planet “knew” the same thing.

Furthermore, you’re saying that Dr. Rice got her degree solely by affirmative action.

Are you calling her a dumb minority?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    Don't exclude the possibility of VP or (dare I say) President?

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Oh I don't, but she really should hold at least one elected office first. Usually would say governor, but I doubt Arnold is going anywhere.