Why the Church doesn't need more Starbucks

A lot of big churches have what amounts to Starbucks franchises under their roofs. The irony of this is that Starbucks is infamously hostile to Christianity. And, the commercialization of the church foyer brings up thoughts of Jesus expelling the money hangers from the Temple area.

Strarbucks in churches is a symptom of post-Christian religion.

20140115_5444TY1.jpg

A lot of big churches have what amounts to Starbucks franchises under their roofs. The irony of this is that Starbucks is infamously hostile to Christianity. And, the commercialization of the church foyer brings up thoughts of Jesus expelling the money hangers from the Temple area.

Strarbucks in churches is a symptom of post-Christian religion.

20140115_5444TY1.jpg

I've always found it odd to have stores like that in Churches. How do you encourage members to keep the Lords day Holy when you profit off them violating it?

So why did god kill her husband?

?
The guy died of cancer and I am sure the fellow prayed to God to be healed, yet it was not given..

All men are appointed to die at some point. Just as we are appointed to rise in the resurrection. That doesn't mean was striking him down.

Why this time? I don't know. I don't know all things or have all wisdom. But I know God loves His children. And He provides healing for those of His children who need it.

What the hell?

When did they start putting businesses in churches?

It could be that the better question of why God allows mankind to suffer and die is to ask mankind why they are still wasting their time, money, and lives fighting stupid wars and other ridiculous pursuits instead of fighting and curing cancer and other deadly diseases. We have the ability to reason and learn, why aren't we putting it to better use? I don't see it as God's responsibility to fix all our problems, it should be on us.

?
It's a simple question.

That makes no sense since God didn't kill anyone.
He could have saved him but chose not to. Involuntary manslaughter.

He did save Him. That's the point. He suffered death for Him. And because He died this man will rise in immortality and be reunited with his family
That makes no sense. His children are without a father and god could have saved him.

?
It's a simple question.

That makes no sense since God didn't kill anyone.
He could have saved him but chose not to. Involuntary manslaughter.

He did save Him. That's the point. He suffered death for Him. And because He died this man will rise in immortality and be reunited with his family

According to science fiction?

Churches appealing to a customer base is nothing new.

This woman is grieving; of course she doesn't need a Starbucks to get her into a church. But for those who don't desperately need the comfort of religion, a little fresh-brewed coffee might make church more appealing, and the faith might follow.

Forum List

Back