Why stars twinkle ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
It’s due to how light from a vacuum refracts when it enters earths atmosphere

The light photons from the star bounce around in the earth atmosphere because you have different temperature pockets all over the atmosphere at different altitudes .
The light bounces around these different density pockets and gives the illusion of the twinkle

And sorry when you see the sun set ??
It already happened several minutes ago
You missed it
Refraction

Why stars twinkle ??

Because they're gay!

63e2407782cffdee9c874c80b34e0753d0f8b39cv2_00.jpg

You are middle aged and just now discovering the planet?
Yes , I am learning about natural phenomena’s
I find it fun
Ok just wondering visit the planetarium in Las Vegas...
No
I have a better source
A PhD Astro physicist that I read his blogs
I suppose does he have a better show than the planetarium?
A million times better
I am telling you guys what he says

It’s due to how light from a vacuum refracts when it enters earths atmosphere

The light photons from the star bounce around in the earth atmosphere because you have different temperature pockets all over the atmosphere at different altitudes .
The light bounces around these different density pockets and gives the illusion of the twinkle
Yes but it can be cured with a computer and laser.

I flunked Spanish in 9th grade
I flunked calculus and organic chemistry
I got a B+ in 8th grade Espanol, Donde esta el banyo? Banyo means bath but I didn't want to take a bath in Ciudad de Jurarez so I used sign language and jumped up and down hold my crotch.

Last edited:
I remember the night well ... big high pressure system overhead ... the atmosphere was rock solid, no motion of any kind ... I was at about 4,500 feet altitude a good 75 miles from the nearest artificial light source ... no Moon ... alas, no telescope either ...

Maybe you've heard this, and I can confirm it's true ... the Milky Way Galaxy has a slight pinkish hue ... but only on the clearest of night with the most stable of atmosphere from the top of a deserted mountain can it be seen ...

Forum List

Back