Headline: Why September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried

Nope. The articles I started with refer to climate changes.

ex:
Some people will start focusing on the weather in an area, while the scientists are focusing on the changes to our climate.

Yet, "September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried." September 23, 2023

After months of record planetary warmth, temperatures have become even more abnormal in recent weeks — briefly averaging close to 2 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels, a global warming threshold leaders are seeking to avoid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2023/09/23/record-warm-temperature-september-climate-threshold/

https://archive.is
Your entire synopsis focuses on one month....

In 1978 in Phoenix it was over 110 for 27 days straight... its what caused my uncle to move from the state....
In San Diego while I was growing up we had thunder showers during the summer and record cold winters... and they told us it was due to global cooling... a new ice age they called it... the entire world picked it up and scientist's all over the world said it was happening just like today....
Ask one of them today... what the normal temperature is for the planet....
So far no climate has changed nor are any of the 5 climate zones changing. The only thing that has changed in the last 50 years is where the temperature gauges are positioned. They went from a natural environment to various urban heat sinks.

So far no climate has changed nor are any of the 5 climate zones changing. The only thing that has changed in the last 50 years is where the temperature gauges are positioned. They went from a natural environment to various urban heat sinks.
climate NASA dot gov.jpg

actually, if you were ever to read what you're always commenting on:

It's about a trend adding to a near-certainty -- not about a single month.
They use the month as some kind of evidence... its exactly what you claim we do....

This would be the same NASA that assured us of global cooling in the 70s.
The same NASA that sent men to the Moon and brought them back.

and you must learn to keep up:
"This page contains archived content and is no longer being updated. At the time of publication, it represented the best available science."

more from 2014...

BOSTON – Temperatures have plunged to record lows on the East Coast, and once again Peter Gwynne is being heralded as a journalist ahead of his time. By some.

Gwynne was the science editor of Newsweek 39 years ago when he pulled together some interviews from scientists and wrote a nine-paragraph story about how the planet was getting cooler.

Ever since, Gwynne's "global cooling" story – and a similar Time Magazine piece – have been brandished gleefully by those who say it shows global warming is not happening, or at least that scientists – and often journalists – don't know what they are talking about.

and Fact
:

Climate Change Mea Non Culpa​

In 1975, I wrote an article for Newsweek about “global cooling.” Climate change deniers have been using it ever since.​

You must learn to keep up.

They use the month as some kind of evidence... its exactly what you claim we do....
your ignorance is astounding. They are speaking of the month because the article is written in that month :auiqs.jpg:

But the context is regarding the trend.

what an imbecile you are

Facts matter. Distortions and deceptions from people who should know better have misrepresented what was actually presented in an article written in 1975.

Note: Science is not like Religion. Science goes with the available evidence, which often changes with and over time.

"as the author of that story, after decades of scientific advances, let me say this: While the hypotheses described in that original story seemed right at the time, climate scientists now know that they were seriously incomplete. Our climate is warming—not cooling, as the original story suggested."

“There’s no serious dispute any more about whether the globe is warming, whether humans are responsible, and whether we will see large and dangerous changes in the future—in the words of the National Academy of Sciences—which we didn’t know in the 1970s,” said Michael Mann, a climatologist at Pennsylvania State University in University Park. He added that nearly every U.S. scientific society has assessed the evidence and come to the same conclusion.

Some people will start focusing on the weather in an area, while the scientists are focusing on the changes to our climate.

Yet, "September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried." September 23, 2023

We should all be paying attention to John Kerry:

US climate chief rails at Asian coal as geopolitical tensions shadow UN summit​

John Kerry outburst reflects divide between developed and developing economies
Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach ofFT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
US climate chief rails at Asian coal as geopolitical tensions shadow UN summit | Financial Times

“What infuriates me, frankly, and I find myself getting more and more angry about this — but we are not stopping at a broad enough scale the contributions to the problem, and by that I mean emissions are going up,” Kerry told the ministers from assembled nations. “People continue to plan and build and burn unmitigated, unabated fossil fuel.”

Why won't Biden send Kerry to fight the ChiComs and their Climate Change?

They don't have to its in the headline of the thread...

"Headline: Why September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried"​

:auiqs.jpg:

Headline? Headlines often misrepresent the story they are meant to help tell.

You are truly amazing.

The article. Read the article. People who read only headlines end up with foot-in-mouth disease.

Facts matter. Distortions and deceptions from people who should know better have misrepresented what was actually presented in an article written in 1975.

Note: Science is not like Religion. Science goes with the available evidence, which often changes with and over time.

"as the author of that story, after decades of scientific advances, let me say this: While the hypotheses described in that original story seemed right at the time, climate scientists now know that they were seriously incomplete. Our climate is warming—not cooling, as the original story suggested."

Calling someone a "denier" for disagreeing with your "Consensus" is NOT science, it's a Cult

Calling someone a "denier" for disagreeing with your "Consensus" is NOT science, it's a Cult
You see, "Those who reject climate science ignore the fact that, like other fields, climatology has evolved since 1975. The certainty that our atmosphere is indeed warming stems from a series of rigorous observations and theoretical concepts that fit into computer models and an overall framework outlining the nature of Earth’s climate."

You're too sensitive and melt like a snowflake -- during a conversation that gets heated.

What you deny is the science: "And as storms kick in, as water levels rise, they are the first to go." Given the overwhelming evidence that human activity has a grave influence on the climate, Tyson argued that questioning its scientific basis is a waste of time.

But you don't question the scientific basis, you reject it outright and deny the facts.

Forum List

Back