Headline: Why September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried

May 4, 2022
Some people will start focusing on the weather in an area, while the scientists are focusing on the changes to our climate.

Yet, "September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried." September 23, 2023

“I thought we had seen exceptional temperatures back in July,” said Zeke Hausfather, climate research lead for the payment company Stripe. “What we’ve seen this week is well above that.”

The trend adds to near-certainty that 2023 will be Earth’s warmest on record, and heightens threats of the extreme conditions the heat could fuel around the world.
The warmth is likely to be the fingerprints of a deepening El Niño climate pattern and a sign that temperatures will continue to accelerate beyond old norms in the year ahead, scientists said. El Niño, which began to appear this spring, is known for raising global temperatures by releasing vast stores of Pacific Ocean heat into the atmosphere.

We should all be paying attention to John Kerry:

US climate chief rails at Asian coal as geopolitical tensions shadow UN summit​

John Kerry outburst reflects divide between developed and developing economies
Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach ofFT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found here.
US climate chief rails at Asian coal as geopolitical tensions shadow UN summit | Financial Times

“What infuriates me, frankly, and I find myself getting more and more angry about this — but we are not stopping at a broad enough scale the contributions to the problem, and by that I mean emissions are going up,” Kerry told the ministers from assembled nations. “People continue to plan and build and burn unmitigated, unabated fossil fuel.”

Last edited:
One thing my father taught me at an early age is you can't control the weather. Even if you're Bill Gates or Elon Musk - you're just wasting your damn time.

• Banned
One thing my father taught me at an early age is you can't control the weather. Even if you're Bill Gates or Elon Musk - you're just wasting your damn time.

Your father? Please do not bring family into a thread. What I'd like to say about your father and your family is not allowed -- not allowed under rules of decency.

Some people will always focus on the weather in a particular area...

It's the middle of June in SW Wisconsin, and the temperatures are still going down in the 50's at night.

...while the scientists are focusing on the changes to our climate. Back in June 2023, headlines were: Fears of hottest year on record as global temperatures spike. People belittled the fears.

I listen to scientists, and not Trolls, Kooks, and Whackos on the World Wide Web. This is something serious. This is something to seriously think about. Do people really care about our children, our environment, our planet? Or does partisan politics and ideological issues cloud reasoning?

Like I said:

Some people will always focus on the weather in a particular area...

...while the scientists are focusing on the changes to our climate. Back in June 2023, headlines were: Fears of hottest year on record as global temperatures spike. People belittled the fears.

I did. September has been unseasonably cool over the United States. A polar vortex is forming that will slam us with an early and severe winter. Too bad for those Biden priced out of the heating oil market.

"After months of record planetary warmth, temperatures have become even more abnormal in recent weeks — briefly averaging close to 2 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels, a global warming threshold leaders are seeking to avoid."

“I thought we had seen exceptional temperatures back in July,” said Zeke Hausfather, climate research lead for the payment company Stripe. “What we’ve seen this week is well above that.”

"The trend adds to near-certainty that 2023 will be Earth’s warmest on record, and heightens threats of the extreme conditions the heat could fuel around the world."

"After months of record planetary warmth, temperatures have become even more abnormal in recent weeks — briefly averaging close to 2 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels, a global warming threshold leaders are seeking to avoid."

"The trend adds to near-certainty that 2023 will be Earth’s warmest on record, and heightens threats of the extreme conditions the heat could fuel around the world."
In 1978 in Phoenix it was over 110 for 27 days straight... its what caused my uncle to move from the state....
In San Diego while I was growing up we had thunder showers during the summer and record cold winters... and they told us it was due to global cooling... a new ice age they called it... the entire world picked it up and scientist's all over the world said it was happening just like today....
Ask one of them today... what the normal temperature is for the planet....

In 1978 in Phoenix it was over 110 for 27 days straight... its what caused my uncle to move from the state....
In San Diego while I was growing up we had thunder showers during the summer and record cold winters... and they told us it was due to global cooling... a new ice age they called it... the entire world picked it up and scientist's all over the world said it was happening just like today....
Ask one of them today... what the normal temperature is for the planet....

thank you

But, I'll go with the overwhelming majority of Scientists on this.

and NASA

Isn't that what you have been doing with this whole thread?....
Nope. The articles I started with refer to climate changes.

ex:
Some people will start focusing on the weather in an area, while the scientists are focusing on the changes to our climate.

Yet, "September’s record-warm temperatures have scientists so worried." September 23, 2023

After months of record planetary warmth, temperatures have become even more abnormal in recent weeks — briefly averaging close to 2 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels, a global warming threshold leaders are seeking to avoid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2023/09/23/record-warm-temperature-september-climate-threshold/

https://archive.is

Isn't that what you have been doing with this whole thread?....
While weather refers to short-term changes in the atmosphere, climate refers to atmospheric changes over longer periods of time, usually defined as 30 years or more. This is why it is possible to have an especially cold spell even though, on average, global temperatures are rising.Jun 2, 2022

Hope the above helps in your seeking to understand things.

One resource to assist people in seeking to understand the issues of climate changes.

climate.NASA.gov

climate NASA dot gov.jpg

A report of record warmth does not mean real warmth. Across the entire country it has been unseasonably cool. With the building Polar vortex, we have a better chance of heading into another ice age.

Forum List

Back