Why so much hatred and opposition to the Tesla (or other EVs)?

If it was affordable, I'd use an EV for the weekly driving to and from work and hold onto My ICE auto for long trips on the weekends or vacation, or just because I felt like it.

I get that people have different tastes in cars. But the level of hostility and rancor shown towards the Tesla exceeds it not being your favorite car.

Can anyone explain it to me?

The fossil fuel industry has its propaganda machine operating at full capacity to stop anything that doesn't burn oil or gasoline. Electric cars, global warming. The people here that post against these things are just dupes carrying the water of the few greedy pieces of shit covered in oil.

No matter, "No army is as great as an idea who's time has come". The die is cast and the whiners are whale oil salesmen who are trying to keep the petroleum industry from destroying their businesses in 1890. The irony is so delicious.
That Prius gonna haul the 3 or 4 tons of material I need every week for work?

So you've never heard of an electric locomotive engine. And yes they also make them to run off of batteries. Trucks are far lighter.

It's all been done Joey. But you still think it magic for some reason?
You're a clueless tool. Those vehicles can not take the lifestyle of a construction vehicle.

Uh huh. Because physical energy created by oil is different than physical energy created by electricity. And a 'construction' vehicle requires so much more energy than an operating locomotive.

Oh how Benjamin Franklin would be so sad with all the people that now hate electricity. Poor Ben. He gave up the key to the outhouse for his discovery and now he's pushed aside. Next you'll say no one could use wooden teeth! Do I need to get Washington on yo' ass!?

I get that people have different tastes in cars. But the level of hostility and rancor shown towards the Tesla exceeds it not being your favorite car.

The fossil fuel industry has its propaganda machine operating at full capacity to stop anything that doesn't burn oil or gasoline. Electric cars, global warming. The people here that post against these things are just dupes carrying the water of the few greedy pieces of shit covered in oil.

No matter, "No army is as great as an idea who's time has come". The die is cast and the whiners are whale oil salesmen who are trying to keep the petroleum industry from destroying their businesses in 1890. The irony is so delicious.

So you've never heard of an electric locomotive engine. And yes they also make them to run off of batteries. Trucks are far lighter.

You're a clueless tool. Those vehicles can not take the lifestyle of a construction vehicle.

Uh huh. Because physical energy created by oil is different than physical energy created by electricity. And a 'construction' vehicle requires so much more energy than an operating locomotive.

Oh how Benjamin Franklin would be so sad with all the people that now hate electricity. Poor Ben. He gave up the key to the outhouse for his discovery and now he's pushed aside. Next you'll say no one could use wooden teeth! Do I need to get Washington on yo' ass!?
Durability dumbass

Durability dumbass

Alliteration! You're well on your way to becoming a mediocre poet. Now try pentatonics. Or Vodka.

Durability dumbass

Alliteration! You're well on your way to becoming a mediocre poet. Now try pentatonics. Or Vodka.

How sad is it that you think you're clever

The government spent decades subsidizing the internet before it finally became profitable to use.

How many innovations came out of the Space Program?

The government built Arpanet for the DOD. Arpanet technology was based on X.25 protocol and PDP-11 servers, outdated by the early '80s, IP routers and switches, DSL, ATM, were all developed by private industry. The government didn't pay for laying the millions of miles of cable globally on which it runs. As much as Al Gore takes credit for the Internet, he didn't invent it.

The government doesn't have to subsidize Internet. It sells itself, it's a useful and highly profitable business. The government doesn't have to pay half of everyone's Internet bill to encourage adaptation.

The Space Program wasn't about developing new technologies ... it was about beating the Russians to the moon. $20 Billion to create non-stick pans isn't exactly cost effective. Subsidizing the electric car isn't about developing tech, the Army doesn't want electric tanks. This is about forcing a product on the American public for ideological purposes that they clearly wouldn't buy if they weren't being paid to do it.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to smoke the tires in honor of this thread.
Then I'm going to haul a few tons of shit to the jobsite.

Both of which, no rubber band truck can do.

The Space Program wasn't about developing new technologies ... it was about beating the Russians to the moon. $20 Billion to create non-stick pans isn't exactly cost effective.

No, but today, we enjoy a lot more benefits from that program than non-stick pans. for instance, satellites that make our computer age possible along with the internet the government invested in.

You see, the problem with Market Based economies is that they only produce products that get people rich. Which is why Big Pharma hasn't cured cancer yet, but they've created a pill that will give you a boner.

satellites that make our computer age possible along with the internet the government invested in.

Actually, not. Satellite-based two-way data transmission has largely been eclipsed by land and sea based cables which are all privately owned. Geosynchronous satellites orbit at 26,000 miles, giving every transmitted packet a 52,000 mile round trip -- incurring between 250 and 300ms delay (massive in today's environment). Between 1997 and 2001, private companies such as WorldCom and AT&T installed ten times the undersea transmission capacity globally than had been installed in the previous 100 years.

The first commercial satellite, Telstar 1 was launched in 1962 and 50 Billion dollars has been invested privately by commercial satellite operators.

As I said previously, none of the technology used in today's Internet came from government funding. The Arpanet / DDN ran on a totally different network architecture which was largely obsolete even when it was first installed.

Do you know the size of the battery that would be required for a Locomotive if it wasn't hooked up to a power grid or had, GASP it's own diesel to provide power via a generator (dual use Locomotives)

Show me an in use train locomotive that runs of batteries.

Because physical energy created by oil is different than physical energy created by electricity

Significantly different. Both in the way different ways they are used to create motive power and how efficiently they can be stored. ICE engines are several times more efficient in both creating motive force and in storage than current electric motors.

As I said previously, none of the technology used in today's Internet came from government funding. The Arpanet / DDN ran on a totally different network architecture which was largely obsolete even when it was first installed.

Okay you can keep saying that, but you're full of shit.

I started my previous career installing Arpanet nodes at military bases all over the Western US. I worked in telecoms from 1978 until I retired in 2014. I'm pretty sure I know more about this topic than you.

I honestly haven't noticed. Where is this a problem?

Forum List

Back