Why smug atheists are wrong

I cant think of one single religion on earth that lives farther from its tenets than western christians and catholics.....can anybody?

Kind of nice and convenient for agnostics not having any tenets to uphold, isn't it?

Boy, you don't ask for much, do you? "Just give me my hamburger and my bottle of beer and a TV for a few years and that's all that matters. When I'm dead it's all over forever."

How fatalistic and blind. So you think some molecules just had a rave party and started crashing against each other and "poof" out came live animals? And then more crazy orgies and now we have a spider or a mouse and then wings appeared on lizards and they were flying? Oh, wow. Isn't amazing what can happen by chance with no intelligent designer, no God, no nothing but dust doing it's thing?

I have a strong network of family and friends. We share time together, help each other out and make each other happy. It's pretty fulfilling, actually. I don't do the beer hamburger thing, I personal train people (a lot of the time for free), because helping others also fulfills me.

These are things human beings do with or without Religion. I didnt need a book to tell me that it feels good to have & give love.

You're pretty ignorant for someone who believes they posess the book with all of the answers.

Well, I was hoping you did not think I was being factual on your personal life. Still, you should be able to understand my point... i.e. that most people are selfish and lazy and ask for so little.

So what good is a secular humanist philosophy for the 2/3 of the world that are impoverished, malnourished, oppressed and abandoned? What do you say to them? "Too bad charlie, you only have a few years of existence and all you are going to get is a bowl of rice each day and then you die." Is that the meaning of life? Are you telling me there is no God? Are you telling me it is not incumbent upon man to seek the truth?

I am not so selfish as to be content because "I got mine." I am not so blind or apathetic as to ignore the very signs God gives us that you either say do not exist or never noticed. It makes all the difference.

You're using a logical fallacy. You're telling me that because there is much imperfection in the world, then we should tell the impoverished that there's some magical being out there and life after this one will be tubular.....or else their life is meaningless.

One does not preclude the other, that's a waste of time you did with that post. It was meaningless.

I have a strong network of family and friends. We share time together, help each other out and make each other happy. It's pretty fulfilling, actually. I don't do the beer hamburger thing, I personal train people (a lot of the time for free), because helping others also fulfills me.

These are things human beings do with or without Religion. I didnt need a book to tell me that it feels good to have & give love.

You're pretty ignorant for someone who believes they posess the book with all of the answers.

Well, I was hoping you did not think I was being factual on your personal life. Still, you should be able to understand my point... i.e. that most people are selfish and lazy and ask for so little.

So what good is a secular humanist philosophy for the 2/3 of the world that are impoverished, malnourished, oppressed and abandoned? What do you say to them? "Too bad charlie, you only have a few years of existence and all you are going to get is a bowl of rice each day and then you die." Is that the meaning of life? Are you telling me there is no God? Are you telling me it is not incumbent upon man to seek the truth?

I am not so selfish as to be content because "I got mine." I am not so blind or apathetic as to ignore the very signs God gives us that you either say do not exist or never noticed. It makes all the difference.

You're using a logical fallacy. You're telling me that because there is much imperfection in the world, then we should tell the impoverished that there's some magical being out there and life after this one will be tubular.....or else their life is meaningless.

One does not preclude the other, that's a waste of time you did with that post. It was meaningless.

And you are telling me you really do not give a care about the impoverished and oppressed well being? At least "your party" does not. It is Christian organizations, far and away, caring for them and bringing them some comfort. So much for the atheists who say "this is all there is." Because they are only looking out for themselves. How noble.

I cant think of one single religion on earth that lives farther from its tenets than western christians and catholics.....can anybody?

Kind of nice and convenient for agnostics not having any tenets to uphold, isn't it?

I have the tenets of my family and community to uphold, thank you very much.

Yes, and I see them in action on an aggregate basis. Globally everyone is selfish and this nation has degenerated into a sea of narcissists who could not care less about their neighbor.

maybe there is no god after all?

And you are telling me you really do not give a care about the impoverished and oppressed well being? At least "your party" does not. It is Christian organizations, far and away, caring for them and bringing them some comfort. So much for the atheists who say "this is all there is." Because they are only looking out for themselves. How noble.

My party? Why should I continue this discussion? I shouldnt. You argue in imaginaries and assumptions.

I already told you I'm not an atheist, for one.

Two - it is HUMANS who care. I am a HUMAN, yet you somehow feel it dire to tell me I dont care?

I care. You're wrong, you're speaking to imaginary people you're having a discussion with, it seems.

I have the tenets of my family and community to uphold, thank you very much.

Yes, and I see them in action on an aggregate basis. Globally everyone is selfish and this nation has degenerated into a sea of narcissists who could not care less about their neighbor.

maybe there is no god after all?

My family and community care about their neighbor. Maybe you should move.

Forum List

Back