Why smug atheists are wrong

It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

That's exactly wrong. Athiests wonder and thus want to know what really put us here.

Theists wish, and make shit up that pleases them or gives them hope they will not pay the price of being born: death.

Look up the rules for adjectives that modify nouns and get back to me.

Why? Where ya tryin' to get?

Does it annoy you that much that a bunch of idiots are failing to make me look stupid?

I would not characterize you as "a bunch of idiots." The apt term is: "myself."

Noodle on it; it'll come to you.

That might have made sense if I was talking to you instead of about you.

Not possible; I'm an Atheist. We're way smarter that you group-thinkers, assuming you believe in imagined horseshit like gods, spirits, angels, heaven, hell and other ancient myths.

But I hate to assume. Where ya at on that?

Last edited:
Religions are evil percy, so we disagree. Lies are lies, men are lying when they claim to write the word of god. And even taking the telephone game into account I mean jesus....what percent of religions are lies even if ONE were to be found true. Lies.

Religions are evil percy, so we disagree. Lies are lies, men are lying when they claim to write the word of god. And even taking the telephone game into account I mean jesus....what percent of religions are lies even if ONE were to be found true. Lies.

Oh .... you object to politics.

(didn't see that one coming...eh?)

I object to religions. They are lies..they do not convey the word of god...but instead say so as a means of control. Why are they accepting money instead of living as hunter gatherers? Someone forgot to show them how to fish. Instead of living humble in the woods....they live in glorious castles. They talk that twist but they dont live that life. And thats because its bullshit, what theyre selling. And it sells.

Last edited:
I object to religions. They are lies..they do not convey the word of god...but instead say so as a means of control. Why are they accepting money instead of living as hunter gatherers? Someone forgot to show them how to fish. Instead of living humble in the woods....they live in glorious castles. They talk that twist but they dont live that life. And thats because its bullshit, what theyre selling. And it sells.

I understand your personal feelings about religion. I have my problems too.

However, is there a reason why churches should be in the woods and be made up of hunter/gatherers? I don't quite follow. I don't recall seeing anything in the Bible that indicates that is a proper life of a Jew or Christian, but I could have missed something.

The religion tells to teach a man to fish instead of giving him food..or he'll never learn or grow as a person. But the church itself is funded on donations, handouts. Also, religions are amongst tue wealthiest organizations on earth...and achieving all of this material wealth on earth as opposed to living meek and awaiting the riches of heaven shows a true..umm.....lack of faith.

Not possible; I'm an Atheist. We're way smarter that you group-thinkers, assuming you believe in imagined horseshit like gods, spirits, angels, heaven, hell and other ancient myths.

You think atheists aren't group-thinkers?

Pfffft...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You think atheists aren't group-thinkers?

Pfffft...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Of course not. We're curious, and only accept what are as yet unproven theories, which means essentially this:

Okie doke. Evolution seems apparent in the fosil record. What's the mechanism? Genetics is it? Okay now, seems more likely still since we have both affect, and cause. Plus taking into account every other fact known to Man (humans), and nothing contradicts, that's about as close to the truth as we've yet come, as to what got us here. Certainly it trumps looking at stars and planets, and wondering what those lights are and who's lighting them, and imagining all kinds of shit, writing it down, and then saying, "It is written!!!" No shit? How's that different than Hustler Mag? Fewer pictures makes it divine inspiration? Okay. Maybe. Any more recent divine inspirations? And where are they now? Padded rooms, are they? Hmmm? I wonder if maybe the divinely inspired back in the day, might have been nuts too. Maybe schizophrenia passed as words from, uh, above since gods are up there in them stars we see at night. Possible?

Could be, and one who cans dogma and just noodles on it, might be doubtful ... if not rolling on the floor laughing.

And yet, all of that said, anytime any god wants to show him/her/itself, proving they are indeed real, as dyed-in-the-wool Athiest as I am, that would have me leading the parade in that god's honor. I'd update my thoughts based on the new information, in a fucking nanosecond.

How do you suppose Theists are recieving all the new knowledge? Hmmmm? Being real open-minded, ya think? Or the opposite?

Last edited:

We're way smarter that you group-thinkers

Atheism with its sociopathic tendencies is smarter than Christianity?

And you knuckleheads built how many Catholic or Jewish or Presbyterian or Methodist or Baptist hospitals in the last 4 centuries? :lmao:

I'm not aware of any atheist groups that provide housing/clothing/food/medical assistance to the needy.

Do you?

I'm not aware of any atheist groups that provide housing/clothing/food/medical assistance to the needy.

Do you?

Atheist Charities

Here's one example from the link:

"Atheist Centre of India supports intercaste marriages and actively works to end child marriages and caste separation. The also provide aid to women in distress such as single mothers and prostitutes and promote equality of the sexes. Their education campaigns are designed to fight dangerous superstitions and practices such as witch hunts which can result in harm to innocent people."

Last edited:
Does it annoy you that much that a bunch of idiots are failing to make me look stupid?

You do that yourself. You're just too busy being annoying to realize it.

I fail to make myself look stupid by being annoying?

Imagine that.

Where are you pulling this from? You seem to have a hard time with reading comprehension... You succeed fantastically at making yourself look stupid, but are so busy being annoying and trying to stump everyone that disagrees with you, without using logical argumentation or actually paying attention to what is being said in the thread. I call this, annoying. Try to actually make a contribution to a thread, as opposed to being an annoying troll.

Last edited:
The religion tells to teach a man to fish instead of giving him food..or he'll never learn or grow as a person. But the church itself is funded on donations, handouts. Also, religions are amongst tue wealthiest organizations on earth...and achieving all of this material wealth on earth as opposed to living meek and awaiting the riches of heaven shows a true..umm.....lack of faith.

You really don't know that much about religion, do you?

This entire thread is an ad hominem logical fallacy. I know I love to point these things out. 1.) it's fun, and 2.) If it's true, it needs to be pointed out. Every time.

A smug atheist is no more wrong or right than an unsmug atheist, simply by virtue of their "smugness." It is their claims that must be evaluated, and this is what makes them wrong or right.

I realize this thread was probably made with a sense of humor, but I had to do it.

Last edited:
This entire thread is an ad hominem logical fallacy. I know I love to point these things out. 1.) it's fun, and 2.) If it's true, it needs to be pointed out. Every time.

A smug atheist is no more wrong or right than an unsmug atheist, simply by virtue of their "smugness." It is their claims that must be evaluated, and this is what makes them wrong or right.

I realize this thread was probably made with a sense of humor, but I had to do it.

Actually, their claims just make them wrong. About God, at least. They could be right about something, like cooking or mechanics or something.

Forum List

Back