Why should Ford pull ad?

Since Ford supported the bailout, and presumably in its own way benefited from it,

you have to admit it would be pretty weasely to then turn around and try to sell product on a lie, stated or implied.

Unless commercials are completely offensive why bother? Anybody who relies on Madison Ave., the legendery home of lies and exaggeration and psycho-babble aka advertising, to acceurately describe a product is a fool or a victim of pop-culture education. It's no secret that Mad Ave employs a little army of psychologists to guage the effects of commercials and fine tune the emotion card. The Subaru commercial blatently says that the car saved the guy's life without bothering to explain. You see the driver of a new Subaru stop next to his old Subaru in a junk yard and lovingly remove the shift nob (sniff sniff) and the briefcase the Police impound forgot. It's a soap opera people. How about the old timer who tells his daughter to be careful as she grows up before our eyes? It's a genuine tear jerker worthy of Hollywood. The point is that it's all lies. The cars are good enough but it's the commercials that are in competition with each other.

The Subaru one where she is about 5 as he lectures...and is really 16 - 17? That one hit about the time my Dau. started driving.

Am a big fan of the Darth Vader Volkswagen commercial.

Doesn't mean I am going out to buy anything, I just appreciate not being insulted. A commercial is supposed to get your attention and sell the product. So few actually entertain while doing so.

Since Ford supported the bailout, and presumably in its own way benefited from it,

you have to admit it would be pretty weasely to then turn around and try to sell product on a lie, stated or implied.

Did they take any stimulus money?

Did they sell their sole to the U.S. gov't?

:link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0"]The Force: Volkswagen Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qf8OGLqE1s"]Baby Driver - YouTube[/ame]

Both tug at your heart, aren't overtly heavy handed in doing so.

Last edited:
Yeah, because and overabundance of supply always jacks up the prices. :rofl:

Yes, and every supplier knows to operate at maximum output even when two of your major vendors go under.

:cuckoo:
GM & Chrysler wouldn't have vanished from the Earth, you simpleton.

They would've been reorganized and someone who could make them go would have stepped in to run them.

The bailout was nothing more than taxpayer funded payola to UAW.
And you don't think the robbers on Wall street didn't make out like bandits with their bailout.
:eusa_whistle:

Yes, and every supplier knows to operate at maximum output even when two of your major vendors go under.

:cuckoo:
GM & Chrysler wouldn't have vanished from the Earth, you simpleton.

They would've been reorganized and someone who could make them go would have stepped in to run them.

The bailout was nothing more than taxpayer funded payola to UAW.
And you don't think the robbers on Wall street didn't make out like bandits with their bailout.
:eusa_whistle:

I guess that makes it ok then. :doubt:

More anti Obama phony outrage....
Nice to know that you believe censorship is acceptable.

Although it's infinitly easier for the Ron Paul crowd to do back seat political driving...thier platform will never actualy be tried or tested.
Well, only if you ignore the first 150 years of the nation's history.
You need to check the definition of censorship.

You haven't read any history if you think our first 150 years had anything to do with what pseudo libertarians like yourself espouse.

More anti Obama phony outrage.......

...oh well....it's to be expected from anybody who hates an incumbent president. Standard modus operandi....complain about everything. Lefties did it under Bush too.

Although it's infinitly easier for the Ron Paul crowd to do back seat political driving...thier platform will never actualy be tried or tested.

Nothing phony here bro.... I think its an outrage that this regime would pressure a privately owned company to pull advertising. Especially since it was true and honest.

That is one of the reasons I wont buy a new GM or Chrysler product... exactly what the man in the ad said. He feels like I do about it.

I loved the ad myself.
My problem is nopt about whether this issue deserves outrage...what bother me is that is a Republican did it....neither you nor OddBall would give it one thought.

I remember when we used to argue about Ford VS Chevy based on their cars....now you wanna buy a car, or not buy a car, based on the idiology of the carmaker?

This country is too politicized. But you wait...when the Republicans are back in the White house...they'll be crying for unity again.

More anti Obama phony outrage....
Nice to know that you believe censorship is acceptable.

Well, only if you ignore the first 150 years of the nation's history.
I'd go with only about the first 80 years, but what the hell. The first rotten bastard potus from Illinois was real big on censorship.

Last edited:
Yes,.... because ALL businesses can't do it or recover without government intervention

heh heh I never wrote that Dave. Not even close. But if you want to hate me for words you see in your head, go for it. I really don't care.

YOU

Called THIS

"GM & Chrysler wouldn't have vanished from the Earth, you simpleton.

They would've been reorganized and someone who could make them go would have stepped in to run them."

An assumption.... but it is indeed how businesses work... you calling such a thing an assumption would make one tend to believe that the survival would not have happened without government intervention... else you would not have called that statement an assumption..

...oh well....it's to be expected from anybody who hates an incumbent president. Standard modus operandi....complain about everything. Lefties did it under Bush too.

Nothing phony here bro.... I think its an outrage that this regime would pressure a privately owned company to pull advertising. Especially since it was true and honest.

That is one of the reasons I wont buy a new GM or Chrysler product... exactly what the man in the ad said. He feels like I do about it.

I loved the ad myself.
My problem is nopt about whether this issue deserves outrage...what bother me is that is a Republican did it....neither you nor OddBall would give it one thought.

I remember when we used to argue about Ford VS Chevy based on their cars....now you wanna buy a car, or not buy a car, based on the idiology of the carmaker?

This country is too politicized. But you wait...when the Republicans are back in the White house...they'll be crying for unity again.

Do you have any evidence to prove this?

There is NO way I would have kept my mouth shut.... AGAIN, I am NO Booshbot. Try proving what you say or accuse your fellow man of.

You are right about us being too politicized.... but that can be blamed on the idiots in DC, and that includes Boosh and Obamie.... Hell, the whole lot of them needs to be replaced with strict constitutionalists!

I loved the ad myself.

I'm with you on this post. It was a good ad that just stated how a lot of Americans feel. I also won't buy GM or Chrysler.

I loved the ad myself.

Do you have any evidence to prove this?

There is NO way I would have kept my mouth shut.... AGAIN, I am NO Booshbot. Try proving what you say or accuse your fellow man of.

You are right about us being too politicized.... but that can be blamed on the idiots in DC, and that includes Boosh and Obamie.... Hell, the whole lot of them needs to be replaced with strict constitutionalists!
And before it's too late.

Forum List

Back