Why should Ford pull ad?

More anti Obama phony outrage....
Nice to know that you believe censorship is acceptable.

Although it's infinitly easier for the Ron Paul crowd to do back seat political driving...thier platform will never actualy be tried or tested.
Well, only if you ignore the first 150 years of the nation's history.
I'd go with only about the first 80 years, but what the hell. The first rotten bastard potus from Illinois was real big on censorship.
I was being charitable.

Nonetheless, the charge was that Dr. Paul's ideas were never actually tested and tried, which is a bald-faced lie.

I'd go with only about the first 80 years, but what the hell. The first rotten bastard potus from Illinois was real big on censorship.
I was being charitable.

Nonetheless, the charge was that Dr. Paul's ideas were never actually tested and tried, which is a bald-faced lie.
Dr Paul's ideas have never been tested. Show me when strict consitutional fiscal conservatism and non interventionalism existed in American history....and if you really feel like having an original thought....tell me how you could create that state in America today.

Does Oddball hold your hair back when you're puking too? You two should take your hands off each other's penis's.

Man up guys....I can take you all easilly one on one. All you guys got is insults and stroking each other's weak comebacks.

Those social security checks and medicare covered doctor visits must be nice!

Yeah, they are nice. It's great to live on $1,000/month, from which state and federal income tax, along with medicare insurance premiums are deducted. Indeed, we are living high on the hog, and we only had to work 45 years paying into the system to receive this luxurious windfall, laughing all the way to the bank because we so enjoy screwing self-serving, clueless narcissists like yourself. Moron.
You totaly missed my point. And your insults are vulgar.

My point wasn't that medicare and social security are luxurious....my point was that strict consitutionalists like Oddball are hypocrits if they collect social security and are on medicare...because they want to eliminate those same benefits they enjoy...if they have them.

What did Abraham Lincoln censor?
Opposition newspapers across the north were shut down and/or denied the use of the postal service to distribute their papers, others had their presses destroyed.
Other than that, not much.
That was in war time.....they didn't want spies using the press to communicate.

I was being charitable.

That's "bold faced" lie.......

What did Abraham Lincoln censor?
Opposition newspapers across the north were shut down and/or denied the use of the postal service to distribute their papers, others had their presses destroyed.
Other than that, not much.
That was in war time.....they didn't want spies using the press to communicate.

Tyrants can always find a justification.

It was in wartime and Lincoln desired his critics silenced. This talk of spies communicating is nonsense and revisionist without credible evidence, Spies operated well enough on both sides without help from editors from New York, Connecticut, Indiana, or Maine.

Rhodes tells (History of the United States, Vol. IV., p. 164, et seq.) of .... "open dissatisfaction which in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin broke out into positive violence over the draft necessary under the call for 300,000 militia."
Among many records of the suppression of newspapers we have the following, in a letter of Gen. John A. Dix3 to Secretary Stanton, February 18, 1862, "Samuel Sands Mills, publisher and proprietor, and Thomas H. Piggott, editor, of The South, were arrested last evening, kept in the station-house during the night, and sent to Fort McHenry this morning. The office of The South was seized last evening, and is in possession of the police. John M. Mills, a partner in the concern, has also been arrested, and will be sent to Fort McHenry immediately."
The same, page 791, has in a note, "For the full proceedings of the House on July 18, 1861, concerning the charges against May, the attack by a Baltimore man on the Federal troops, and Chief of Police Kane's connection therewith, see Congressional Globe for July 20, 1861, p. 196, et seq."
*War of the Rebellion; Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, Series II., Vol. II., p. 788.

The same volume, page 795, gives Pinkerton's report of the arrest, about midnight, 12th September, 1866, of Messrs. Scott, Wallis, F. Key Howard, Hall, May, and Warfield.
The same volume, p. 938 to 956, tells of the arrest of Messrs. Flanders Brothers, editors of the Gazette, Franklin county, N. Y., for complete opposition to the war—and of exclusion of the Gazette from the mails.
Rhodes describes (History of the United States, Vol. IV., p. 175, et seq.) the suppression of a "disloyal" paper in Cincinnati, and (p. 253) the exclusion from the mails of the New York World and the suppression of the Chicago Times by General Burnside, and says of Burnside's orders, "Strange pronunciamentos were these to apply to the States of Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois, where there was no war; where the courts were open and the people were living under the American Constitution and English law." Could there be more conclusive evidence of the attitude of Chicago and the great States he names, for which Chicago is a great commercial centre, than Rhodes's record, as follows: "The Times had gone beyond any print, North or South, in its opposition to the war and its devotion to the interests of the rebellion." Rhodes goes on to say (p. 254) that "the President yielded, .... but he deserves no credit, . . . . for he simply responded to the outburst of sentiment" in Chicago, manifested by action of the city government and the State government, "which sentiment," he adds, "was beginning to spread over the whole North." Rhodes's note on page 253, quoted from the Chicago Tribune of June 5, 1863, gives more light on the matter and fixes the date of the events.

We have Lincoln's own order to General Dix of May 18, 1864,4 to "arrest and imprison in any fort or military prison in your command the editors, proprietors and publishers of the New York World and the New York Journal of Commerce." The two journals were the very embodiment of all that was most respected, so that General Dix hesitated (p. 388), and was compelled to obey by peremptory letters from Secretary Stanton. Rhodes mentions (History of the United States, Vol. III., p. 555) "the arrest of a crippled newsboy for selling the New York Daily News in Connecticut."
The Real Lioncoln: from the testimony of his contemporaries
by Charles Landon Carter Minor
Pub. 1904 Everett Waddey Co.

Last edited:
Does Oddball hold your hair back when you're puking too? You two should take your hands off each other's penis's.

Man up guys....I can take you all easilly one on one. All you guys got is insults and stroking each other's weak comebacks.

Those social security checks and medicare covered doctor visits must be nice!

Yeah, they are nice. It's great to live on $1,000/month, from which state and federal income tax, along with medicare insurance premiums are deducted. Indeed, we are living high on the hog, and we only had to work 45 years paying into the system to receive this luxurious windfall, laughing all the way to the bank because we so enjoy screwing self-serving, clueless narcissists like yourself. Moron.
You totaly missed my point. And your insults are vulgar.

My point wasn't that medicare and social security are luxurious....my point was that strict consitutionalists like Oddball are hypocrits if they collect social security and are on medicare...because they want to eliminate those same benefits they enjoy...if they have them.
I had my money expropriated from me...I'm entitled to at least recoup the loot.

I believe it's called restorative justice, Mr. Closet Tyrant.

Boy....you anti Obama folks sure are an angry bunch.....the conservative media has certainly prepared you all well.

Your mothers would be ashamed of you.

You wouldn't be privileged enough even to lick the soles of my mother's shoes after she trudged through horseshit, so you certainly know fuck all what she would think of my position on this topic.

Moron.

Boy....you anti Obama folks sure are an angry bunch.....the conservative media has certainly prepared you all well.

Your mothers would be ashamed of you.

You wouldn't be privileged enough even to lick the soles of my mother's shoes after she trudged through horseshit, so you certainly know fuck all what she would think of my position on this topic.

Moron.
Well said.

Because of this story, every time I see one of those ford ads I immediately think of the pulled one and the fact that ford didn't take a bailout.

Pulling this ad was SMART! It got way more exposure this way.

Great ad! WTF? Who is wanting it pulled?
Oh....

my.....

Gawd.

Truthmatters? Is that you?

Idiot.

Oh..
My...
Gawd....
Nope.

Now as far as that idiot thing...
As you clearly are a moron, definitely in the technical sense, I'll type slowly for you: This thread is about folks not being pleased about Obama's request to stifle the ad.

YOU have been ranting and raving and crying like a little girl because folks are complaining about Obama (but you obviously have no idea why they are complaining).

Then, you make that post (the one I quoted) agreeing with the folks you are opposing.

That makes you a moron - an hysterical moron, at that.

Oh....

my.....

Gawd.

Truthmatters? Is that you?

Idiot.

Oh..
My...
Gawd....
Nope.

Now as far as that idiot thing...
As you clearly are a moron, definitely in the technical sense, I'll type slowly for you: This thread is about folks not being pleased about Obama's request to stifle the ad.

YOU have been ranting and raving and crying like a little girl because folks are complaining about Obama (but you obviously have no idea why they are complaining).

Then, you make that post (the one I quoted) agreeing with the folks you are opposing.

That makes you a moron - an hysterical moron, at that.

Errr yeah. I'm not sure what you think the phrase "Obama sucks" means, but if you search it in this forum, you'll find I've written it at least a hundred times.
But I get it. You're so stupid that you you think I'm an Obama fan. Lemme guess. I disagreed with you on something once. Usually, if you disagree with a Lib, an Independent or a Moderate Conserv, they'll debate the issue with you. But disagree with a a colossally stupid whackjob like you just once, and suddenly someone is an "Obama Fan". :lol:

Forum List

Back