Why should Ford pull ad?

Do you have any evidence to prove this?

There is NO way I would have kept my mouth shut.... AGAIN, I am NO Booshbot. Try proving what you say or accuse your fellow man of.

You are right about us being too politicized.... but that can be blamed on the idiots in DC, and that includes Boosh and Obamie.... Hell, the whole lot of them needs to be replaced with strict constitutionalists!
Yeah right.....are you going to accept medicare when you retire? and will you turn down social security too?

I'm just trying guage your potential for hypocrasy.

If you in fact did criticize Boosh.....I stand corrected. The problem with people who think Boosh and Obama are bad....is that they think everyone in government is bad. I tend to put more blame on lazy entitled "had it too good since WWII" Americans, than I do the government. Americans elect their government, and all the people in Washington are Americans. You can't blame everything on politicians. You also can't adhere strictly to the consitution. There is now way the framers could have envisioned abolition, WWI, WWII, a changing morality, and everything else. I fell that strict consitutionalists are oversimplfying just about everything

Ah forget it.... you dont want to stick to the issue, and ya also dont accept what I say to you as being truthful. I have 0 reason to lie to you by the way.

As for SSI... its not a ponzi scheme right? I put it in, I should get it back right?

Yeah, whatever... your an antagonist. :fu:
Let me guess...you're on medicare and social security...

...if so, and I apologize if I'm mistaken, you are taking advantage of government entitlement programs that are not mentioned in the strict orignal consitution, and the strict consitutionalists want to get rid of medicare and social security.

Nice to know that you believe censorship is acceptable.

Well, only if you ignore the first 150 years of the nation's history.
You need to check the definition of censorship.

You haven't read any history if you think our first 150 years had anything to do with what pseudo libertarians like yourself espouse.
Using the prestige of the White House to intimidate business owners into pulling truthful advertising is censorship...Period.

And I've studied the century and a half prior to the debacle known as the progressive era quite extensively...If anyone here is a pseudo-anything poseur, it's you, Buckwheat.
That doesn't satisfy the definition of censorship....it's just intimidation. You have to force someone to edit thier words for it to be censorship

My next vehicle will be a Ford. After this little display , it's my way of saying "To hell with Government Motors, to hell with censorship, to hell with the UAW, and to hell with Obama!"

That doesn't satisfy the definition of censorship....it's just intimidation. You have to force someone to edit thier words for it to be censorship

So you're defending intimidation? :disbelief:
No....what made you think that?...because I said "Just" intimidation?......if you want to be technical...it wasn't even intimidation...it was a request.....but anti Obama people need to make it worthy of outrage....so you get outraged about it.

Bullshit semantic hair-splitting...All too common from the authoritarain left.

Exactly
Does Oddball hold your hair back when you're puking too? You two should take your hands off each other's penis's.

Man up guys....I can take you all easilly one on one. All you guys got is insults and stroking each other's weak comebacks.

Those social security checks and medicare covered doctor visits must be nice!

No....what made you think that?...because I said "Just" intimidation?

Yes. When you say it's "just" anything the generally accepted implication is that you're saying it's not a big deal.

if you want to be technical...it wasn't even intimidation...it was a request.....but anti Obama people need to make it worthy of outrage....so you get outraged about it.

Actually, it's if you want to speculate since you have no idea what actually transpired. The fact of the matter is that Ford subsequently pulled the add. Personally, I'd prefer an administration more concerned about real matters of governance and not preoccupied with PR.

Yes. When you say it's "just" anything the generally accepted implication is that you're saying it's not a big deal.

if you want to be technical...it wasn't even intimidation...it was a request.....but anti Obama people need to make it worthy of outrage....so you get outraged about it.

Actually, it's if you want to speculate since you have no idea what actually transpired. The fact of the matter is that Ford subsequently pulled the add. Personally, I'd prefer an administration more concerned about real matters of governance and not preoccupied with PR.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that it just doesn't satisfy the definition of censorship...."it's just intimidation. You have to force someone to edit thier words for it to be censorship."

I would bet good money that the BHO administration did not expect the vid and the story to be leaked.

:lol:

They would have been better off with the ad showing. Someone on PR in the WH is kicking themselves, no doubt.

I'm pretty sure he's saying that it just doesn't satisfy the definition of censorship...."it's just intimidation. You have to force someone to edit thier words for it to be censorship."

This is purely speculation on my part, but I am pretty sure the WH has ways of being "persuasive".

In my opinion, Ford is getting pretty good publicity over the ad.... so good for them
:clap2:

Bullshit semantic hair-splitting...All too common from the authoritarain left.

Exactly
Does Oddball hold your hair back when you're puking too? You two should take your hands off each other's penis's.

Man up guys....I can take you all easilly one on one. All you guys got is insults and stroking each other's weak comebacks.

Yep, I negg'd you.....

Why ya got to be a dick man? Most everyone has been amicable on the topic except you.

Nice job.

I will go against the grain here.

If the White House told them it wasn't a good idea, but didn't threaten any type of force or anything of the kind, than it was not a rights violation and has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment.

Further, it wasn't a good idea. (the ad) Our economy is on the edge of a cliff and all we need is propoganda out there gassing people's heads up about not buying from Companies who were bailed out; thus, making the bailouts an even BIGGER waste when/if the Companies go belly-up as a result. <-- and that's not an endorsement of the bailouts, so please, don't infer things that aren't really there for the sake of a jab. I heart you

Ford really made out on this. They didn't have to fork out a single cent for advertizing time on this, leak the story to the press, and get more attention for their product than they ever could have gotten purchasing ad time and running the ad.

And, the administration gets a black eye as an added bonus.

Ford stayed solvent for a reason. :thup:

Yep, I negg'd you.....

Why ya got to be a dick man? Most everyone has been amicable on the topic except you.

Nice job.
You know what...I was being amiable untill Oddball called me a fool. I apologize for some of that spilling onto my conversation with you. He was actualy the one who was advocating strict contiutionalism....which means that the government only does defense. Oddball told me he remembers the Goldwater VS Rockefeller thing, which means he was aware of political matters in 1963, which makes him what?...at least 60?....I don't really care how old he is but he didn't mention if he is in social security and medicare, or if he will take advantage of those government programs not mentioned in the original contitution.

Again.....sorry Infidel.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I am pretty sure the WH has ways of being "persuasive".

In my opinion, Ford is getting pretty good publicity over the ad.... so good for them
:clap2:
Do you think outrage over this issue may be a little overblown? Somebody said Obama has other issues to deal with. IMHO....I agree....and getting one's panties all bunched up over this is as bad as Obama spending time on it.

Whaddya you think?

Nice to know that you believe censorship is acceptable.

Well, only if you ignore the first 150 years of the nation's history.
I'd go with only about the first 80 years, but what the hell. The first rotten bastard potus from Illinois was real big on censorship.
What did Abraham Lincoln censor?
Opposition newspapers across the north were shut down and/or denied the use of the postal service to distribute their papers, others had their presses destroyed.
Other than that, not much.

Yeah, they are nice. It's great to live on $1,000/month, from which state and federal income tax, along with medicare insurance premiums are deducted. Indeed, we are living high on the hog, and we only had to work 45 years paying into the system to receive this luxurious windfall, laughing all the way to the bank because we so enjoy screwing self-serving, clueless narcissists like yourself. Moron.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back