Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

The minimum a job should pay is a living wage. If you have higher skills than that you should get higher pay than that.
Depends. Your pay is related to the worth of what you produce. If you produce an item that sales for less than a living wage you need to get another job. Raising your pay is only going to cause the business to fold.

Easy. Democrats need their votes. Big government likes to make the middle-class pay the way of the no-to-low skilled. We owe them a living. They don't need to earn one.

Look at you! Desperate to be the champion of the middle class! Ain't gonna work.

Easy. Democrats need their votes. Big government likes to make the middle-class pay the way of the no-to-low skilled. We owe them a living. They don't need to earn one.

This is not about the UNemployed.

Its about people who are working for a living.

Cops, teachers, firefighters.are.highly skilled jobs, they get paid like shit, but they know there stuff
They are specialized skills not highly skilled. Just because you may think they are highly skilled doesnt really do it for me.
Ok I get it they are one Dimensional not like me who is highly skilled in every aspect of injection molding, but do you think some one like me is some Whats better then some one who just speacilize in one thing?

Who is better me? Who gets things done? Or a person who specialize in details?

Lots of things wrong with this, one of which is that there is no such thing as an "unskilled worker".

You might want to read a book called Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich

Then Barbara Ehrenreich never met me when I was 16 years old starting my first job at the supermarket.
I had no skill in operating a cash register. No skill in how to stock a freezer. No skill in many ways. The only thing I brought were the good habits of being on time and
being at work when I was suppose to be. Good habits my parents taught in keeping my mouth shut and ears open!

Your post proves mine is correct.

You say that age 16, you had no skills.

Then you were taught skills.

Funny how all these people think the OTHER guy should be working for low wages.

How many of you anti-minimum wage people think YOU"RE overpaid?

Cops, teachers, firefighters.are.highly skilled jobs, they get paid like shit, but they know there stuff
They are specialized skills not highly skilled. Just because you may think they are highly skilled doesnt really do it for me.
Ok I get it they are one Dimensional not like me who is highly skilled in every aspect of injection molding, but do you think some one like me is some Whats better then some one who just speacilize in one thing?

What do you mean by better? Do you mean more valuable? Your worth when it comes to labor is based on the value you bring your employer. Is it possible we could do the exact same job but I could bring more value than you can? Of course its possible.

Do you use DC powered German plastic extrusion machines, or do you shoot it out your rectum?

Why is it that our nutters are incapable of researching the positive effect that a high minimum wage has on an economy? The "common sense" approach is a failed approach.

I'll tell you why. Our nutters are frightened and insecure.....as a general rule. They measure their own worth by whether or not they can look down on others and shake their heads in disgust. If the burger flipper's labor was paid for in such a way that he could lead a decent life....raise kids....take a vacation.....retire with dignity.......our nutters couldn't say they were better than a burger flipper.

It boils down to their being douchebags.

continued.............
To understand how delusional, consider that a $15 an hour full time salary would put you in the same ball park as biologists, auto mechanics, biochemists, teachers, geologists, roofers, and bank tellers.

You’d be making more than some police officers.

You’d easily out earn many firefighters.

Ironically, you’d be fast food workers with starting salaries higher than many professional chefs, which is a bit like paying a tattoo artist less than the person who paints cat whiskers on your face at the carnival.

You’d be halfway to the income of accountants, engineers, and physical therapists.

Does that sound fair? It might sound fun, but does it sound fair? These are highly skilled jobs which require years of training and education. These are jobs which, in some cases, our society profoundly relies upon. Jobs with enormous responsibilities. Jobs that are considerably more complex and complicated than refilling the soda fountain at Roy Rogers.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com
If you are a chef worth a shit, they draw in close to 6 figure incomes...

KEY WORD!!! ANECDOTAL!!!
Do you understand that what the majority of LIPs fail to understand is the word "ANECDOTAL"!
You said "worth a shit" means better skilled. And so far you don't seem to comprehend that distinction.
Yes a "worth their shit" can command... but they are HIGHLY SKILLED... understand the distinction???
You are way off on your claims of what various jobs pay. So, being so far off, how does that affect the accuracy or credibility of your concepts? The jobs you list vary greatly in some cases, but mostly they pay far more than the 32,000 per year a 15.00 per hour job pays. The median pay for a biologist is 45,300 per year and the median pay for a mechanic is 52,240 per year. Does that sound like the same "ballpark" to you?

The minimum a job should pay is a living wage. If you have higher skills than that you should get higher pay than that.
Depends. Your pay is related to the worth of what you produce. If you produce an item that sales for less than a living wage you need to get another job. Raising your pay is only going to cause the business to fold.
If what you produce isn't worth a living wage then it shouldn't be produced.

Why is it that our nutters are incapable of researching the positive effect that a high minimum wage has on an economy? The "common sense" approach is a failed approach.

I'll tell you why. Our nutters are frightened and insecure.....as a general rule. They measure their own worth by whether or not they can look down on others and shake their heads in disgust. If the burger flipper's labor was paid for in such a way that he could lead a decent life....raise kids....take a vacation.....retire with dignity.......our nutters couldn't say they were better than a burger flipper.

It boils down to their being douchebags.
They hated the US back in the 1960's for it's disposable income capabilities after the communist led US govt. of that time, made it possible...

Unless it's a hobby...

There are three million Americans employed in food prep and service. They make about $9.10 per hour on average.

Hard working people making shit wages.

It's going to change, nutters.

There is that hard to quantify term again. "worth". If someone makes something like say the pet rock should the people who pick the rocks and box them be paid more than what the item is worth? Remember no one is forcing them to take the job.

CEO's? They don't do shit, they make millions sitting around all day

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb
It's a give-take relationship, yet CEO's earn millions even if the company losses money....Employees, not so much..Both need each other to operate and produce product...

Yeah, because there is a vast pool of people out there that can run a company... burger flippers? They are a dime-a-dozen.

:lol:

There are three million Americans employed in food prep and service. They make about $9.10 per hour on average.

Wow they make that much? They are vastly overpaid... and guess what if there are that many, there are three times that many waiting to step in and fill their mindless, dumbfuck shoes.

Wow they make that much? They are vastly overpaid... and guess what if there are that many, there are three times that many waiting to step in and fill their mindless, dumbfuck shoes.

Outstanding! You are a great American.

Oh, and by the way, stop typing and get my fries.

Outstanding! You are a great American.

I am.... thanks!!!!!!! And you're a great commie!!!!

Forum List

Back